Author Topic: Looking back.. The advance of Snoop's PTCTBDB was banging compared to the album!  (Read 400 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

I was just goin thru some older CDs and I stumbled over this old comp i put together of songs that didn't make the Paid The Cost To Be Da Boss album.

And I came to the conclusion that the standard in rap has gone so far down the drain that we're happy with the shittiest shit nowadays lol.

we critisized the shit out of the bootleggs, and now when i bump that shit it was me liike  :o :o this is WAYYYYYYYYyyyyy better than what we get nowadays! And we're talking about late 2002!

"It's Tha D-O-G-" ft. E-White
20 Minutes Pt. 2 ft. Goldie Loc
On The Mash ft. Kokane
That's The Shit ft. Latoya
Time Goes On ft. Kokane
For Real ft. RBX
Doin' It Too ft. Soopafly
Family Reuinion ft. Bad Azz Soopafly Warren G & Daz

and a few weaker ones. But overalll this is so much better than what ended up on the final album..

who agree's that we've gone down concerning our expectations? but we had to though, otherwise we'd be frustrated all the time lol. I mean people praising Yuk's UGA 2 as best westcoast album of the year, there's something wrong! It's tight, but no way should it be our WC album of the year! it's a compilation!

loosing faith in rap.........lol

Don Seer

aint you figured it yet?  everyone just hates on whatever snoop does..

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
And I came to the conclusion that the standard in rap has gone so far down the drain that we're happy with the shittiest shit nowadays lol.

Funny...I was thinking exactly the same a few months ago.
You see, the thing is...if we set our expectations about an album very high, then there's a big risk we're gonna be disappointed. So every time we cop an album, we should go to the store with the thought "man, this album will be worthless" or "let's hear what this album sounds like"...and not "damn, this will be slamming album, I just know it!".

But, I guess there are a few exeptions...The Game for instance. Although we haven't heard that many songs by him, I think everybody's pretty sure that his album will be tight, because of the fact that Dre's the executive producer.

lbc213

Have to agree with everything u said, good post

Mygla

i agree with Nima... the same can be said about Tha Last Meal..

take the tightest tracks that didn't make the album, plus the tightest track that made it, and you got a damn near classic album!

Jome

"It's Tha D-O-G-" ft. E-White
20 Minutes Pt. 2 ft. Goldie Loc
For Real ft. RBX

It's a fucking miracle that these 3 didn't make the CD, the last 2 would have been the 2 best tracks on the CD.
They probably thought 3 tracks with Goldie Loc was too much..

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Yeah I was playin that bootleg the entire summer...matter fact, remember it was two separate bootlegs that had some similar songs and some different? I was on those a lot harder than the real album that came out. When I first heard Ballin, that shit was damn near amazing. And "The way you shake it" sounded a lot better on the bootlegs when they were switchin the beat up n shit at the end.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
hm Yukmouth - Godzilla was hella sick, San quinn last album, e40, bay is the best thing in the west right now

eS El Duque

but then they start loving it after a week..the new fad ;)

lbc213

I was bumpin the last meal advance today, same goes for that one:

Money To Fold feat Kurupt
Everywhere I go (long version)
Luv U
Money
Hot Pursuit feat Goldie Loc
let's not forget about:
Purple & No Backtraccin'
 :-X

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol..it took you two years to figure this out...PTCTBTB was one of the 10 worst albums ever

Young Dan Iza

PTCTBTB is Snoop's second best CD

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/

Wild_Elmo

Re: Looking back.. The advance of Snoop's PTCTBDB was banging compared to the al
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2004, 06:11:32 PM »

aint YOU figured it out yet? everything snoop does is wack.