Author Topic: Nas is gonna shutt the Rap game with this one...  (Read 546 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Nas is gonna shutt the Rap game with this one...
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2004, 07:57:48 PM »
I'm looking forward to picking this up, every Nas album has been good....including Nastradamus.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2004, 11:35:52 PM »
^LMAO lord i hope that last statement was a joke

With all due respect that album was shity, If u see Illmatic aS A  conceptual, lyriclly charged and focused effort with no filler, How can you settle for  such lack of substance and the presence of such shity production.

We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2004, 05:01:57 AM »
man, listen to the new album at least a couple times more. It really has lots of hot tracks. The only things i don't like about Nas is when he gets religious, and his extremely graphic sexual descriptions (when he's talkin about cum bubbles in a song, you woulndt wanna listen to it with girls around). That's the only shit that brings him down, imo. He has excellent flow, some nice conceptual shit, good production, and sometimes brings a good message. few MC's can fuck with Nas's catalogue, so check out the new album more than once be4 you start bitching about it. I'd say about 2/3 should make the final album, which he should release as 1CD. He can easily put 16 dope songs on 1CD and leave out the skits, which will make for a DOPE album. So far i give the advance 4/5
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2004, 06:46:53 AM »
man, listen to the new album at least a couple times more. It really has lots of hot tracks. The only things i don't like about Nas is when he gets religious, and his extremely graphic sexual descriptions (when he's talkin about cum bubbles in a song, you woulndt wanna listen to it with girls around). That's the only shit that brings him down, imo. He has excellent flow, some nice conceptual shit, good production, and sometimes brings a good message. few MC's can fuck with Nas's catalogue, so check out the new album more than once be4 you start bitching about it. I'd say about 2/3 should make the final album, which he should release as 1CD. He can easily put 16 dope songs on 1CD and leave out the skits, which will make for a DOPE album. So far i give the advance 4/5

If you're refering to my statement you should know I wasn't talking about the New album, I was talking about It Was Written.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 06:48:24 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Don Breezio

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2004, 11:45:17 AM »
i dont understand how you can say that about it was written with songs like The Message, The Set Up, If I Ruled The World, street dreams, i gave you power, affirmative action, watch dem niggas, take it in blood, black girl lost, nas is coming...etc....this is my favorite nas album....every song is a classic.

Don Breezio

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2004, 12:04:42 PM »
im listening to this album for the 2nd time right now....im liking it a lot more the 2nd time around.....im gonna let this one grow on me