Author Topic: if lil wytes album isnt better than encore...  (Read 486 times)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
Re: if lil wytes album isnt better than encore...
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2004, 11:18:18 AM »
you know why its so easy to prove that eminems production is garbage? because all of his beats sound exactly the same. he never changes up his drums, and he always keeps the same dark sound present in every one of them. i never thought anyone would surpass swizz beats in the bad beat-making department. eminem passed with flying colors. if you know anything about layers, drums, melodies, tempo, etc, then you know that eminem is THE worst producer in hiphop, EVER. replay value is objective. i'd let the people decide, but i know they aint even going to listen to wytes album anyway. eminem could come with a half-assed album, and just because of his (amazing ::)) forced flow and multis they'd eat it up. when people defend a song like just lose it, you know theres something wrong.

oh, and, just for the record, the man behind the boards is the backbone of rap. without dj's or producers there would be nothing for mc's to spit over. so in a traditional sense, beats are more important than rhymes.(and that is something you can't prove wrong, cause kool herc was the first) 8)

Just cause the dj was first doesn't his part of rap music is more important. Without all it's elements HipHop wouldn't be hiphop. It's not for nothing the emcee soon took the main limelight from the dj, he's who made hiphop so big. I'm not saying he's more imortant, just mentioning that fact opposed to the fact you mentioned about the dj being first. None of em is more important than the other.

As for Em's beats, I like some of em, and he might often use the same drums but not always and melodies ? how is Moment Of Clarity even similar to Solider.. anyway, he's not the only producer on his album and Dre who's one of the very best will porduce on it too so how could you know who's production's gonna be better?

Replay value is not objective at all, I told you why not. Since you think it is, you should be able to come up with the reason why it is so please do that..

thats not true at all...look at all the songs that get play right now...they all have good beats(besides the one i mentioned above), and only maybe 2 of them have good lyricism(breathe and go dj). beats will always be more important than rhymes when it comes to the majority. you will never hear a song with a bad beat get play, if its from an unknown artist. if you are already established, you can get away with it sometimes, if you make a corny song that you know will get attention because of controversy. if rap didnt have beats, it wouldnt be rap, it would be spoken word. we have heard 3 songs from eminems new album now. 2 of them are not good at all, and one of them is average(encore). dre did 2 of those beats(encore and supposedly mosh, which was so bad, i thought it was an eminem beat) and they weren't impressive. only thing we have now is bass brothers, and eminem? thats not much to look forward to. eminem always uses the same snare, hes like the white 9th wonder. as for replay value, i agree with you, i meant to put "not" objective, thats why i didn't follow up on it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 11:27:07 AM by smartass »
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2004, 12:08:05 PM »
of course. denying that wouldn't be too reasonable. all i'm saying is it ain't a fact on the level of "a day has 24 hours" or "1+1 = 2"

for the reason I just explained Nas showing more skill is a fact like 1+1 = 2

he can do more --> he got more skill

you're right about that not working for the judging of a whole album, but the lyrical part is factually provable (in obvious cases like nas / master p at least, Rakim / Nas is of course different)

well, prove mater p couldn't write "Memory Lane", "2nd Childhood", "One Mic", "Nas Is Like"....yes, we are all sure he can't, but find proof of his incapability of writing that...see we could go on forever

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2004, 05:20:14 PM »
thats not true at all...look at all the songs that get play right now...they all have good beats(besides the one i mentioned above), and only maybe 2 of them have good lyricism(breathe and go dj). beats will always be more important than rhymes when it comes to the majority. you will never hear a song with a bad beat get play, if its from an unknown artist. if you are already established, you can get away with it sometimes, if you make a corny song that you know will get attention because of controversy. if rap didnt have beats, it wouldnt be rap, it would be spoken word. we have heard 3 songs from eminems new album now. 2 of them are not good at all, and one of them is average(encore). dre did 2 of those beats(encore and supposedly mosh, which was so bad, i thought it was an eminem beat) and they weren't impressive. only thing we have now is bass brothers, and eminem? thats not much to look forward to. eminem always uses the same snare, hes like the white 9th wonder. as for replay value, i agree with you, i meant to put "not" objective, thats why i didn't follow up on it.

I would never argue that fact that beats are more important to the majority.. but then the majority prefers a nelly album over everything else in hiphop besides Em and 50..  the masses don't tell you nothin bout what hiphop should be judged on, many hardly understand the lyrics, how you gon expect sad people like that to care about lyricism.. it's not for nothin you usually need a catchy, simple hook for every
retard to sing along with to have a hit.. that's the only thing the masses are guaranteed to understand.
if rap didnt have beats, it wouldnt be rap, it would be spoken word
If beats wouldn't have rap it sure wouldn't be rap music would it ?

Em's lyrics are the reason for one part of his fans to get his shit, the real masses that make him go almost diamond are the ones that would probably like it if all he did was make well sounding sounds with his mouth.

I like the atmosphere of the Mosh beat, it's nothing outstanding but it fits the mood of the lyrics and is still the best part of the track. And I think that other Dre track was dope.. the singel is garbage but it's the first Eminem single.. whatcha expect..

I'm worried about the quality of Encore too, Em ain't bringin no heat on the mic lately, but I still don't think you can yet tell how good the album is gonna be and you can definatly not tell that the productions gon be wack, since we might get a few more Dre beats and we dunno for sure who else is gonna produce (or did I miss that ?)

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2004, 05:22:29 PM »
of course. denying that wouldn't be too reasonable. all i'm saying is it ain't a fact on the level of "a day has 24 hours" or "1+1 = 2"

for the reason I just explained Nas showing more skill is a fact like 1+1 = 2

he can do more --> he got more skill

you're right about that not working for the judging of a whole album, but the lyrical part is factually provable (in obvious cases like nas / master p at least, Rakim / Nas is of course different)

well, prove mater p couldn't write "Memory Lane", "2nd Childhood", "One Mic", "Nas Is Like"....yes, we are all sure he can't, but find proof of his incapability of writing that...see we could go on forever

if it is about the quality of the album all that matters is what kinda skill the artist showed, not what skill he secretly might have