Author Topic: Masta Ace was right, Rap is Disposable  (Read 219 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Masta Ace was right, Rap is Disposable
« on: October 18, 2004, 07:31:13 PM »
i guess some of you are wondering what the hell i mean by the title of this thread. Remember the Masta Ace Album "Disposable Arts"? Throughout the whole album Masta Ace expresses his thoughts about the current state of hip hop, and the whole album basically reflects his feelings that Rap is disposable.
   People on this thread (most of you) spend months getting hyped on albums, downloading 10 second snippets and shit, making hundreds of threads about upcoming releases, and when they finally DO come out, there might be a thread or two reviewing the album, but it's forgotter rather quickly. Fans have been waiting on the 213 album for more than 10 years. FOr a year, we hear various snippets and clips, and then the album comes out. Nobody is even talking about it, we are waiting on the upcoming releases now. Now tell me if that's not a disposable art form then. You hear it a few times, and go on to the next shit
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Masta Ace was right, Rap is Disposable
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 07:36:35 PM »
The most beautifull thing ever, and its about to bring terror to the bling era

Fans have been waiting on the 213 album for more than 10 years. FOr a year, we hear various snippets and clips, and then the album comes out. Nobody is even talking about it,
lol... there is more than like 30 threads AFTER the album came out...

eS El Duque

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 08:16:12 PM »
The most beautifull thing ever, and its about to bring terror to the bling era

Fans have been waiting on the 213 album for more than 10 years. FOr a year, we hear various snippets and clips, and then the album comes out. Nobody is even talking about it,
lol... there is more than like 30 threads AFTER the album came out...

^^^ jup

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 08:17:28 PM »
the fact is that the majority of shit that comes out now is just that - shit. So it is disposable. 213 album= shit = disposable. Think about how many times people mention the chronic, or illmatic, doggystyle, etc in various threads. Those albums are 10+ years old and we still talk about them. The fact is that most shit today sucks, and its not really worthy of a lot of discussion, except to say how bad it was.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 11:13:15 AM »
the fact is that the majority of shit that comes out now is just that - shit. So it is disposable. 213 album= shit = disposable. Think about how many times people mention the chronic, or illmatic, doggystyle, etc in various threads. Those albums are 10+ years old and we still talk about them. The fact is that most shit today sucks, and its not really worthy of a lot of discussion, except to say how bad it was.

Yeah
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Suga Foot

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 11:40:39 AM »
I don't think Rap is old enough as an art form yet.  It hasn't matured enough.  Most Rap music is very immature.  And the stuff that is mature, isn't very popular.  K-Os is a good example of mature rap music.  He's also got the #1 Single in Canda right now.  I think as rappers get older, their subject matter will too.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 07:10:02 AM »
again, it depends, no one can deny certain RAP is disposable for RAPs own sake, but this doesn't mean RAP is disposable as a whole,
When u listen to all of the old time classics and to recent quallity RAP you become assured of it, No other genre can rich such cenematism, such interaction with the listener (as far as depiction and all in all expression goes) the way RAP can (at it's best of course).
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?