Author Topic: Latest shit you copped + feedback.  (Read 141 times)

DJ_Jay_Deee

Latest shit you copped + feedback.
« on: September 25, 2004, 09:46:44 PM »
Diamond D - Stunts, Blunts & Hip on vinyl.
OG Pressing excellent condition. Had this on a burnt cd for years but found this rare gem in a dodgy vinyl store in an alley way. Peeps should know how dope this is anyway. Untouchable production.

Skinnyman - Council state of Mind.
English hip hop at its best. After picking up the 12 i had to get the album. Fucking crazy. He spits the truth and brings reality onto wax. US heads who sleep on hip hop overseas should pick this up.

Arsonists - Date of Birth.
Wasn't really impressed by this release. Picked it up for cheap.A couple of bangers eg. Language Arts. Q-nique comes correct.

Art of war- The First Chapter.
Australian hip hop release. Raw as fuck,in ya face rhymes. Good job on the production. All 3 MC's prove themslves well. Some ill concept songs. The Hired goons track is well executed, Tornts kills it "I'll jump on ya toes and use ya head as a speedball''.

Older joint that i can't stop playing: Lord Finese - Yes you may (remix). Big L & Finesse,Nuff said.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Latest shit you copped + feedback.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 05:44:23 AM »
Rick James - Street Songs
Never had this in my collection, definitely a classic

Sabac - Sabacolypse
got me an OG a few days ago. really a dope album, i like it better than anything Non-Phixion related includin Necro, except "The Future Is Now"...the revolutionary talk ain't all new, but i think bac is more interesting to listen to than Bill. Necro's production is good as always

Sly & The Family Stone - There's A Riot Goin On
classic funk album, has some incredible songs on it..."Poet", "Africa Talks To You", "Time"...all impressive compositions

Max Romeo & The Upsetters - War Ina Babylon
Old reggae album. To most reggae stuff sounds kinda similar, but it's really good music to lay back to and enjoy. The song "I Chase The Devil" is a well-known classic, Kanye sampled this for Jay-Z's "Lucifer"

also, i've been downloadin a lot, cuz i got a new notebook with alot of space on it...my latest achievement is i got me the original 1993 Wu-Tang Clan demotape...eight tracks, quality is shitty, but they're pretty dope actually

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 06:00:26 AM »
^ that lucifer song was also sampled in "mellow Trax - outer space".. pretty dope techno track

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 07:22:53 AM »
^ that lucifer song was also sampled in "mellow Trax - outer space".. pretty dope techno track

yeah, he says "i'ma send him to outer space" there too...never heard that other track tho, and i'm not really into techno