Author Topic: anybody heard the new dizzee rascal?  (Read 622 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: anybody heard the new dizzee rascal?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2004, 10:50:36 AM »
nah i jus dont classify him as a rapper...he still makes a fair few bangers...he more garage than hip hop....

oh kill if u like dizzee..i suggest u peep some wiley or shystie..they all got similar styles...

yeah, i'ma get wiley's album soon, and i might d/l some shystie, thanx for the recommendation...and yeah, 50 is quite close to garage, but with very clear hiphop influences...i guess it's what they call "grime" now

Left Coast

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2004, 02:27:24 PM »

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2004, 02:28:52 PM »

Billy Bollocks

• banned
  • Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2004, 06:37:43 AM »
Absolute shit.

But to the lad with Franz Ferdinand and The Libertines in his sig, good call.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2004, 08:11:05 AM »
so.. what is the eskimo dance   :cow: ?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2004, 10:05:43 AM »

all i can tell you is that the music style dizzee has, which evolved from hiphop and garage and breakbeat stuff basically, is sometimes called "eski-beat" even tho the more popular term is "grime". i don't really know about "eskimo dance" tho

Throwback

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2004, 10:48:40 AM »
the eskimo dance has something to do with wiley. on the site of his record label is a interview an interview on the eskimo dance.. but the link is down. he mentions it alot in his songs aswell. i think its another name for eski-beat.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2004, 12:20:26 PM »

all i can tell you is that the music style dizzee has, which evolved from hiphop and garage and breakbeat stuff basically, is sometimes called "eski-beat" even tho the more popular term is "grime". i don't really know about "eskimo dance" tho

I thought Wiley created the term eski-beat. Dizzee got the publicity from it though as him and wiley were in roll deep together and dizee's album dropped first. Wiley and Dizzee have fallen out now though, there is a track about it on Wileys album. I might be wrong but i thought thats how it was.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2004, 01:06:27 PM »

I thought Wiley created the term eski-beat. Dizzee got the publicity from it though as him and wiley were in roll deep together and dizee's album dropped first. Wiley and Dizzee have fallen out now though, there is a track about it on Wileys album. I might be wrong but i thought thats how it was.

yeah, that's possible. I didn't say dizzee created it and in his case the term i've heard more is "grime"...so well yeah, "eski-beat" might come from Wiley