Author Topic: How Come...  (Read 1155 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: How Come...
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2004, 04:48:13 PM »
Seeing each team score every other second in handball

I don't think there's a pro handball league in the US... ::)

Jome

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2004, 05:47:54 PM »

I didn't it say it neither.

The point is, that seeing each team score every other second, isn't all that exciting.
I'd rather see some great play/performances than non-stop goals galore..

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2004, 03:04:22 PM »

I didn't it say it neither.

The point is, that seeing each team score every other second, isn't all that exciting.
I'd rather see some great play/performances than non-stop goals galore..

we are different like that... just accept it. Honestly, I never see American's starting shit like, why don't Europeans don't like American football, how can they like soccer. To each their own. You do you, I do me, and forget about the sports difference. It's a whole 'nother culture homie. We can leave it to that.

Jome

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2004, 04:05:29 PM »
we are different like that... just accept it. Honestly, I never see American's starting shit like, why don't Europeans don't like American football, how can they like soccer. To each their own. You do you, I do me, and forget about the sports difference. It's a whole 'nother culture homie. We can leave it to that.

It's not like it's Europeans who are the worst in so case, most of them basically don't give a shit if U.S. likes Soccer or not.

It's just the way some Americans denounce everything they don't like or don't know about.
Also, Americans "We are superior", "We owns", "Americans obviously have the superior sports, the rest of the world sucks and doesn't know better" attitude that seems to piss people off, this same attitude is also shown in politics and other issues as well..

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2004, 10:52:39 PM »

It's not like it's Europeans who are the worst in so case, most of them basically don't give a shit if U.S. likes Soccer or not.

It's just the way some Americans denounce everything they don't like or don't know about.
Also, Americans "We are superior", "We owns", "Americans obviously have the superior sports, the rest of the world sucks and doesn't know better" attitude that seems to piss people off, this same attitude is also shown in politics and other issues as well..

so there are some Americans that are assholes, and some Europeans that are assholes, and some Africans, and some Asians, and so you point out our assholes, and start threats like this because you don't like our assholes. I have never seen a soccer threat where a person from the U.S. goes in, and says soccer sucks. But let us start a threat about American Football, and the Europeans are like, how can you like that. Then we respond back. It's our sport that people here enjoy. That's like us always insulting soccer, and making threads about it. You like soccer, that's fine, no one is talking shit on you for liking soccer. American Football season has started, I enjoying watching every Raider game, and if there is something I'd like to make a thread about, I would like to do it without Europeans dissing the game that I played for 6 years in Jr High and High School. I played it, enjoyed it, love watching my Raider games, to say the least for 16 weeks, my Sundays are off limits. If you get mad because we ignore your soccer post, don't get mad. We don't denounce soccer, we just don't like watching soccer games. We have MLS, which is a piss poor excuse of a soccer league, but it's ours, and in LA you can see thousands of Mexicans in Carson to watch the games. No one issults them, these are people wanting to enjoy a soccer game. With the World Cup, no one talks shit on soccer, we just hope our team wins. But on Sundays, we watch NFL, in summer, we watch baseball, and in late winter, early spring, the NBA is on most everybodies TV set. We like it that way, we don't like people dissing our sports. We don't diss soccer, we don't even get mad when our soccer team loses the same way we do basketball, so why should the soccer thing offend you. Hell, baseball is our national passtime, if any sport was to be the offical sport of the United States, it's baseball. And you know what, this years gold medal was won by our hated enemy, Cuba, and no one said much of anything. We didn't even qualify for the Oympics. In 2000, we were shocked and proud to win a gold medal in baseball, which is our sport. Basketball is not something we are use to losing in. If that's what you are getting your panties in a bunch for, just let it go. Americans, we like to win, it's our capitalist nature. But that's no need to diss our sports. We don't diss yours, don't diss ours.

Jome

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2004, 11:33:49 PM »
I didn't diss none of your sports.
It's all good, don't trip;D