Author Topic: Introducing: Reazn & Malverde  (Read 75 times)

SGV

Introducing: Reazn & Malverde
« on: November 23, 2004, 03:13:51 PM »

Hailing from North East Los Angeles, in the city of Highland Park, comes this bilingual wonder, known as Reazn. When I first met Reazn in August at the Latin Rap Conference in San Diego, we chopped game about Hip Hop and life in general, and clicked right away. He likes everyone from the Dungeon Family to Too Short, not to mention he lives the B-Boy lifestyle. He breaks, he emcees and he graf's, retaining 3 of Hip Hop's key elements. He's not just some Chicano Rapper you hear on Pocos Pero Locos.

Flipping in English and Spanish, Reazn is a rarity in the Hip Hop game. He's no slouch in either language, when he busts, he's as serious as cancer. On his album La Razon De Ser, translated as Reason Being, he touches on the streets, his life, growth and a number of other social concepts that are rarely touched upon in Hip Hop, especially in Latin Hip Hop. His album is tough, I bumped it the weekend I got it, and haven't stopped yet. I conducted a real short Mini Interview outside of Sinful of Tha Mexakinz' album release party with Reazn. Peep that to get insight from the man himself. I'll put text up for it soon, and believe me, I'll bring a more in depth interview soon, as well.

Here is 3 songs from his album, so you can hear what he's working with. First is the catchy Espanol O Ingles, then we got, exactly what the title suggests, something new in the track Algo Nuevo and last but not least, Reazn invites you into his life with Welcome To My World. If you enjoyed these tracks, or want to hear more of Reazn, you can cop the album for 10 dollars or listen to a few more tracks here.

Shouts to the whole Contraband Records crew!!!

Now I'm going to take you just East of Los Angeles, into the Desert area, in a VERY important city in California, for the growth of Latinos, called Coachella. Here we find Malverde. He brings an amazing presence on the mic. He flips his raps in Spanish like no other. The first time I heard his album I was hooked. His rhymes are intelligent, yet understandable and rather catchy. I also conducted a Mini Interview with the man outside of Sinful's release party, so go ahead and listen to that to hear more from him and who he is. Much like with Reazn, we'll bring you a more indepth interview with Malverde soon. He has a lot to say, and DubCNN is willing to be the outlet for that.

On to his album. Mi Palabra, which means "My Word," contains 13 tracks, fully in Spanish. Even though some of you may not be able to understand Spanish, the production WILL catch your attention, without a doubt. He carries a militant mindset, with the ability to move the crowd. He pays his respects for the man he got his name from, Jesus Malverde, as well as brings to light issues he's lived with and many others who came up as he did, have lived with. To get a taste of Malverde, here's three tracks, as well:

The title track, Mi Palabra, the infectious Sonador and finally the insightfull Asi So Yo.

If you enjoyed those tracks, make sure you head to his Official Site and cop the album.

Both of these artists are performing tonight at the House Of Blues on the Sunset Strip. I strongly suggest peeping this show out, to not only see them, but Crooked Stilo, Kemo, Mellow Man Ace and others.

Latin Hip Hop is here, and it ain't a game anymore!!! Latinos stand the fuck up!

www.DubCNN.com

Leave Feedback, negative or positive!

SGV

Re: Introducing: Reazn & Malverde
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 06:18:44 AM »
Thanks for sleeping assholes.  ::)

West Coast my ass...

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 06:21:22 AM »
Thanks for sleeping assholes. ::)

West Coast my ass...

don't trip, dubcnn went down about 5 minutes after you put the update up, and went back up about 5 minutes ago... don't trip.

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 06:22:33 AM »
i wanna check those cats out, but dubCNN is down.  :'(

EDIT: the page is running again, so im checkin it rite now
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 06:24:08 AM by tuker0 »

The Watcher

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 06:27:16 AM »
i started learning spanish a few months ago.. will be interesting to see what it sounds like on a track.. i wil check this out
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

SGV

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 03:29:22 PM »
Wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SGV

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 08:03:59 AM »
6 MP3's, 2 mini interviews, and yet, people are STILL sleeping. Horrible.