Author Topic: new bizzy bone interview....has this been posted before???  (Read 79 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
new bizzy bone interview....has this been posted before???
« on: October 14, 2004, 04:44:58 PM »
his is the interview that will appear in the "Glasseye" in Toledo, Ohio.

One on one with the “ Midwest cowboy”

He was kidnapped at the age of four and was missing for almost a year, then John Walsh showed his picture on America’s most Wanted and he was soon rescued. He moved from Columbus to Cleveland, Ohio where he met Anthony, Steve, Charles, and Stanley. After a one way bus ticket to the late Eazy-E they would soon be known to the world as Bone thugs n’ Harmony. Bizzy along with Bone thugs have sold close to forty million records, a Grammy award, and introduced hip-hop to a new style that would soon be duplicated by many artist today. Bizzy Bone has already released two solo albums and is preparing to release his long awaited third solo album “Alpha and Omega” on October 19th. Arguably, one of the most underrated artist in hip-hop today, Bizzy plans to take all challengers with “Alpha and omega.” Bizzy took time off of his hectic schedule to sit down and do an interview with me to answer a lot of questions concerning his relationship with Bone, about “Alpha and Omega,” and Bizzy himself.

GE: Your new album, “Alpha and Omega” drops the October 19th, how does this album different form your two previous solo albums and the Bone albums?

BB: It’s me, it’s my thoughts, my feelings, my studies, it’s truly me. This album is one everyone and myself knew that I could do. With Bone it seemed like it was just about flipping the tongue and I want to try new things, I have newer vocabulary, different styles, and I am growing as an artist.

GE: Are Lil’ Jon and Trillville on the album with some remixes?

BB: Yeah, Trllville is one the album with a remix of the single “I Understand.” I’m usually not about making club tracks, but remember it is a business and they approached me about it so I went with it.

GE: You and Tupac did Three songs together and you were pretty close with him, how did he affect your life before he passed away?

BB: Pac was that best friend that you had, he was that best friend that you always wanted, he was someone who you knew would always be there for you. He inspired me though his work ethic, with Pac is ain’t going to the studio and just doing one song then start drinking and smoking, he would bang out song after song. I’m not about smoking and drinking anymore so right now I am into my music more then I ever have been.

GE: Another legend you worked with was Rick James before he passes away, you did a song with Rick and his daughter, what was it like to work with Rick and when can we expect to hear the track?

BB: It was actually just with his daughter, but Rick went back and redid all of his vocals for us because he didn’t want us to use his samples, he wanted everything to be perfect. There were a lot of talks of doing a lot of big things with this song, but after the tragedy I just don’t feel right doing something it, it was a gift itself just to have Rick’s blessing to be able to make the song.

GE: You’ve worked with all of the greats, Tupac, Biggie, and Eazy-E, and more recently you’ve worked with P.Diddy, Lil’ Flip, Jim Jones, Hi-Five and Paul Wall just name a few. Who is out there that you still want to work with?

BB: I would love to work with Terrance Trent D’Arby but he’s over sees right now. Let me see here who do I want to work with?

GE: What about talks of wanting to work with Alicia Keys and Nas?

BB: Oh, I would definitely Love to work with Alicia Keys, I would love to work with her. With Nas he’s all about his Brave hearts right now, we had talks of doing a duet album, but he’s focusing on his Brave Hearts right now.

GE: You said in an interview that you battled Jay-Z in Atlantic City back in 92 and he just paid you and didn’t even spit back. Can you shed some more light on this?

BB: That’s exactly what happened right there. I came at him with this new style and he was just like man, I don’t even want to rap back, so he just paid me and went his way.

GE: Would you battle him today?

BB: Hell naw man!! I don’t battle nobody, nobody wants to battle Bizzy Bone!! ****, I was like 16, 17 when I battled him then, just think what I could do to him today. Since then I’ve dropped classics, I got on classics with Pac, did a classic with Biggie, and I know these mutha****as heard the **** I just did with Jim Jones.

GE: Everyone I played that track for about **** their pants when they heard your verse.

BB: Exactly!! They just don’t want to mention my name when they speak of the greats, when they hear about me they always go oh, whats up with the group? They just think I’m all about flippen the tongue, that’s what Twista’s known for because that whats he’s all about, now everybody’s stealing that style, it’s like this, how you gonna challenge Michael Jackson to a dance off and use his own dance moves on him? You just can’t.

