Author Topic: tha row  (Read 367 times)

jpimpj

• Lil Geezy
tha row
« on: November 16, 2004, 08:17:25 AM »
What ever happen to Crooked I???
i mean the row was hypin his album for a whole year but then kept on pushin back the release date, then Crooked I leaves the lable?

The same thing is going on with Kurupt. His album date is being pushed back again and again.

why isn't Suge dropping albums??

to me there is a conspiracy theory behind this.

Is Suge out to screw everyone on the westcoast, even his own artis?

what does he gain by holding back his artist? Look at Danny boy, wasn't he back on the row? Now he isn't?

Someone please enlighten me on the situation

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Re: tha row
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 08:54:52 AM »
Hi,

Firstly Danny Boy has not been signed to Death Row Records since he filed for bankrupcy to leave the label back in 1999. He did not re-sign with them, the work he did for the "Dysfunktional Family" soundtrack was simply a favor for Suge Knight. Right now Danny Boy is in the situation where he has to make his own moves to re-start his career, because right now Suge and Death Row are not in the position to really push DB, he is still (shall we say?) with Death Row Records, just not legally signed. DB will always have ties with Suge Knight, at Death Row. He has the biggest project of his life in January of 2005, you will be seeing DB a lot, very soon. Visit the forums at www.platinumpearl.com for information.

The situation with Crooked I is different, he recorded albums which didnt come out, so he decided to leave. Suge has spend millions promoting him, and feels that he wants that money back. Which is they they are beefing right now.

Why has Suge not released any albums?

Think about it, its simple.

Suge will only bring Death Row back when he can be the #1 again, its that simple. Crooked I, Kurupt, Eastwood, Tha Realest, Top Dogg etc have not released albums because they would not compete in Sales, Sound, Quality and exposure as albums from Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre, 50 Cent, Jay Z, Kanye, Jadakiss.  The next Death Row release has to be bigger than any of them. Maybe thats why he wants Petey Pablo? maybe Petey isnt the man he wants. Who knows?

Like I said before, its all about timing. Death Row have been blackballed for years now, but when they do come back, it will be big, it has to be.

This coming from an employee / former employee of two people you mentioned in your post.

Hope that helps.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 12:11:21 PM »
I think should should stop aiming for his first release to be a commercial success. he should instead concentrate on putting out a solid album that true rap fans will enjoy.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Avalanche

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 12:28:53 PM »
Hi,

Firstly Danny Boy has not been signed to Death Row Records since he filed for bankrupcy to leave the label back in 1999. He did not re-sign with them, the work he did for the "Dysfunktional Family" soundtrack was simply a favor for Suge Knight. Right now Danny Boy is in the situation where he has to make his own moves to re-start his career, because right now Suge and Death Row are not in the position to really push DB, he is still (shall we say?) with Death Row Records, just not legally signed. DB will always have ties with Suge Knight, at Death Row. He has the biggest project of his life in January of 2005, you will be seeing DB a lot, very soon. Visit the forums at www.platinumpearl.com for information.

The situation with Crooked I is different, he recorded albums which didnt come out, so he decided to leave. Suge has spend millions promoting him, and feels that he wants that money back. Which is they they are beefing right now.

Why has Suge not released any albums?

Think about it, its simple.

Suge will only bring Death Row back when he can be the #1 again, its that simple. Crooked I, Kurupt, Eastwood, Tha Realest, Top Dogg etc have not released albums because they would not compete in Sales, Sound, Quality and exposure as albums from Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre, 50 Cent, Jay Z, Kanye, Jadakiss.  The next Death Row release has to be bigger than any of them. Maybe thats why he wants Petey Pablo? maybe Petey isnt the man he wants. Who knows?

Like I said before, its all about timing. Death Row have been blackballed for years now, but when they do come back, it will be big, it has to be.

This coming from an employee / former employee of two people you mentioned in your post.

Hope that helps.

you not working for crook anymore?

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 10:16:30 PM »
I think should should stop aiming for his first release to be a commercial success. he should instead concentrate on putting out a solid album that true rap fans will enjoy.

Big BpG

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 10:24:24 PM »
Deathrow was huge. Def Jam is huge, but Deathrow was big. No one says that about Roc-A-Fella, Murder Inc, Ruff Ryders, Slim Shady Records, or any other small rap label. Deathrow released some of Hip Hop's greatest albums. Tha Row is trying to find that formula again. No one knew deathrow was going to be huge. It was a bunch of young guy starting their own music and it just happened to release at the right time. Now everyone has a label, has their cliche click and coming out now, with a huge impact is near impossible. You have to bring music that will catch the ear. Another Chingy, J-Kwon, Lil Flip, is not what Hip Hop needs. If Tha Row wants to be huge, they need to come out like Eminem, Snoop, 50 Cent, 2pac did... In my mind, Crooked I had that ability.

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 01:44:12 AM »
Deathrow was huge. Def Jam is huge, but Deathrow was big. No one says that about Roc-A-Fella, Murder Inc, Ruff Ryders, Slim Shady Records, or any other small rap label. Deathrow released some of Hip Hop's greatest albums. Tha Row is trying to find that formula again. No one knew deathrow was going to be huge. It was a bunch of young guy starting their own music and it just happened to release at the right time. Now everyone has a label, has their cliche click and coming out now, with a huge impact is near impossible. You have to bring music that will catch the ear. Another Chingy, J-Kwon, Lil Flip, is not what Hip Hop needs. If Tha Row wants to be huge, they need to come out like Eminem, Snoop, 50 Cent, 2pac did... In my mind, Crooked I had that ability.

Exactly, Suge needs his next solo release to be a blockbuster. . .

Crooked I had the ability, but did he have the Character / Charisma like Snoop Doggy Dogg and Dr Dre? No. The mainstream/media didnt pick up Crooked I when the Dysfunktional Family album dropped. Wheras 50 Cent's "Wanksta" from the Eminem Soundtrack blow up with Video/Airplay huge.

Thats why Crooked I didnt drop, because of the "lack of commercial appeal". . .

incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 08:30:20 AM »
thx for the clear up que
i can't wait to hear new db material

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 08:37:44 AM »
Your welcome MOB.

Keep this between us, heres a hint, you will be 'Seeing' Danny more than 'Hearing' soon. I can't say what, because only 4 people know, to my knowledge not even Suge yet. It's Danny's biggest project of his career so far!!! He just got married too. I'll ask if I can post up some pictures.

Stay up my friend!!