Poll

what you think about it?

dope as fuck, amazing, classic
1 (6.3%)
pretty good
6 (37.5%)
not bad (might grow on me some more)
3 (18.8%)
didn't really feel it (might grow on me some more)
3 (18.8%)
didn't really feel it and I don't think I ever will
3 (18.8%)
pure wackness
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Mos Def - The New Danger (poll)  (Read 240 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Mos Def - The New Danger (poll)
« on: October 12, 2004, 03:54:08 PM »
well, i just had to cop this shit today right when it came out. I was actually feelin most of the album and i like the blues and rock influence on some tracks...i'm glad mos brings some creativity to the game and IMO this is not only creative but overall dope music. Not all tracks are equally good, but the majority of them are tight. anyways, this is my opinion and i guess since this album is not very conventional not everybody will feel the same. so drop your opinions

oh yeah, New Danger >> Beautiful Struggle

peace
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 03:55:39 PM by A Gwen Stefani groupie named Kill »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Mos Def - The New Danger (poll)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 09:09:03 PM »
Is it out in stores now? I thought it was a couple weeks from now.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 06:28:56 AM »

i copped it in a store yesterday so yes, it is

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 06:55:10 AM »
i voted not bad...its just too all over the place for my liking...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Throwback

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 08:07:48 AM »
pretty good.

Merciless

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 09:06:55 AM »
I voted pretty good. But i'd say its just in between pretty good and dope as fuck.

Agree wit him bringin something new though. Good to see a rap album with some originality.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 11:03:18 AM »

I'm going to pick it up this weekend then, thanks for letting me know.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 02:08:28 PM »
I downloaded a few tracks from it earlier that we're ok, I'll prolly buy it this weekend though

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 02:56:06 PM »
Voted: didn't really feel it and I don't think I ever will
but I think I'm being nice.  This album is a mess, I don't know what he was thinking when he put it together.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 08:19:29 PM »
as soon as I read that it came out yesterday...a week early I went out and got it, havent listened yet :(

-KIDRENEGADE-

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2004, 12:40:05 AM »

I'm going to pick it up this weekend then, thanks for letting me know.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 04:41:20 AM »
hmm.. horrible. dont see how you can honestly claim new danger being better than beautiful struggle.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2004, 05:40:46 AM »
hmm.. horrible. dont see how you can honestly claim new danger being better than beautiful struggle.

beautiful struggle tbh bored me a bit. It's not bad at any point, but there's a lot of stuff that is just too...average, Talib rips it on most tracks, but most songs just didn't seem to be too inspired, a lot of the production is just ok, no surprises, nothing that stands out..."Back Up Offa Me" is a good example, i find the production boring, the rapping is good, but i rather listen to talib's first, the blackstar or the reflection eternal to hear him...i admit it's pretty difficult to analyze why, but i never really feel the urge to listen to that record....

now why is New Danger horrible?