Author Topic: Deion Sanders Joins Ravens  (Read 107 times)

mrtonguetwista

Deion Sanders Joins Ravens
« on: August 31, 2004, 07:12:24 PM »
After three seasons away from the NFL, Deion Sanders signed with the Baltimore Ravens on Tuesday.

The seven-time Pro Bowl cornerback passed his physical and signed a one-year contract laden with incentives. He will practice with the team for the first time Wednesday, and expects to play in the Ravens' season opener Sept. 12 against the Cleveland Browns.

Sanders, 37, played corner in his prime, but will be used as a fifth defensive back in Baltimore.

``This game is not all that complicated. We're going to try to ingrain him as quickly as we can,'' Ravens coach Brian Billick said Tuesday morning. ``We have to make sure we know where he's at physically. He's here plenty early enough to have an impact.''

Sanders has not played since the 2000 season with the Washington Redskins. He retired on the eve of the team's training camp in 2001, but the Ravens are convinced he's still got enough talent to contribute to their bid to defend the AFC North title and advance to the Super Bowl.

He spent the 2002 and 2003 seasons on CBS' NFL pregame show.

``Based on people we've talked to, opinions we trust, I'm sure there's no question he's going to be able to compete. At the level he competed before? There's very few of us that can do things as well as we did before. At 50, I can attest to that,'' Billick said. ``But what he will bring to the table for us will be substantial.''

MANBEARPIG.

Re: Deion Sanders Joins Ravens
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 12:14:07 AM »
bleh...

I hope they shatter his eye socket again

now....

where's my whiskey I'ma get tore up!

-KIDRENEGADE-