Author Topic: somehow it seems i'm starting to stop feeling hiphop...............  (Read 502 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: somehow it seems i'm starting to stop feeling hiphop...............
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2004, 07:39:16 PM »
HIP-HOP IS DEAD

This thread further proves the new theory that's going around, that hip-hop is infact dead.  If it was all about lyrics it would have almost died back in the early 90's, and if it was all about beats, it might have died shortly after the "2001" Dre album.

Like the origional post said, we used to be checking for every new rap act that came out.  It seemed everyone brought something unique to the table.

I say... Bring back the Black Power hip-hop![/i]

And I'm talking about the 1980's Black Power Hip-hop.  That modern day Wyclef John makeover is too selfrighteous and for my taste. 

Bring back psuedo-science of the X-Clan, bring back the black power hip-hop!  Wise Intelligent, Rakim, Brand Nubian, Black Moon, Afrika Bambatta (one of the founders) KRS-1, and Paris (although some of these cats are still around)

Although at times it controdicts itself and is borderline pendantic, bring back the Black Power hip-hop. Bring back the authoratative bassos and "vainglorious" grooves.  Sure, most groups were riddled with contradictions and their Nubian garb of nose rings, ankh jewelry, wooden canes, and black leather Morracan fezzes.. Hey I know some of that is about as African as an Afro, but their embrace of the red, black, and green was more thought out than any of their contempararies (save for Dead Prez).

Hip-Hop Is Dead Right Now.  So Bring Back the Black Power Hip-Hop!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

davida.b.

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2004, 07:43:52 PM »
HIP-HOP IS DEAD

This thread further proves the new theory that's going around, that hip-hop is infact dead.  If it was all about lyrics it would have almost died back in the early 90's, and if it was all about beats, it might have died shortly after the "2001" Dre album.

Like the origional post said, we used to be checking for every new rap act that came out.  It seemed everyone brought something unique to the table.

And I'm talking about the 1980's Black Power Hip-hop.  That modern day Wyclef John makeover is too selfrighteous and for my taste. 

Bring back psuedo-science of the X-Clan, bring back the black power hip-hop!  Wise Intelligent, Rakim, Brand Nubian, Black Moon, Afrika Bambatta (one of the founders) KRS-1, and Paris (although some of these cats are still around)

Although at times it controdicts itself and is borderline pendantic, bring back the Black Power hip-hop. Bring back the authoratative bassos and "vainglorious" grooves.  Sure, most groups were riddled with contradictions and their Nubian garb of nose rings, ankh jewelry, wooden canes, and black leather Morracan fezzes.. Hey I know some of that is about as African as an Afro, but their embrace of the red, black, and green was more thought out than any of their contempararies (save for Dead Prez).

Kill, please don't end up like this fucktard.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2004, 09:28:56 PM »
yall can say stick to underground hip hop all you want, but still...it would be nice to turn on the radio & hear something other the club or love songs by the same fuckin artist (Lil Jon, G-Unit, Nelly, etc)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2004, 09:33:17 PM »
yall can say stick to underground hip hop all you want, but still...it would be nice to turn on the radio & hear something other the club or love songs by the same fuckin artist (Lil Jon, G-Unit, Nelly, etc)

exactly

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2004, 09:53:54 AM »
HIP-HOP IS DEAD

Kill, please don't end up like this fucktard.

don't worry, that's not the direction i'm heading in. This ^^ is stupid nostalgia bs about how it used to be, golden era, base value in rap blahblahblah...even tho i wish there were Illmatics, Cuban Linx's and Mecca And The Soul Brothers and of course also It Takes A Nation Of Millions's and Soul Food's coming out today, i'm not glorifying the past and demonizing the present, let alone in such a dumb way. I'm just noticing how my taste seems to be changing and how i'm not relating to shit like i used to. Infinite, living in his phantasy, of course missed the point completly

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2004, 10:02:34 AM »
HIP-HOP IS DEAD

Guess who came through next, X-Clan debuted
+Professor X+ ("Vanglorious") exist in a state of
+red, black, and green with a KEY, SISSIES!+
Now with this bein the new trend, we don't fit in
Crackers is out, with "Cactus Albums," blackness is in
African symbols and medallions, represent black power
And we ain't know what it meant, me and my man Howard
and Butter would go to the mall
with them all over our necks like we're showin 'em off
Not knowin at all we was bein laughed at
"You ain't even half black; you ain't 'posed to have that
 homey, let me grab that, and that Flava Flav clock
 we gon' have to snatch that," all I remember is meetin back at
Manics's basement, sayin how we hate this
How racist but dope the X-Clan's tape is
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2004, 12:29:24 PM »
i know exactly how you feel man...recently, ive started getting bored with pretty much everything ive heard...for me, this year wasnt that great...with the exception of a few...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2004, 12:36:57 PM »
i know exactly how you feel man...recently, ive started getting bored with pretty much everything ive heard...for me, this year wasnt that great...with the exception of a few...

but is there anything you listen to instead of that?

same goes to the others who feel similar....