Author Topic: if lil wytes album isnt better than encore...  (Read 485 times)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
Re: if lil wytes album isnt better than encore...
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2004, 08:55:47 AM »
to say Em's lyrical doesnt matter cuz Lil Wytes has better beats is a damn shame. lil white isnt to talented. only white guys to me that can spit is Eminem and Atmosphere is not to shabby
do you idiots not realize this is about ALBUMS? im not talking about lyricism. of course eminem is better. production and replayability are more important than lyricism, when it comes to albums. i guess you think soul on ice is better than reasonable doubt, just because of the lyrics? or maybe wild gremlinz was the greatest album ever made, because of lyricism!(sarcasm, for the idiots) and dont even comment if you aren't going to listen to the album.

theres also a difference between liking something more, and something being better. thats like me saying lord finesse is a better mc than rakim. thats just not true. i like him more, but hes certainly not better.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 09:09:59 AM by smartass »
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2004, 10:00:08 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There is no solid claim here. You say Em's albums have no replayability and weak production, I say his production is amazing, and his albums are very replayable. We can't prove the other wrong. Whether you will like Wyte's album better than Em's is up to you and what you think of it. There is no definate better album.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2004, 10:07:11 AM »
^^ that's what i tried to tell him. that's not like the sox beatin the yankees, u can't say u'll delete ur account if an album is better than some other one...that's a matter of opinions. this whole topic is pointless

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2004, 10:20:30 AM »
yes, shallow, just completely ignore what i said, and continue with your eminem street teaming. you make 12 year old pimple faced white girls seem like fans. if you can't admit something is better than something else, you're a dickrider, plain and simple.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2004, 12:38:24 PM »
yes, shallow, just completely ignore what i said, and continue with your eminem street teaming. you make 12 year old pimple faced white girls seem like fans. if you can't admit something is better than something else, you're a dickrider, plain and simple.

I didn't ignore what you said, but you are ignoring common sense. How are you going to prove that one album is better than an another? You can't, because it is impossible to do so. You can prove what album you play more, and what eats you like better, but not what is better. There is no better in art. Why can't you see that. You can argue what album will have hte greater impact, and for that I'll put my money on Eminem, but I can never say that Emimen's album IS better, I can only say what I like better. Just becuae I like Eminem better what I think is a terrible excuse for music, South Hip Hop, doesn't mean I'm an Eminem dick ryder. It just means I think 36 Mafia sucks, but I could never factually say that they are worse than Em, I just don't like them.

The best thing you can do is post a poll, and let the people on the forum vote which album is better.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2004, 02:54:00 PM »
Dont be so sure, at least I am eager to hear Em's production. I heard a lot of his beats already of course, but I think he might have developped ... with his best beats being on that Album.. hopefully, maybe not :D
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2004, 06:27:47 AM »

I didn't ignore what you said, but you are ignoring common sense. How are you going to prove that one album is better than an another? You can't, because it is impossible to do so. You can prove what album you play more, and what eats you like better, but not what is better. There is no better in art. Why can't you see that. You can argue what album will have hte greater impact, and for that I'll put my money on Eminem, but I can never say that Emimen's album IS better, I can only say what I like better. Just becuae I like Eminem better what I think is a terrible excuse for music, South Hip Hop, doesn't mean I'm an Eminem dick ryder. It just means I think 36 Mafia sucks, but I could never factually say that they are worse than Em, I just don't like them.

The best thing you can do is post a poll, and let the people on the forum vote which album is better.

1. give up on trying to get that point across, he won't listen
2. Are Cunninlynguists, Outkast, Little Brother, Goodie Mob, Dungeon Family and Scarface a terrible excuse for music?
3. The poll thing is a good idea...smartass why don't u do it like this: make a poll, let people vote and if u want u can delete your account if Em takes it?

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2004, 06:32:07 AM »
An album can be better than another one, whether you can prove it or not depends on how obious it is. Illmatic > Game Face = Fact. That doesn't mean nobody can prefer Game Face, all it means is that you'll find more provable quality in Illmatic than in Game Face.. the taste still justifies liking Game Face alot more cause there is no truth in taste, but in provable quality, yes there is.

Illmatic lyrics > Game Face lyrics = fact, it's easy to prove that Nas' lyrics have more of a message, require more skills, have more variety in em, ect. than Master P's

when it comes to rpoduction it's alot more difficult but you can still prove that if one album has nothing but even sounding extremely simple beats with basically the same melody or something but you'll have to find a pretty damn wack produced album to have it that obvious.

replay value is bullshit, it depends 100% on taste and can never be an aspect you can objectively judge anything on

since smartass chose to ignore the easiest way to objectively prove quality (the lyrics) and already expressed his subjective liking (any liking is subjective) for lil whyte's beats + dislike for Em's and the fact that it will clearly be the main aspect for him to judge the albums on and, last but not least even admitted to consider replay value an objective judging aspect, this is indeed a pointless thread.

nobody can possibly prove that there is replay value for him, it's like trying to prove that he likes it. replay value is as subjective as taste as that's what it totally depeds on. The one thing you could do is let the majority decide but I doubt he'll agree on that

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2004, 06:36:14 AM »
An album can be better than another one, whether you can prove it or not depends on how obious it is. Illmatic > Game Face = Fact. That doesn't mean nobody can prefer Game Face, all it means is that you'll find more provable quality in Illmatic than in Game Face.. the taste still justifies liking Game Face alot more cause there is no truth in taste, but in provable quality, yes there is.

