Author Topic: Ja Rule Being Sued, Again!  (Read 352 times)

Semir

• Muthafuckin' OG
Ja Rule Being Sued, Again!
« on: August 28, 2004, 03:08:12 AM »
Ja Rule was hit with a lawsuit by the owner of a mansion in the plush Star Island section of Miami, Florida.

According to a lawsuit filed yesterday (August 26), Jeanette Varela said the rapper hosted a party for 600 people and damaged the home.

The lawsuit also named The Inc., Universal Studios and MTV, claiming the network is illegally showing clips of her home on the show “Cribs” and billing the residence as Ja Rules'.

“She lives there," Varela's Robert H. Cooper told the Miami Herald. "They filmed and showed her bedroom, her living room."

Varela said she was paid $46,000 for Ja Rule to stay at the waterfront mansion for Memorial Day weekend of 2001 and the party took place shortly thereafter.

MTV taped scenes of Ja Rule walking around the mansion for "Cribs," and the lawsuit alleges the clip has been played regularly and is slated to run this weekend during MTV's 2004 Video Music Awards.

The lawsuit says The Inc. and Ja Rule breached their contract by holding the party. Varela alleges holes were knocked in the walls, doors were broken and the mosaic tile in the driveway was severely damaged.

She says that Universal Studios unjustly benefited by using the footage to promote “The Fast and the Furious,” which stars Ja Rule.

The lawsuit says “there were numerous syringes and condom wrappers strewn about the mansion” and that damages to the house were in excess of $1 million dollars."

''The privacy expectations would be a lot different if this were a rental home,'' Cooper said. "MTV has profited from the use of having my client's house as the basic subject matter of this video. They have collected revenues from this. There should be some restitution.''

Varela’s lawsuit says the party caused strain in her relationship with neighbors. Such celebrities as Shaquille O’Neal, Rosie O’Donnell, Gloria Estefan and others live in the exclusive area.

Ja Rule is planning to release his latest album, R.U.L.E. on November 9th.

Throwback

Re: Ja Rule Being Sued, Again!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 03:13:20 AM »
lmao. what an idiot.

eS El Duque

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »
hahahaha...owned

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 01:22:27 PM »
The nigga couldn't even use his own house for Cribs. Now that's fuckin' sad.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 01:35:50 PM »
"Oops... Wrong house, my bad.."

lol

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Jome

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 07:10:47 PM »
LMAO

I haven't seen the clip, but if Ja Rule is following the cameras around in "his house", and telling which room it is, etc. like they usually do on Cribs, that would be hilarious as fuck.
"Mmm yeah, this is the toilet, and this is the main living room, oh wait this is the kitchen"..  ;D

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 08:33:34 PM »
this is all too funny...

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 01:56:49 AM »
hahha Ja Rule is pathetic

-KIDRENEGADE-

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 04:49:02 AM »
I've seen it. It's like a "best of" show of Cribs and Ja does the introductions to each clip from that house. They don't say the house is Ja's though - they say something like now that Ja's joined the rich man club, he's planning on buying a "crib" of his own and he's checking out the house like he is about to buy it. In the end he said something about putting in a down payment for the place. But they never actually said Ja lived there. But the muthafucka swam in the houses pool and everything in the show. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking in Ja's defence or anything, I hope the fool loses the case.

She says that Universal Studios unjustly benefited by using the footage to promote “The Fast and the Furious,” which stars Ja Rule.

^^
That sounds like a bit of a stretch to me, but hey if it works it means more money for the house owner and less for Ja. Which is nice.

The lawsuit says “there were numerous syringes and condom wrappers strewn about the mansion”

^^
What, Ja is shooting H now? Haha! :D

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2004, 06:16:57 PM »
lol

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2004, 08:05:40 PM »
Add me to the list of Ja Rule haters.  Hope that fakeass punk loses his case.