Author Topic: Alien vs. Predator  (Read 791 times)

eS El Duque

Re: Alien vs. Predator
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2004, 12:02:25 AM »
of course they didn't.  those movies are classics and they were made years ago.  back when movies were good.  now hollywood sucks balls, and you are lucky to get 1 good movie out of 10 new ones.  I personally think I could have come up with a much better movie, in fact I think damn near every fan of the originals could have come up with a better movie.  but for what its worth in today's standards of movies, I say it is pretty good.

Only other movies I can say are as bad as this one the past 2-3 years (that i've watched)

Honey
Miracle
Van helsing
Hell boy
Freddy vs jason
Matrix 2

This is by NO means, a good movie in hollywood standards. But in the "average joe/im a dumbass" standards, its good.

hector

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2004, 12:18:22 AM »
well then stick me in the avg joe/I'm a dumbass category, cause for what its worth, it was decent.

and you must have not seen many new movies in the last 2 to 3 years.  baffles me that you decided to see Honey and Miracle tho.  in the last 2 to 3 years I have seen at least 40 movies worse than alien vs predator.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2004, 12:38:27 AM »
everybody was laughin when the predator and that girl helped eachother out.. but i went in expectin sumthin dum like that.. and as soon as it started i KNEW that girl was gunna b the only 1 to survive

eS El Duque

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2004, 01:09:13 AM »
well then stick me in the avg joe/I'm a dumbass category, cause for what its worth, it was decent.

and you must have not seen many new movies in the last 2 to 3 years.  baffles me that you decided to see Honey and Miracle tho.  in the last 2 to 3 years I have seen at least 40 movies worse than alien vs predator.

Those were just some examples, I should've added 'etc' at the end. I didn't pay to see Miracle (however I did for honey, becuase of jessica ;)). I rented the others.

Just for fun, can you name those 40 movies ;D?

hector

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2004, 01:25:35 AM »

Just for fun, can you name those 40 movies ;D?

yes, the next time I feel like contemplating suicide.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2004, 10:46:23 AM »
how can an alien kill 2 predators when they have all that technology and weapons. And in the alien movies the humans kill many aliens. Sounds fuckin dumb to me.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2004, 11:10:30 AM »
u are underestimating Aliens the be bitin niggas faces off like Blanka an shit :laugh:

-KIDRENEGADE-

eS El Duque

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2004, 12:26:35 PM »
how can an alien kill 2 predators when they have all that technology and weapons. And in the alien movies the humans kill many aliens. Sounds fuckin dumb to me.

Well, if you wanna know how....read here

Spolier

The predators didn't have their special weapons, those lil guns that are suppossed to go on their shoulder, becuase the humans had em.

Thirteen

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2004, 09:34:15 PM »
i just saw the movie and the story pretty much sticks to the rules of the originals....you guys are complaining about the black chick need to watch the two predator movies again....in the first one it was stated that the predators only hunt males. in the second one, the only reason the predator killed the female was because she was armed. later in that movie, it showed that predators respect/honor people that have proved their skills, they awarded Danny Glover with that antique pistol.

now to things i didn't like...

Every predator movie, they called the predators "one ugly mother fuckers" seeing as this was PG-13, i knew they were going to bitch out

Not enough clashes between aliens and predators, and the end fight scene was pretty anti-climatic

and the plot was pretty damn weak

overall not too bad of a movie if you're going to just see a fun movie

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2004, 01:20:17 AM »
i just saw the movie and the story pretty much sticks to the rules of the originals....you guys are complaining about the black chick need to watch the two predator movies again....in the first one it was stated that the predators only hunt males. in the second one, the only reason the predator killed the female was because she was armed. later in that movie, it showed that predators respect/honor people that have proved their skills, they awarded Danny Glover with that antique pistol.

now to things i didn't like...

Every predator movie, they called the predators "one ugly mother fuckers" seeing as this was PG-13, i knew they were going to bitch out

Not enough clashes between aliens and predators, and the end fight scene was pretty anti-climatic

and the plot was pretty damn weak

overall not too bad of a movie if you're going to just see a fun movie

Actually, there were plenty of continuity errors...The fact that it's set in Antarctica when Predator's are supposed to turn up in heat-wave conditions (as told in the first two movies) is one I can think of without even watching the film.

Thirteen

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2004, 06:39:54 AM »
true but in the second one, they weren't afraid to go into cold conditions like when they got ambushed in that factory, plus i would have to believe that the temple was giving off some sort of heat source because the people were too dressed down for antarctic climate, plus the satillite that found the temple only located it from it's heat source

eS El Duque

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2004, 08:38:27 AM »
true but in the second one, they weren't afraid to go into cold conditions like when they got ambushed in that factory, plus i would have to believe that the temple was giving off some sort of heat source because the people were too dressed down for antarctic climate, plus the satillite that found the temple only located it from it's heat source

I was wondering, how the fuck does that check not die when she's in fuckin death freezin temps down in Antarctica, just wearing a fuckin tank top.