Illmatic lyrics > Game Face lyrics = fact, it's easy to prove that Nas' lyrics have more of a message, require more skills, have more variety in em, ect. than Master P's

...and even that is technically not true. You can count syllables and scrutinize the rhyme structure and make factual statements as to it. You can still claim Master P's lyrics are better...of course 99.999% of people would find that ridiculous, but there is not proof of Illmatic being better, factually

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2004, 06:54:35 AM »

...and even that is technically not true. You can count syllables and scrutinize the rhyme structure and make factual statements as to it. You can still claim Master P's lyrics are better...of course 99.999% of people would find that ridiculous, but there is not proof of Illmatic being better, factually

but I can say Nas showed more lyrical skill on the album which is a fact.

Anybody who can write lyrics like Nas can necessarily write lyrics like Master P. There fore Nas proved he can write his lyrics, he can write Master Ps lyrics and everyting in between --> he can do more than Master P

Skill = ability to do something --> you can do more than somebody else (e.g. write more different styles of lyrics) = you have more skill

so Nas did provable show more lyrical skill on the album, the only thing that could now make anyone say Master P's lyrics are still better is the subject matter but then you could say subject matter is taste, let everyone write what they wanna write about, but when it comes to which lyrics are "better" it's about who got more skill

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2004, 07:08:44 AM »
of course. denying that wouldn't be too reasonable. all i'm saying is it ain't a fact on the level of "a day has 24 hours" or "1+1 = 2"

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2004, 07:30:41 AM »
all of smartass's posts amuse me...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2004, 08:05:57 AM »
of course. denying that wouldn't be too reasonable. all i'm saying is it ain't a fact on the level of "a day has 24 hours" or "1+1 = 2"

for the reason I just explained Nas showing more skill is a fact like 1+1 = 2

he can do more --> he got more skill

you're right about that not working for the judging of a whole album, but the lyrical part is factually provable (in obvious cases like nas / master p at least, Rakim / Nas is of course different)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2004, 09:40:48 AM »

when it comes to rpoduction it's alot more difficult but you can still prove that if one album has nothing but even sounding extremely simple beats with basically the same melody or something but you'll have to find a pretty damn wack produced album to have it that obvious.

replay value is bullshit, it depends 100% on taste and can never be an aspect you can objectively judge anything on

since smartass chose to ignore the easiest way to objectively prove quality (the lyrics) and already expressed his subjective liking (any liking is subjective) for lil whyte's beats + dislike for Em's and the fact that it will clearly be the main aspect for him to judge the albums on and, last but not least even admitted to consider replay value an objective judging aspect, this is indeed a pointless thread.

nobody can possibly prove that there is replay value for him, it's like trying to prove that he likes it. replay value is as subjective as taste as that's what it totally depeds on. The one thing you could do is let the majority decide but I doubt he'll agree on that
you know why its so easy to prove that eminems production is garbage? because all of his beats sound exactly the same. he never changes up his drums, and he always keeps the same dark sound present in every one of them. i never thought anyone would surpass swizz beats in the bad beat-making department. eminem passed with flying colors. if you know anything about layers, drums, melodies, tempo, etc, then you know that eminem is THE worst producer in hiphop, EVER. replay value is objective. i'd let the people decide, but i know they aint even going to listen to wytes album anyway. eminem could come with a half-assed album, and just because of his (amazing ::)) forced flow and multis they'd eat it up. when people defend a song like just lose it, you know theres something wrong.

oh, and, just for the record, the man behind the boards is the backbone of rap. without dj's or producers there would be nothing for mc's to spit over. so in a traditional sense, beats are more important than rhymes.(and that is something you can't prove wrong, cause kool herc was the first) 8)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 10:07:00 AM by smartass »

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2004, 10:58:26 AM »
you know why its so easy to prove that eminems production is garbage? because all of his beats sound exactly the same. he never changes up his drums, and he always keeps the same dark sound present in every one of them. i never thought anyone would surpass swizz beats in the bad beat-making department. eminem passed with flying colors. if you know anything about layers, drums, melodies, tempo, etc, then you know that eminem is THE worst producer in hiphop, EVER. replay value is objective. i'd let the people decide, but i know they aint even going to listen to wytes album anyway. eminem could come with a half-assed album, and just because of his (amazing ::)) forced flow and multis they'd eat it up. when people defend a song like just lose it, you know theres something wrong.

oh, and, just for the record, the man behind the boards is the backbone of rap. without dj's or producers there would be nothing for mc's to spit over. so in a traditional sense, beats are more important than rhymes.(and that is something you can't prove wrong, cause kool herc was the first) 8)

Just cause the dj was first doesn't his part of rap music is more important. Without all it's elements HipHop wouldn't be hiphop. It's not for nothing the emcee soon took the main limelight from the dj, he's who made hiphop so big. I'm not saying he's more imortant, just mentioning that fact opposed to the fact you mentioned about the dj being first. None of em is more important than the other.

As for Em's beats, I like some of em, and he might often use the same drums but not always and melodies ? how is Moment Of Clarity even similar to Solider.. anyway, he's not the only producer on his album and Dre who's one of the very best will porduce on it too so how could you know who's production's gonna be better?

Replay value is not objective at all, I told you why not. Since you think it is, you should be able to come up with the reason why it is so please do that..