Author Topic: anybody listen to french rap?  (Read 340 times)

Suga Foot

Re: anybody listen to french rap?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2004, 05:04:38 PM »
I am, son of sam from the royal fam,
never ate ham
never gave a damn

I remember that liine from a video they used to play on much music back in like 95

anto

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2004, 05:11:11 AM »
Manau are fucking wack mcs. lol. i'm french. you should listen to better rapper guys: fabe, ideal j (le combat continue: the best french rap album), lunatic, ministere amer, tandem, l'skadrille,flynt,... but please don't speak anymore about manau, lord kossity or alliance ethnic! they are really wack. it's like vanilla ice for us rap!!! lol

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2004, 05:13:49 AM »
Manau are fucking wack mcs. lol. i'm french. you should listen to better rapper guys: fabe, ideal j (le combat continue: the best french rap album), lunatic, ministere amer, tandem, l'skadrille,flynt,... but please don't speak anymore about manau, lord kossity or alliance ethnic! they are really wack. it's like vanilla ice for us rap!!! lol

i did have the impression their lyrics are technically simple, but i think the content is interesting and very nice for a change. but yeah, i can't really judge. but musically they are hella dope...u don't listen to Doggystyle for the lyrics either and it's an amazing album

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2004, 10:13:17 AM »
ah we wee!!!!!!!!!!!
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2004, 02:07:47 PM »
french rap...you mean faggat rap...hell no im not listening to that shit  :pimp:

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2004, 02:53:41 PM »
french rap...you mean faggat rap...

yeah, that's a synonym...glad at least sumbody is too cool and heterosexual for that

mauzip

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2004, 04:36:57 PM »
i don't like it.. it just doesn't sound right to me... la tribute de dana is a good song though :) the video used to have subtitles back when it was a hit LOL

btw... iam also did a song with redman and mr. meth

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2004, 04:44:25 PM »
btw... iam also did a song with redman and mr. meth

yup, "Noble Art" was prolly one of the commercially most successful songs in the history of french rap

surprised this got so many replies btw

davida.b.

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2004, 06:34:42 PM »
I know about MC Solaar, NTM, Supa Sain Crew, and IAM, but thats about it. I think they're dope.

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2004, 02:37:02 AM »
And.... I know Bassi Maestro and Club Dogo, from Italy, it's funny as fuck to hear him rhyme when you don't understand anything of what he says :D

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2004, 04:03:30 AM »
And.... I know Bassi Maestro and Club Dogo, from Italy, it's funny as fuck to hear him rhyme when you don't understand anything of what he says :D

Italian hiphop ain't as professional and innovative as french when it comes to production, but Bassi Maestro is sum of the best u can get. The lyrics ain't mind-blowing, but pretty good

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2004, 04:09:40 AM »

If you're not into Lord Kossity is because you aint into Dancehall cause he's everything but wack, and I could care less about how french you are. Being french does not make you have a better taste in music.

And Alliance Ethnik is funky, period.