Author Topic: Halo 2 Record Sales  (Read 349 times)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Halo 2 Record Sales
« on: November 14, 2004, 07:22:02 AM »
As most have noticed by now, Halo 2 had a phenomenal first day of sales all over the world, in Europe the game broke all sorts of entertainment records as far as sales and money made are concerned. Now that we have the facts and figures for the U.S. it is also apparent that the movie industry is being pushed into second place by the gaming industry. Strangely enough, the entertainment industry that is pirated the most seems to be making more money than those that complain about piracy the most, it is unlikely however, that a gaming company executive makes as much money as his music industry colleague.

Halo 2 broke entertainment retail records in its first 24 hours on store shelves. Microsoft Game Studios announced that the highly-anticipated game sold through 2.4 million units in the U.S. and Canada, driving cash register receipts to the USD 125 million mark.

Halo 2 has blown the roof off of any other sales day in the history of GameStop, said Dan Dematteo, president and chief operating officer at GameStop. In just one day, we sold more than half a million copies of Halo 2 - more than any other game in history in its first day of release. Halo 2 has become more than a pop culture phenomena - it's become a pop culture frenzy.

Not only has Halo 2 exceeded video game sales records, but entertainment records as well. Halo 2 has generated more money on day one than any of the biggest movies in box office history including Spider-Man 2 (Sony), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (WB) and The Matrix Reloaded (WB). In addition, Halo 2 surpassed this past weekend's box office favorite, The Incredibles, which grossed USD 70.5 million (U.S.) in three days compared to the USD 125 million pulled through by Halo 2 in one day.

The first 24 hours of Halo 2 sales have taken our breath away, said Peter Moore, corporate Vice President, Worldwide Marketing and Publishing, Xbox. Across North America, 2.4 million copies of the game were sold through, representing USD 125 million in total cash register receipts for retailers. It's no longer just a huge game for us but has become a seminal milestone for the entire industry.

Source - http://www.torrentspy.com

well well...seems like the "GTA - SA" records are broken after only 1 week  :laugh:

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Halo 2 Record Sales
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 07:24:02 AM »
thats shitty

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 11:16:49 AM »
 :D

I know someone who's beat halo 2 on normal/hard and now is on legendary...the dude has no life
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 05:15:01 PM »
*patiently waiting for every one who laughed when i said it was gonna sell over 2 million in one day* 8)

Jome

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 07:05:14 PM »
Microsoft Game Studios announced that the highly-anticipated game sold through 2.4 million units in the U.S. and Canada
well well...seems like the "GTA - SA" records are broken after only 1 week  :laugh:

ACCORDING TO MICROSOFT is the key info here.. and GTA official sales isn't announced for neither U.S. or worldwide, so you don't know.

But still, if the official stats prove Microsoft right, that's impressive numbers.
I think GTA is stronger worldwide, Halo seems to be bigger in U.S. than in any other part of the world.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 07:26:05 PM »

I know someone who's beat halo 2 on normal/hard and now is on legendary...the dude has no life
Keep talking about me motherfucker. ;D

Thirteen

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 07:55:41 PM »
you guys also forget that now the majority of people have Halo, sales are going to plummet, people are still buying GTA, almost everyone has already bought halo 2

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 09:04:55 PM »

Keep talking about me motherfucker. ;D

and you still find time for tom's sista..amazing!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 12:02:33 AM »
halo sux, there's like 3 people at work who've already beaten it and like 20 people at school that i've talked to who've beaten it as well.

GTA SA is a whole hell of a lot better than halo

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 06:25:01 AM »
ive always thought the game was weak but i talked to a friend the other day and he said single player is nearly the same, but the multi-player is what makes it good. I stil tihnk if your buying a shooter for multiplayer buy a pc. Has way better games imo.

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 07:05:23 AM »
halo sux, there's like 3 people at work who've already beaten it and like 20 people at school that i've talked to who've beaten it as well.

GTA SA is a whole hell of a lot better than halo

There 2 very different games. FPS to GTA = no comparison. This is about sales not content. MP is fun as always, haven't tried SP yet. I gotta play and beat GTA SA before I start any other games.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2004, 07:42:40 AM »
Microsoft Game Studios announced that the highly-anticipated game sold through 2.4 million units in the U.S. and Canada

ACCORDING TO MICROSOFT is the key info here.. and GTA official sales isn't announced for neither U.S. or worldwide, so you don't know.

word!