Author Topic: Where’s The Beef? Ja Rule; 50 Cent and "The Cookout"  (Read 692 times)

SGV

Re: Where’s The Beef? Ja Rule; 50 Cent and "The Cookout"
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2004, 11:41:58 AM »
Uh...LOL. Nothing else to say huh Jome? It's ok to admit that you can't reply to simple logic.

Where have my posts been "torn apart" and when have I been "humiliated"?

bjax

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Next Up on the List
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2004, 12:21:49 PM »
Let's see, 50 put Budden on blast in XXL and then sent Game to diss him. So, Budden has no other choice but to respond. Yet, Jome says it's for publicity. I guess Game dissed for honor? I guess 50 put him on blast because of his love for Hip Hop? LMAO. All of guilty of dissing for publicity.

Game dissed Budden because Budden got on a Game freestlye and dissed G-Unit.  It had nothing to do with 50 and XXL.  In fact, Game was staying out of that beef until Budden pulled that stunt.

50 is getting the same treatment he gave the industry. Serious or not, he made a track dissing people, for publicity. He piggie backed Ja's success(as well as Dre and Em's names) to blow up like that. But, Jome will overlook that.

Yes, he dissed others when they were on top and now others are dissing him when he's on top.  I don't see your point here.

See, Battles aren't determined by sales or popularity. They're determined by diss records. Ja's records held more weight than 50's, period. The people who say Ja won will almost always give lyrical examples why. People saying 50 will usually bring up sales or popularity. I think what solidified Ja's victory is what 50 has become. Ja Jr. 50 is serenading women, the same thing he dissed Ja for, is what he has become. So, he took an L and took Ja's steez, it's not hard to see.

You're seriously dillusional if you think Ja won those battles.  Battles aren't determined by sales or popularity?  Maybe.  But the facts are this:  Ja was on top, 50 was a nobody.  They started feuding with both of them doing diss records.  In the end most of the fans turned on Ja and hopped on 50s bandwagon.  If Ja really held more weight or won the battles on wax,  most of the people would not have turned on him so quickly or in such large numbers.  Just because you say otherwise, the results prove you wrong.  Sales and popularity are an indication of who's records are holding more weight, and 50 won that hands down.

Ja is NOT admitting to losing, he's being the bigger man

Ja a bigger man?  You can't be serious. If he was the bigger man he would've ignored 50 to start with.  Instead he feuded with him for a year and even put out a WHOLE CD dissing 50.  50 only had one song dedicated to Ja on his album.  Ja is far from the bigger man.  He just realized that pursuing this beef hasn't helped him or Murder Inc. any and he's deciding to pull out while he still can.

SGV

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2004, 12:51:01 PM »
Budden and 50 had been going back and forth for a minute. The track in question added fuel to the flame, but I still doubt Budden was dissing them.

My point was: 50 is getting back what he gave others. It's karma, like Ja stated.

Dre and Snoop remained more popular than the Ruthless cats, but does that mean "Real Muthaphukkin' G'z" didn't destroy them?

Maybe you tuned in a little late, but 50 had dissed Ja a number of times, prior to even blowing up. Their beef is deeper than Music. But, Ja is the bigger man for moving on.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2004, 12:54:05 PM »
Let's see, 50 put Budden on blast in XXL and then sent Game to diss him. So, Budden has no other choice but to respond. Yet, Jome says it's for publicity. I guess Game dissed for honor? I guess 50 put him on blast because of his love for Hip Hop? LMAO. All of guilty of dissing for publicity.

Domo and Smurf KNOW 50. Smurf was 50's right hand man. There is A LOT more to it than you know. It's not even music, it's a street beef(and, it might just end in the streets). But, you're right, it's not a publicity stunt for 50 to diss Ja and people down with him(remember your reasoning for 50's dissing R.Kelly?).

Saigon actually shouts(or shouted) 50 and G-Unit. I think he's just over the whole "I Got Shot, I'm A Gangsta" gimmick. They were/are coo with each other, their might be something to it that we don't know about.

50 is getting the same treatment he gave the industry. Serious or not, he made a track dissing people, for publicity. He piggie backed Ja's success(as well as Dre and Em's names) to blow up like that. But, Jome will overlook that.

See, Battles aren't determined by sales or popularity. They're determined by diss records. Ja's records held more weight than 50's, period. The people who say Ja won will almost always give lyrical examples why. People saying 50 will usually bring up sales or popularity. I think what solidified Ja's victory is what 50 has become. Ja Jr. 50 is serenading women, the same thing he dissed Ja for, is what he has become. So, he took an L and took Ja's steez, it's not hard to see.

Ja is NOT admitting to losing, he's being the bigger man, which to people like Jome & Game(people who take things WAY too literal and like to gloat), makes them the loser. No! Ja is saying that the roles have changed. He was once the most hated in the industry, he was once the most popular and successful participant in their beef. But, 50 is in Ja's place and Ja is in 50's place. Ja is now what 50 once was, the Underdog. It's simple logic.

As for Domination. The cat has a HOT flow. He is very witty, he's one of the few emcees that literally makes me laugh. His only fault, with cats here, is he's beefing with G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath. That's a no no around here. See, you're either a dickrider or you're not. There's no medium at Dubcc. You either love everything Dre and them do or you're able to seperate yourself from the music and be a Fan. Cats like me, Strong Bad, Baby G, etc. can actually like the music for the music. Others here, and they know who they are, will beef with whoever Em, 50 etc. is beefing with.

Jome is right about one thing though. He doesn't like EVERYTHING that is Dre/50 affiliated. There is one exception that Jome will always make. If it's Southern, it's not good(Scarface and couple others aside, according to him). If Buck was from the Bronx, kept the same lyrics but had an East Coast voice, he'd love him. Same can be said for Stat Quo. That's one bias that he has, that over shadows his love for Dre and 50.

What is funny to me is that almost all of the G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath cats diss for publicity, but they get a pass. Dre dissed Eazy for publicity. Eazy was already known as a solo artist, Dre was making his name as a solo artist. He wasn't Dre of N.W.A., he was just Dre. He had to make a name, so who better to beef with? Eazy. Yes, they had a real problem, but if it was that much of problem it could've been handled off wax. Eminem dissed every pop star known to man, again, for publicity. 50, "How To Rob," enough said. Game, he's been dissing Bleek and Budden for other reasons than personal. He dissed Bleek for JT and he dissed Budden for 50. Almost all of his material will have a shot to someone. Game disses for publicity. But, this is never brought up, why?

Jome will respond to this with his predictable "S.G.V. you're a hater" style post. But, let me help him out here. A hater wouldn't listen to 50 records and would just automatically say its wack. I bumped Get Rich... and as a matter of fact, I'll listen to it from time to time. There was some ill production on it. I thought the G-Unit album was garbage(I'm sure most people, except Jome of course, will say the same), for the exception of a few tracks. Banks' album was A LOT better than I expected, but still wasn't that great. Although, "Warrior" is a top 5 track for me this year(oh man! I'm such a hater!!!!!!!!). I also dug Buck's album something serious. That shit knocks. A hater would NEVER admit to any of that.

To end this, until FANS can seperate themselves from the music, they'll be considered Dickriders.

* claps, finally some truth
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"