Author Topic: Re: TQ - Listen  (Read 155 times)

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
Re: TQ - Listen
« on: September 08, 2004, 10:41:50 AM »
Funny how nobody's talking bout this CD.

Except for a thread more than a week ago with some people asking if it did come out, there's no talk about this album. And I don't know why, TQ dropped a CLASSIC record some years ago, and that alone should have everyone checking for him now that he's back. It seems to me that those years in Cash Money really fucked up his reputation.

Even tho I was not feeling "Right on" that much, and that I have the feeling the album is gonna deceive me... I ordered it today. I said I wouldnt, but I did. I am still checking for that guy who dropped some gems like "Your sister", "The comeback", "Bye bye baby", "Remembermelinda", "Gotta make that money"... damn, the whole album. And "The second coming" had a few bombs too.

I'm afraid this album won't be the same. I'm afraid it won't have great production and will sound cheap. But I'mma give it a try, no doubt. I hope it surprises me. I know TQ still got it, he's got to find some way to put out a CD with dope producers and new shit, and no rushed shit or shit from that Gemini project.

Cop that CD, support TQ.

If you already did, talk about it GODDAMMIT!!

allfromtheIE

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 11:41:25 AM »
yeah, i got it last week.  I only listened to it once.  Its ight, not as good as his last one.  Ill give it a few more spins then ill have a true feeling on the album
IE

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 02:03:27 AM »
I'll wait to order it until I've read a few reviews from it.
I still find it stupid that he only released it in the US...

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 02:24:09 AM »
The album is released on an underground label. Why do artists do that? Because they usually pay a lot more than bigger record companies. For example, Bizzy Bone got a deal for $4 a cd. Layzie Bone and Krayzie Bone did the same.

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 03:48:41 PM »
I'll prolly get it this weekend. Ima definitely support my man TQ.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004, 04:24:40 AM »
i got it....it's a pretty dope album....i gotta say, with 213 and TQ droppin it's two dope west coast releases in a row.....