Author Topic: O'Reilly: I'm victim  (Read 170 times)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
O'Reilly: I'm victim
« on: October 14, 2004, 11:53:21 AM »
New York Daily News - http://www.nydailynews.com
O'Reilly: I'm victim
BY DAVID EPSTEIN and ADAM NICHOLS
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS
Thursday, October 14th, 2004

Fox TV host Bill O'Reilly took to the airwaves last night to slam an employee's claims he subjected her to sleazy phone sex and other lewd harassment - charging he's the victim of a $60 million shakedown attempt.

Andrea Mackris, an associate producer of "The O'Reilly Factor," accused the conservative talk show host of making "disgusting" calls to her - and threatening to ruin her career if she complained.

O'Reilly fired back with a lawsuit of his own, contending he's the target of a politically motivated extortion plot to "punish" him and Fox News.

"In the end, the justice system will take care of this situation," he told his 3 million viewers last night. "It's a shame this can happen in a country like this."

In her lawsuit, filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, Mackris, 33, charged that O'Reilly pelted her with sexually explicit phone calls, pestered her for three-way sex with another woman and bragged in lurid detail about his prowess in bed.

It was the latest - and most personal - controversy to envelop O'Reilly, a best-selling author and writer whose syndicated column appears in the Daily News. His popular TV show has become a lightning rod for criticism from the left.

Mackris, of Manhattan, had worked with O'Reilly since April 2000, apart from six months earlier this year, when she moved to CNN.

She said her boss started making lewd comments after she split with her fiancé in May 2001, and the alleged harassment escalated after she returned to Fox in July.

In three calls since August, O'Reilly, 55, who is married and lives on Long Island, spoke graphically about his sexual fantasies during a series of "perverted ravings," she claims.

"When plaintiff Andrea Mackris again reminded [O'Reilly] that she did not want to participate, reminding him that he was her boss, O'Reilly responded, 'You just have to suspend that,'" she contends in court papers.

Her lawsuit was filed hours after O'Reilly and Fox News launched a preemptive attack - suing Mackris and her lawyer, Benedict Morelli.

O'Reilly's team claims that, at numerous meetings with Morelli, the "defendants demanded $60 million in hush money to keep quiet and never once lowered this outrageous demand."

And they said Mackris made no official complaints of sexual misconduct to Fox News - that in fact she wrote of being happy at work only last month.

In an E-mail to a friend, she said: "Things are wonderful, amazing, fun, creative, invigorating, secure, well-managed, challenging, interesting, fun and surrounded by really good, fun people. I'm home and I'll never leave again," according to the O'Reilly camp.

O'Reilly and Fox plan to seek a court order today asking that any evidence - including possible recordings Mackris may have made - be made public.

"O'Reilly believes he knows what he said and didn't say, so he does not expect to be surprised by what any tape contains," said his lawyer, Ronald Green.

O'Reilly's lawsuit also suggests Mackris' suit is politically motivated. It says her lawyer is a supporter of Democrats and sees conservative Fox and O'Reilly as the enemy.

On his TV show last night, O'Reilly told viewers, "Just about every famous person I know has been threatened and worked over by somebody." "Fame makes you a target."

"There comes a time when enough's enough," he added. "And so this morning I had to file a lawsuit against some people who are demanding $60 million or they will quote 'punish' me and Fox News."

davida.b.

Re: O'Reilly: I'm victim
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 04:22:03 PM »
Oh shit, this is to good to be true!!!!! LOL

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 04:28:43 PM »
HA HA O'REILLY JACKS OFF TO THE VOICES OF FAT WOMEN!!!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

dexter

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 07:21:09 AM »
Bill is a punk.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 05:18:40 PM »
HAHA

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 05:29:12 PM »
remember when he made a big deal about clinton. hope his career gets ruined. hes an asshole.

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 05:52:56 PM »
i never liked him, so im enjoying him being in this situation

btw on the Conan O Brien show they're having this on going joke/segment on O'Reilly, it's pretty funny.

dexter

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 06:31:28 AM »
Bill is going Broke!!!!!!!!!!!!
After the Verdict or Payoff! HAHA