Author Topic: Jadakiss - the best rapper with wack albums.. ?  (Read 1151 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jadakiss - the best rapper with wack albums.. ?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2004, 04:48:54 PM »
no, that title definitely goes to ras kass.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2004, 07:11:39 PM »
why was cute... lmao

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2004, 07:13:18 PM »
why was cute... lmao

I hate Why. I'm probably the only person who feels that way.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2004, 07:52:51 PM »
^probly... did u like THe Roots - Why... i thought that was great also

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2004, 07:55:30 PM »
^probly... did u like THe Roots - Why... i thought that was great also

Yeah that was a dope song. It had better lyrics and more meaning. Jada's Why can't even compare to that track.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jome

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2004, 08:57:35 PM »
Thing is I don't think he can really carry a whole song by himself. Even the doper tracks from Kiss Tha Game had guest appearances on them, and the new album just has nothing that makes me wanna listen to it on their. He's only ever gonna be good for group albums and guest appearances I think, unless he actually gets some dope producers on his next album. Think about it, all of his best guest appearances have been over more straight hiphop orientated beats, i.e "Right Where You Stand" and "Made You Look Remix" to name a couple, and I think he actually stuggles to flow on more Jiggy beats, so it would make more sense to do a straight hiphop album instead of all this half crossed over shit he doing at the moment.
I think there are just certain artists that you can hear too much of - Kiss is one of them. Everyone knows he has skills but he struggles to carry 80 minutes on his back. Part of it is the producers, like Jome said, but part of it is also just him - he's a dope emcee but an average artist.

Reminds me of how I used to feel about Mystikal (don't get me wrong - I'm not comparing the two in terms of skills). I used to love his appearances on No Limit tracks but when I bought Unpredictable I realised a whole album of him was really pretty shit...

Word.
I was almost certain that "Kiss Of Death" should be sick after hearing "Time's Up" and "Champ is here", but then he had to throw all of those sellout wannabe crossover joints on the album..  :(

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2004, 03:05:15 AM »
why was cute... lmao

I hate Why. I'm probably the only person who feels that way.

nope. there are at least two 8)

...oh yeah, sumbody else said it was a pathetic attempt to be profound...so that makes it three

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2004, 03:20:28 AM »
Chino XL...Ill ass rapper, but doesn't know how to make a song.

SGV

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2004, 03:38:29 AM »
^^^Disagree. His albums have been good. His new album will be hard. My boy's Roomate produced the B-Side to "Wordsmith" it's called "Messiah."

How is Jada a Sell-Out? He came into the game on some jiggy shit. LOL. Sell-Out is such an over and wrongly used term.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2004, 03:42:14 AM »
Chino XL has the potential to make masterpieces; instead he brings us sub-par albums.

SGV

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2004, 03:49:08 AM »
I don't see what's sub par about them. They're not the best, but far from sub par. To each is own. I think Non-Phix is garbage, you think Chi makes weak albums... Two different views.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2004, 03:54:41 AM »
I don't see what's sub par about them. They're not the best, but far from sub par. To each is own. I think Non-Phix is garbage, you think Chi makes weak albums... Two different views.

Well, I wouldn't say weak, but they disappoint when you know how ill he is.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2004, 05:42:10 AM »
I agree with half of the title of the thread. And it aint the "best rapper" part.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2004, 09:00:40 AM »
Kiss Tha Game Goodbye>Kiss Of Death

His first album was way better including the song with Nas, "We Gonna Make It" produced by Alchemist with Styles P, and then None Y'All Better which was the Lox prduced bt Primo, then....Put Ya Hands Up.....Kiss Is Spittin........Uh Huhh with DMX.    Even a down south song on there too.  and some west coast with Snoop.   That album was sick.   It was an 8.5/10.........the new Kiss...........7.5/10.

Kiss Tha Game Goodbye deserves...money.....power............RESPECT
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2004, 09:28:46 AM »
...oh yeah, sumbody else said it was a pathetic attempt to be profound...so that makes it three

That was me.  I can't believe some people are so easily impressed.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.