Author Topic: Peter Frampton Concert Review  (Read 143 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Peter Frampton Concert Review
« on: September 12, 2004, 08:11:00 PM »
It was overall, a fucking GREAT TIME. No opening act, started right with him. He started off with one of his new songs I didn't recognize, then he moved into Lines On My Face. It was incredible. He was joking around a lot. During the song All I Want To Be, he changed the lyrics from "I don't care, I'll cut my hair" to "I don't care,  I already lost my hair" because he's bald now. ;D He played all the classics, like Show Me The Way and Baby I Love Your Way. He led a 15+ minute version of Do You Feel Like We Do and finished the night with an incredible version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Overall it was incredible and I hope to go again next time he swings through.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Peter Frampton Concert Review
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 08:12:19 PM »
sounds fun... a lot of stoners there?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 08:13:35 PM »
sounds fun... a lot of stoners there?

Nope, I went with my Dad and the majority was around his age.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 08:55:35 PM »
Sounds fun, I always like it when the guys aren't afraid to poke fun at themselves and don't take everything seriously.  IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC, MANNNNN

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2004, 09:05:59 PM »
Sounds fun, I always like it when the guys aren't afraid to poke fun at themselves and don't take everything seriously.  IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC, MANNNNN

Yeah I agree.

Paris

davida.b.

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2004, 09:37:44 PM »
sounds like fun

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 02:53:01 PM »
i could've told you, you were going to have an amazing time...i only usually go to rock shows, rap shows just annoy me...peter frampton is one of the all time greats live, someone i'd defianately love to see, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004, 09:46:29 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot. He did a little tribute to 9/11, and had this to say on the Iraq War:

"I'd just like to say, we've got troops in Iraq right now, and whether or not you believe they should be there or not....they need our support."

I liked how he's not jumping on the Partisan (aka Anti-Bush) bandwagon which is currently plaguing music. He just states his opinion, not whether the war is right or wrong, just show support for the troops. Lots are living a nightmare they want nothing to do with.

Just thought that was a notable part.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 07:10:04 AM »
Actually, he did show his opinion.  If he was against the war, you can bet your ass he would have said so.  ... basically showing any support for the troops, unfortunately, can be counted as a check mark in the 'I'm voting for Bush!" category.