Author Topic: Sonic Jihad LOLL!!!!!!  (Read 160 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Sonic Jihad LOLL!!!!!!
« on: October 28, 2004, 02:31:09 PM »
 ***** The Bomb!, July 26, 2004
 Reviewer:    R. PLUMMER (CARNATION, WA United States) - See all my reviews 

First let me tell you who's talking here: I'm a 58 year-old white dude, with a university degree - I'm middle aged and middle class. I live in 'the sprawl' near major US port city. I have a full time job, a wife and a mortgage. The pigs have never busted me or my head with a nightstick and I have never been an overnight guest in their facilities. i.e. my life experiences would not make me a likely candidate to relate to this particular CD. There are a few hip-hop, rap, DJ and drum'n'bass CDs in my music library, for example: Ludacris, Outcast, Dub Syndicate, DJ Crush, DJ Spooky, Michael Franti & Spearhead, MC Solaar, Postive Black Soul. and misc. others. So this form is not alien to my aural networks. Now - that being said, let's get on widdit: Paris, the P-Dawg is the MAN! I have Paris' 'Sonic Jihad' and 'Sleeping with the Enemy' discs. Jihad just gets a lot of spins around here. I made a copy of it for my LBU (Lovely Bride Unit) to play in her ride when she took a recent road trip to visit the fam. I didn't even tell her I loaded it in the CD player. When she returned two weeks later she said: "Damn that Paris CD is EXCELLENT! I played it the whole trip and even played it for my nephews!" (They're highschool age and think Eminem is way cool. ) They dug it too. At first the political content took them by surprise because they don't get to hear too much of that where they live in 'middle America.' But right away they recognized the music and top shelf and by the 2nd & 3rd spin there were down with the program! I have played this CD for most of my buds and everyone is in agreement, Paris deserves a wider audience BOTH for his music AND for the CONTENT of his lyrics! I cannot emphasize enough the importance of his lyrics and the insightful manner in which he presents his message(s). If you like hip hop and have not heard Paris.. by ALL means get yo hands upon this disc! And play it loud. IF you have not paid much attention to hip hop yet (like where have you been?) then get your hands upon this disc! And play it loud. If you are a Card-Carrying Republican from Iowa - most definitely get your hands upon this disc! Wrap your mind around it and hold on. I'm ready to nominate Paris for President. And to borrow a lyric from the funk miester George Clinton: "Paint the White House Black!" Play this a few times - you WILL be impressed! And like me you'll be asking: Why haven't more peeps heard Paris!
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Don Seer

Re: Sonic Jihad LOLL!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 02:35:21 PM »
all he needs now is a copy of "guerilla funk" too  :D

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 03:17:03 PM »
Paris is great, you may not agree with his views but the fact that he at least has a message in combination with great music is nice.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 05:30:59 PM »
Paris is great, you may not agree with his views but the fact that he at least has a message in combination with great music is nice.

Dude, that's not the point i tried to make with my post. Here's my point:

Reviewer: R. PLUMMER (CARNATION, WA United States) - See all my reviews

First let me tell you who's talking here: I'm a 58 year-old white dude, with a university degree - I'm middle aged and middle class. I live in 'the sprawl' near major US port city. I have a full time job, a wife and a mortgage. The pigs have never busted me or my head with a nightstick and I have never been an overnight guest in their facilities. i.e. my life experiences would not make me a likely candidate to relate to this particular CD. There are a few hip-hop, rap, DJ and drum'n'bass CDs in my music library, for example: Ludacris, Outcast, Dub Syndicate, DJ Crush, DJ Spooky, Michael Franti & Spearhead, MC Solaar, Postive Black Soul. and misc. others. So this form is not alien to my aural networks. Now - that being said, let's get on widdit: Paris, the P-Dawg is the MAN! I have Paris' 'Sonic Jihad' and 'Sleeping with the Enemy' discs. Jihad just gets a lot of spins around here. I made a copy of it for my LBU (Lovely Bride Unit) to play in her ride when she took a recent road trip to visit the fam. I didn't even tell her I loaded it in the CD player. When she returned two weeks later she said: "Damn that Paris CD is EXCELLENT! I played it the whole trip and even played it for my nephews!" (They're highschool age and think Eminem is way cool. ) They dug it too. At first the political content took them by surprise because they don't get to hear too much of that where they live in 'middle America.' But right away they recognized the music and top shelf and by the 2nd & 3rd spin there were down with the program! I have played this CD for most of my buds and everyone is in agreement, Paris deserves a wider audience BOTH for his music AND for the CONTENT of his lyrics! I cannot emphasize enough the importance of his lyrics and the insightful manner in which he presents his message(s). If you like hip hop and have not heard Paris.. by ALL means get yo hands upon this disc! And play it loud. IF you have not paid much attention to hip hop yet (like where have you been?) then get your hands upon this disc! And play it loud. If you are a Card-Carrying Republican from Iowa - most definitely get your hands upon this disc! Wrap your mind around it and hold on. I'm ready to nominate Paris for President. And to borrow a lyric from the funk miester George Clinton: "Paint the White House Black!" Play this a few times - you WILL be impressed! And like me you'll be asking: Why haven't more peeps heard Paris!

That shit cracks me up hard!
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 05:35:50 PM »

Dude, that's not the point i tried to make with my post. Here's my point:

Reviewer: R. PLUMMER (CARNATION, WA United States) - See all my reviews

That shit cracks me up hard!

LOL, I never really noticed. It seems that lately jargon just gets mixed in with regular vernacular when I read.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris