Author Topic: Nearly Unanimous 5 Star Reviews For Brian Wilson's "SMiLE" - Out Today!  (Read 517 times)

Trauma-san

Re: Nearly Unanimous 5 Star Reviews For Brian Wilson's "SMiLE" - Out Today!
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2004, 11:15:01 PM »
There was a GREAT show on SHOWTIME tonight called "Beautiful Dreamer: Brian Wilson and the Story of SMiLE" it was a 2 hour documentary FULL of performances and candid interviews with Brian, his band, his family, his friends.  It was awesome, Brian sang old songs, they had old footage of him singing and recording in the studio, they had behind the scenes of him rehearsing for this tour with him looking fucking PETRIFIED, I felt so bad for him, during a whole week of vocal sessions he just sat there looking disturbed, at one point, he says "I have to get out of here", left, and checked himself into a hospital, lol.  He just looked so petrified and scared, and when he did, he looked exactly like he did in the footage they just showed from 1966.  Check Showtime to see if you can catch a re-run or record it on your DVR or something, incredibly fascinating. 

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2004, 08:53:29 AM »
a good album yeas , greatest of all time ? No . The album sounds over-produced and messy at parts , I was a little dissapointed with it

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2004, 08:56:14 AM »
i think this shit is overated as fuck.. its musically dope.. but on every song its like a competition to see how many intruments he can play..his voice aint shit.. the lyrcis are wack.. i cant listen to that corny shit.. i think its legend makes it more spectacular than it really is

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2004, 09:20:49 AM »
Yeah I feel you , it seems that they have tried too hard instead of let it flow naturally , you know ?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2004, 09:23:01 AM »
^ yea.. plus.. its uninspired.. like usually an artist feels a certain way.. and writes his emotions.. dope intresting songs come out.. but this was the oposite.. i like Pet sounds a FUCKLOAD more than this

Trauma-san

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2004, 01:48:34 PM »
Hmm; I totally disagree.  I think it's one of the most inspired works I've ever heard, I love his vocals, it's well written, and nearly perfectly produced.  I never said it was the greatest album of all time.  It is ONE of the greatest albums of all time, though.  Ce'st la Vie