Author Topic: Do online petitions ever actually work or is it a waste of our time?  (Read 216 times)

Sikotic™

Just wonderin', have there ever been any successes with online petitions?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Do online petitions ever actually work or is it a waste of our time?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 06:38:27 PM »
i doubt it..

Montana00

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

DAYUM

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 08:12:39 PM »
Total waste of your time.  Think about it: You make a decision, say... for instance... to not have Warren G produce the 213 album.

Somebody emails you a petition, that 1000 kids have signed, saying they want Warren to produce it.

You'd just delete the shit, you wouldn't change anything, you'd have no reason to.  They're not even threatening or anything, you can make the whole dissenting opinion expressed in the 'petition' go away with the click of a mouse button.  At least with protests and shit there's people causing hell and getting in the way and making noise and shit, and THOSE don't even work. 

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 01:57:00 AM »
Well if anything, they can definitely bring some attention.

I didn't know what "petition online" was until our teacher in class told us to go and look at the petition that some of my college's alumni put on there trying to get the president of the school fired. It had some thousands of signatures on it, and even though the petition itself may not have caused any direct action, it definitely brought a lot of attention to the situation and shed light on what the president was doing wrong.

But it was kinda funny..somebody signed the petition and put their name as "Love Collins" and Love Collins is one of the school Vice Presidents, so when people saw it, they all thought he really signed it until he was interviewed in the school paper saying that somebody else put his name on there.

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 02:39:45 AM »
http://www.petitiononline.com/BAMMO49/petition_response.html

http://www.petitiononline.com/CNN1214/petition_response.html

In the long run, I'd bet they may bring attention to subjects, but not really make any actual changes.

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2004, 10:24:19 AM »
i doubt it..

i doubt it..

i doubt it..

i doubt it..

Total waste of your time.  Think about it: You make a decision, say... for instance... to not have Warren G produce the 213 album.

Somebody emails you a petition, that 1000 kids have signed, saying they want Warren to produce it.

You'd just delete the shit, you wouldn't change anything, you'd have no reason to.  They're not even threatening or anything, you can make the whole dissenting opinion expressed in the 'petition' go away with the click of a mouse button.  At least with protests and shit there's people causing hell and getting in the way and making noise and shit, and THOSE don't even work. 

http://www.213music.net/  :P

pappy

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2004, 10:31:16 AM »
  At least with protests and shit there's people causing hell and getting in the way and making noise and shit, and THOSE don't even work. 

actually once in a blue moon it does do something.  In 1979 ny giants fans protested outside of a game once,  an even had a plane fly over the stadium sayin where tired of 15 lousy years of football.  After NFL made the giants change the way they ran there organization.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2004, 10:32:38 AM »
lol... i know englewood.. funny shit aint it... i guess u should be proud.. if it took that for him to realize.. well.. w/e... hopefully its heat

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2004, 02:04:56 PM »
That's dope that Wartren's gonna do some production. So I guess they do work every once in awhile.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2004, 02:33:13 AM »
It's better than nuthin'  8)

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2004, 04:11:41 AM »
yeah, props to engelwood 8)

Smooth

"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0