Author Topic: A band i'm really gettin into...  (Read 557 times)

Trauma-san

Re: A band i'm really gettin into...
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2004, 05:52:44 PM »
I don't understand why people don't like the newer stuff, to me, it sounds just as good as their older stuff.  Maybe "Underneath It All" is too soft for yall, but they had "Don't Speak" on their first album.  To me, they're pretty consistantly quality.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2004, 07:11:39 PM »
Yes, Gwen is hot. They're music ain't bad either, I just never really got into it.
pretty much how i feel

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2004, 07:19:29 PM »
dont hate on me or anything, but

i dont like their music.

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2004, 08:48:51 PM »
To each his own

eS El Duque

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2004, 09:00:30 PM »
i like em..especially her ;D

i have a lot of their music

ecrazy

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2004, 12:55:43 AM »
I Remember Stayin up one night with my sister to watch ARE OH VEE (this is a westcoast orange county underground video show, it was very big down here in so. cali), well anyways, i saw their video for "Trapped in a box" and i was instantly in love with her, i had to get that album...I had the Tape "No Doubt" then i got "Tragic Kingdom", but I Never got any other album, My sister got "Return Of Saturn" but i really didnt like it cuz of the popish first single, it didnt sound like No doubt to me, but then i heard "Bathwater" and i was like "theres the No Doubt ive known to love"...i dont own any of the new stuff, but im sure its pretty good...but yea, No Doubt Is definetly up there with my favorite bands of all time

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2004, 05:53:50 AM »
I don't understand why people don't like the newer stuff, to me, it sounds just as good as their older stuff.  Maybe "Underneath It All" is too soft for yall, but they had "Don't Speak" on their first album.  To me, they're pretty consistantly quality.

Well, they kind of got away from their original ska sound and they've become poppier which is prolly the reason some people don't like them as much anymore. But I agree, it's all quality material, the new stuff too. Btw, "Tragic Kingdom" wasn't their first album, just the one that made them famous. The discography (albums) goes:

No Doubt
Beacon Street Collection (the one in the middle of the bottom row in my sig)
Tragic Kingdom
Return Of Saturn
Rock Steady

bez

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2004, 06:53:50 AM »
I used to love em when I as younger.

Don't speak and all that shit.  I always thought Gwen was hot too, althought she can look nasty at times though.

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2004, 10:30:23 AM »
i went to a no dout show one time, it was all little girls and gay guys. there was alot of weed tho, i had a good time

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2004, 12:50:05 PM »
I like the reggae touch on some of their songs.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2004, 12:13:42 PM »
i was going out with a girl that was OBESSESSED with them and that's how i got into them, they're like one of those 80's throwback bands that were actually good, i dunno you have to be in a chipper mood to get into their groove, but yeah they're an awesome band. saw em live and they were great too

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2004, 02:26:21 AM »
They cool. One of those bands that if their music is played on the radio or TV I like it (at least I've enjoyed their stuff so far) and won't turn it off, but I don't care for them enough to get their album.

Trauma-san

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2004, 06:39:01 PM »
I saw them live as well, Jake... they were kick-ass.  Gwen wanted to get married, but I was like "Nawww"

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2004, 06:33:55 AM »
yeah, i'd def go see em live if i got the chance to, even tho i'd prolly have to get along with some teenie boppers lol. but i got the feeling they're capable of doing a dope show, plus they got a very nice repertoire of great material

Trauma-san

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2004, 06:47:23 AM »
Gwen Stefani Groupie, I forgot to mention a good song for you. 

In about 99? Gwen did a song with the Brian Setzer Orchestra, it's called "You're the Boss".  REALLY good, download it, it's swing music, she sounds awesome on it.  It was on their "Dirty Boogie" album.