Author Topic: Where were you the day hip-hop died?  (Read 481 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Where were you the day hip-hop died?
« on: November 21, 2004, 02:23:52 AM »
Is it too early to mourn, is it to late to ride?

I remember where I was the day hip-hop died.  For me it was Sept. 13th, 1996.  It was a beautiful summer day in one of the midwestern towns where one's own little world seems isolated and unique from the unknown world outside.  I was a young buck, barely even highschool age, just girls, playing ball tryin' to be like Rodman, carrying a backpack, with an Oakley hat on backwards, and a pair of headphones on.  Then someone must of started a rumor that 2pac died and the world believed it. 

Still I never believed that lie.  2pac faked his own death and there is proof on sites all across the internet.  Even Chuck D said it.  He's chillin in West Africa or in someplace like the Wonder if Heaven's Got a Ghetto video.  Safe from harm, just chillin out relaxin.  Still he must not be makin music anymore cause he never reappeared like he said he was going to 7 years later on Sept. 13th, 2003.

Anyway, the day 2pac died I bumped "Life Goes On" off the All Eyes on Me album.  I called up my friends and everyone was shocked.  Some white people said big deal... "Just another dead nigger who sold drugs and rapped out violence."  But to real hip-hop heads he was a revolutionary, I heard he was our generations James Deen.

Although hip-hop may not have officially died till 2001, and every once in a while we will still get a decent song or two.  Still, I think it was back when 2pac was reportedly dead, that hip-hop began to deviate from it's roots and branches and leaves began to fall off.

............So where were you the day hip-hop died?   
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 02:44:30 AM by RIP Hip-Hop Music- 1985-2001 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

mauzip

Re: Where were you the day hip-hop died?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 02:26:44 AM »
I don't remember.

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 02:30:54 AM »
was never a Pac fan, so it never died
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 03:37:50 AM »
Um, in case you didn't realise, hiphop is very much still alive and kicking, you just need to go a little deeper than the stuff you hear on the radio and see on MTV 24/7.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 04:02:22 AM »
Um, in case you didn't realise, hiphop is very much still alive and kicking, you just need to go a little deeper than the stuff you hear on the radio and see on MTV 24/7.

co-sign...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 04:14:33 AM »
The G the R the O the U the P the I the E... groupieeee, you'se a groupieeeeee!!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2004, 04:27:20 AM »
Some white people said big deal... "Just another dead nigger who sold drugs and rapped out violence."═ But to real hiphop heads he was a revolutionary, I heard he was our generations James Deen.

::)

lain_83

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2004, 04:35:31 AM »

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 05:22:26 AM »
lol at this topic

if hiphop died 09/13/96, why does your name say "1985-2001"? And for the record, hiphop's been around way longer than since 1985...

I used to be a big Pac fan and i still like his music. You can believe in what you want as for him being dead or not, but saying his death was the death of hiphop is a clear symptom of groupie syndrome. Pac was an important artist and he might have the largest cult following in hiphop, yet his music was neither ground-breaking and very influential, nor the last of some certain type of hiphop ever, so saying hiphop died with him lacks any valid point to back it up

there's no day hiphop died. I never knew how well-thought out Kweli's line really was. but there's nothing that really indicates something you can call death, it's just changed and is changing constantly and while it might do so for the worse, it's still stupid to call it 'DEAD' IMO

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 05:24:51 AM »

co-sign...
co-co-sign...  :D

the truth is.. dont let -anyone- tell you what hiphop is.. find it for yourself..

coz hiphop isn't about following trends..

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 07:11:47 AM »

co-sign...
co-co-sign...  :D

the truth is.. dont let -anyone- tell you what hiphop is.. find it for yourself..

coz hiphop isn't about following trends..

exactly.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2004, 07:18:29 AM »
Where was I the day hip-hop died?

I was snorting 6 lines of coke off a toilet seat in a Port-O-Potty in downtown Miami.  I remember that day as if it were yesterday.

Wait...that did happen yesterday.  ;D

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2004, 07:20:33 AM »
^hahahahah

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004, 09:30:41 AM »
its obvious you are one of those white boy elitists who only listens to nerd rap, so im not buying your story. hiphop will never die. it just evolved. deal with it, you lame fuck.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2004, 11:46:15 AM »
its obvious you are one of those white boy elitists who only listens to nerd rap

i don't think so. those will not worship Pac and tell you hiphop died with him