Author Topic: Queen  (Read 206 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Queen
« on: September 12, 2004, 02:52:21 AM »
I love this great band, wanted to post the names of my favorite tracks. I just felt like sharing my taste in classic rock bands such as Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, Leppelin, etc. Check out my other posts.

Here are my favorite tracks:

1. Jealousy - This is one of my favorites. Incredible singing here, Mercury showcases why he was the best
2. The Show Must go on - The song i've listened to the most. CRAZY melody, one of my all time favorite songs
3. These are the Days of our Lives - This song sounds 80'ish, but its still really tight.
4. I'm Going Slightly Mad - Crazy melody, haunting track. This came out literally a couple months before his demise.
5. Innuendo - This track is massively under-rated. Incredible melodies, great lyrics
6. Killer Queen - Cool track, not one of the absolute best, but its still very much listenable
7. Sail Away - This track isn't all that, but i love the melody.
8. Scandal - Sounds a little too 80's, but its still great. Grrrrrrrreat singing here.
9. Somebody to Love - Great jam, too bad it sounds like a Beatles song, especially the piano.
10. Bohemian Rhapsody - i'm sure everyone has heard this. Its an all time classic, and there's lots of reasons why.
11. Play the Game - This is a cool song, not an essential track, but its tight.
12. Save Me - SOunds like "Play the game", but its better.
13. We are the Champions - VERY famous track, and its really awesome. Everyone should hear this
14. Who wants to live forever - I love listenin to this track in the dark when i'm by myself, its just very crazy

Aiiight, now post anything i've missed and things that REALLY belong on this list
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

Re: Queen
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 03:03:31 AM »
Well , have can you NOT have Love of my life and 39 on there ?
I`m a huge Queen fan myself , and Freddie Mercury was truly the best , period !

The entire A night at the opera is crazy ( youre my best friend , love of my life , bohemian rhapsody , 39 , seaside rendezvous etc ) , Queen 2 is also one of my favourite records ( along with Innuendo ) . Also check out the Freddie Mercury / Monsterat Cabbale album : Barcelona , it will give you chills ! Such a beautifull album , packed with great singing/harmonies/orchestration .

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 03:18:17 AM »

Also , hehe , you got to check out the Mr.Bad guy solo record by Freddie Mercury ( feautures one of the most funky Freddie records I have ever heard : Living on my own !!!! <- dopeness )

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 03:41:08 AM »
Glad to see another queen fan on here! I have the "barcelona" song, but not the soundtrack. I don't dig it too much to tell u the truth. 39 is a great song, i forgot about it. I don't have any full LP's by queen to be honest, just random tracks. I'll check the shit out, thanks for your response!
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2004, 04:32:38 AM »
i fuckin LOVE QUEEN... i like a lot of their shit.. a couple of those songs i dont have.. so ima dl.. btw props on those lists im gonna dl all that shit...

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2004, 04:52:16 AM »
Never liked Queen

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2004, 07:50:02 AM »
never liked queen alot either, but i ain't hatin. but i'm into the other bands u posted waaay more (except metallica, they aight, but i never got into them either)

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2004, 05:19:47 PM »
great band, I dont listen to much but when I do Im always listenin to Under Pressure  8)

Montana00

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2004, 05:24:29 PM »
i got their greatest hits cd.

Im not saying im a huge fan of their music, but i do enjoy listening to their hits.

bohemian rhapsody has got to be my fav.

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Cant spell the West wit out the ES
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2004, 08:02:13 PM »
queen OWNS the world

RIP Rob

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2004, 08:12:53 PM »
Queen is a good band, I'm really into that song w/Bowie, Under Pressure.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2004, 07:41:37 PM »
Queen is fucking ill as hell...Too bad Freddy was a faggot and got aids.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2004, 07:52:07 PM »
Queen is fucking ill as hell...Too bad Freddy was a faggot and got aids.

Yeah that's a shame.

Does anyone know if it's true the song Under Pressure was about a homosexual affair between Freddie and David Bowie? Someone told me that and I don't listen to that song as much as I used to.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2004, 07:59:21 PM »

bohemian rhapsody has got to be my fav.

its easily mine,  even better because of that scene in Wayne's World
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

mauzip

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2004, 12:49:36 AM »
Queen is the only band I have bought an album of... Freddie Mercury possibly had the greatest voice ever.