GE: Speaking of Twista, how do you feel about the mainstream success he’s had?

BB: I’m so happy for him, he can feed his children and his family, I’m really happy for him. People forget that what this business is all about, being to provide for our family’s.

GE: Do you Guys still have beef?

BB: NO, no beef between us. Everybody was just blowing that **** up , people were like you should go battle him, then next thing you know my own boys are doing songs with people like triple six mafia who we supposly had beef with. We were just young back then .

GE: You own your own label, 7th sign records, how does an artist get on your label?

BB: Right now, were really focusing on us, we just started 7th Sign films, people are going to betting a free DVD with the album trying to make sure they get their bang for their buck. But, my brother was just murdered and I don’t know who I can trust now. As far as the label goes, I’ll take the shirt off my back for these cats, it’s all 50/50 right down the middle.

GE: What was it like for to go from hustling on the streets of Cleveland to all of sudden getting signed to Ruthless and start making some serious money?

BB: When you come somewhere with a quarter in your pocket and you leave with $5.00 of course your gonna change one way or another. But when you only get $5.00 when your suppose to get $500 then there’s gonna be some problems. When I wasn’t getting my money I was like look, we’ve sold over 30 million records multiply that by about $14.99 then tell me where’s all the money? That’s why they say I was causing problems just because I wasn’t afraid to speak up. You know my brothers Bone Thugs, they put me out of contract in like what 2001 then I did Thug World Order with them and wasn’t under contract. Then on the Grey Goose Tour they kicked me out again for “passing out on stage” then try getting back at me by cutting my verse off the single with Phil Collins on Home. There were like we got Phil Collins we don’t need Bizzy, we have our crossroads, were gonna blow up, look what happened to the song, what happened to the album?

GE: (about to speak)

BB: You don’t even to say it, we all know what happened to the album.

GE: What are your thoughts on the presidential election?

BB: As far as I am concerned, remember the Republicans freed the slaves. If your wondering who I am going to vote for, I don’t know I don’t like the fact of voting somebody in or somebody out when there just gonna do the same thing they did before or the president before them did. Everybody seems to be just going with the masses, there just going with everyone else and not their own personal beliefs. Everybody’s mad at the president or doesn’t like Kerry just because everyone else around them does not because of the issues. People need to learn about the issues and see what benefits them not everyone else. I was just like everyone I watched the debate, and it seems like their only concentrating on certain issues and there not touching the ones that need to be touched.

GE: What’s another crazy story that has happened to you in the industry?

BB: There’s so many, so much ****’s happened to me in the industry, the craziest story is probably this, somebody owes you a million dollars and there still able to look you in the eye like they don’t owe you anything.

GE: I’m going to give you a name and you give me the first thing that comes to your mind:

Dr. Dre? BB: producer
GE: Lil’ Jon? BB: crunk man
GE: Diplomats? BB: Jim Jones
GE: Eminem? BB: rapper
GE: Nas? BB: rapper
GE: Flip? BB: rapper
GE: Bone thugs n’ harmony? BB: rappers

GE: If your curious of Bizzy’s current realtionship with Bone thugs n’ harmony, here’s a little story Bizzy told me to help everyone understand.

A guy was out at a club drinking then comes home to his women, remind you she has bourbon on her breath, she calls him a drunk and kicks him out, doesn’t let him take his clothes just has to go as he is. The guy goes and cleans himself up and gets **** together, and he’s out at the single’s club and all the girls are trying to get with him, then that same old girl friend comes back and says get away from him, he’s my man, we never broke up. So this same old girlfriend just keeps kicking him out and always just using the excuse come back home I was drunk I was just messing around. And that is how Bizzy himself tells the Bone drama.

Remember Bizzy Bone’s “Alpha and Omega” hits stores October 19th .
For more information on Bizzy Bone check out www.7thsign-img.com and www.bizzybonemusic.com

Doggystylin

Re: new bizzy bone interview....has this been posted before???
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 06:29:53 PM »
i hate to say it but bizzy is a moron, i love his music but dude has just lost his mind

DAYUM

Re: new bizzy bone interview....has this been posted before???
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 09:11:17 PM »
props 8)