Author Topic: West Coast Recording School???  (Read 201 times)

McNugget

• Lil Geezy
West Coast Recording School???
« on: October 19, 2004, 09:40:45 AM »
I'm thinking about heading over to the west coast and checking out the Recording Program at the Musician's Institute in LA...Is anyone here there or know anything about the school?

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Re: West Coast Recording School???
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 06:26:01 PM »
sounds like the IDA (Institute of Disposable Arts)
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 06:43:51 PM »
I'm thinking about heading over to the west coast and checking out the Recording Program at the Musician's Institute in LA...Is anyone here there or know anything about the school?

Good luck to you man. I'm wanna do the same thing probably next feb or march. I already have a career, but its something that i'm gonna regret if I never look into. Let me know if you find out any info. Peace

ecrazy

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 10:11:42 PM »
Recording Arts Aint for everyone.....Its Very Competetive and @ my School (Citrus College) very hard to be in. I took Electronic Music and thought i had the hang of it, but it was only the beginning.....And only a certain number of people could get into the block program of only 75 (and if you got into the program, you had your music and your recording skills tested by the industry's elite).....but yea, very competetive, my professor said something like only 5 per semester make it a career, and some of them dont last long in it.....but if you got the drive, go for it....GOOD Luck To You