Author Topic: Fable for Xbox  (Read 427 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Fable for Xbox
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2004, 02:00:45 PM »
I'll be downloading it when it comes out but I doubt I'll play it that much cause I hate RPGs. I'll only play if you can kill innocent people and shit like that and it doesn't turn out to be gay.

How the hell u gonna download it?  Its for Xbox only

you can have your xbox chipped so that you can download games off the internet... i personally don't believe in game piracy, the guys that make games put in 1000 times more work than musicians put into cd's and games are much more enjoyable....

I don't totally believe that.  For new games, yes...since developers have to put in a hell of a lot more time and effort into games nowadays.  But for older games, I've downloaded a few older pc titles (doom, ages of empires, empire earth).  But Fable...they been workin on it for 5 YEARS...FIVE FUCKING YEARS.

To people who download this game, I have absolutely no respect for you as a person or a gamer.
That's gay, who the hell are you to judge someone for downloading shit.  So you have no problem with downloading Doom, but if I download Fable, I'm an asshole?  Maybe if they didnt charge 50 fucking dollars a game I would buy more shit.  It costs them about 5 dollars to manufacture each game TOPS.  So they're really raping me by charging 50.  Why not fuck them?

Montana00

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2004, 03:11:46 PM »
I havent bought a PC game since medal of honor allied assault (3-4 years ago). Ive downloaded so many games, and i dont even care.

90% of the games ive download, i never would have bought in the first place.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2004, 08:22:35 PM »
I'll be downloading it when it comes out but I doubt I'll play it that much cause I hate RPGs. I'll only play if you can kill innocent people and shit like that and it doesn't turn out to be gay.

you can have your xbox chipped so that you can download games off the internet... i personally don't believe in game piracy, the guys that make games put in 1000 times more work than musicians put into cd's and games are much more enjoyable....

I don't totally believe that.  For new games, yes...since developers have to put in a hell of a lot more time and effort into games nowadays.  But for older games, I've downloaded a few older pc titles (doom, ages of empires, empire earth).  But Fable...they been workin on it for 5 YEARS...FIVE FUCKING YEARS.

To people who download this game, I have absolutely no respect for you as a person or a gamer.
That's gay, who the hell are you to judge someone for downloading shit.  So you have no problem with downloading Doom, but if I download Fable, I'm an asshole?  Maybe if they didnt charge 50 fucking dollars a game I would buy more shit.  It costs them about 5 dollars to manufacture each game TOPS.  So they're really raping me by charging 50.  Why not fuck them?

$50 is a rip off?  Do you know how much money the developers put into Fable?  Millions.  Do you know much time and effort they put into Fable?  5 years worth.  So you're gonna sit there and tell me that they're raping YOU for charging $50 for Fable?  Wow......just wow.....

Maybe if it took you 5 years to earn that $50, then I would say go right ahead and download it  ::)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2004, 09:08:41 PM »

$50 is a rip off?  Do you know how much money the developers put into Fable?  Millions.  Do you know much time and effort they put into Fable?  5 years worth.  So you're gonna sit there and tell me that they're raping YOU for charging $50 for Fable?  Wow......just wow.....

Maybe if it took you 5 years to earn that $50, then I would say go right ahead and download it  ::)
I know they've been developing it for 5 years, but its not like I'm the only one that's paying 50 dollars.  If they charged a reasonable amount (20 bucks) they would still turn a hell of a profit and the consumers would be happy too.

Montana00

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2004, 10:14:24 PM »
its working big time for Espn football.

Thirteen

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2004, 07:36:10 PM »
its working big time for Espn football.

ummm lets see which is harder. update an already existing engine, switch some players around, change some logic around and TA DA you have ESPN 2k6

vs

creating a story, characters and environment, creating the graphics engine and logic and then trying to get hype up for a new thing that no one has ever done before

i can see why one is $20 and the other is $50

I know they've been developing it for 5 years, but its not like I'm the only one that's paying 50 dollars.  If they charged a reasonable amount (20 bucks) they would still turn a hell of a profit and the consumers would be happy too.

no they wouldn't. game developers work hellish hours just to create a game... they work roughlyy 12-16 hour days 5-6 days a week so doing a little math and even giving the developers minimum wage....(which is far from what they actually get paid) you'd have to pay one developer $112,476 for the 5 years of their time. now seeing as there's anywhere from 75 to 200 people working on a game...taking a nice average number of 125 workers the total is now $14,059,500. this is the barest i can get the figures, no added costs or anything

so at a $20 price tag per game they'd have to sell 702,975 copies just to break even

all this math boils down to you're a moron

if you want to comaplin about an industry that should have things cheaper, try music... games have advanced with the time, starting off at small cartridges, moving up to larger ones, cd's GDROMS, andd DVD's....each time they fulfil the use of their medium

music has gone pretty much along the same lines, but they have never superpassed the the cd medium....you can fit well over 400 songs on a cd and we still get around 15 songs per cd for $15

Montana00

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2004, 07:53:51 PM »
No i meant sega is getting more sales because they lowered their prices.