Author Topic: More proof white artists owe a debt to African American culture  (Read 374 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: More proof white artists owe a debt to African American culture
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2004, 11:15:37 AM »

dont forget you guys.. this guy is white too..

He probably figured a few years ago that he had ancestors that were slave masters and felt guilty, so he joined Islam because for some reason it makes him feel less like of a culprit, and he gives 1000x more credit to black people then even the most afro centric nut cases in the world.

Infinite- It's not your fault. Get over it. Blacks used to enslve people too. It has nothing to do with skin color. Rich people like to stay rich, and to stay rich they have to keep the poor down.

Leggy Hendrix

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2004, 12:53:50 PM »
I don't even know why I looked in this thread.  Why argue with this clown?

I guess while I'm here I'll call for a...
BAN[/size]
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2004, 02:29:24 PM »
I'm not here to polotic with you all.  There are far better avenues available for enlightened discussions on social issues.  I am only here because this forum still represents the illest hip-hop discussion forum on the net.  If you have anything personal you need to discuss with me, you can contact me through a Personal Message.  Otherwise, I am here strictly to speak on hip-hop, the music I once loved before it's untimely death at the turn of the millenium.

As for my thoughts on hip-hop music.  If you disagree, try to be more patient in your responses and less aggressive, this will pave the way for a more balanced discussion.  If you do not wish to do so, then so be it, it's still the best rap discussion forum on the net, even if I didn't post here, I would still have to visit to read up on all the past and present hip-hop news.

I won't reply to any of the comments on this thread because they all strayed too far away from the subject of hip-hop.  And all these false accusations about me blaming everything on the white man and saying that African's invented everything are too far out of reach for me to even reply.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2004, 02:34:58 PM »
read your first post again.. look at the condescending attitude..  "class dismissed".. what the hell is that?

do you see other people with that kind of attitude here?

look back.. people were tripping on your posts **before** they knew it was "that crazy dude infinite"...

check yourself!

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2004, 02:47:58 PM »
ban him seer  :monkey_piss:

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2004, 02:58:27 PM »
Infinite you're a hypocrit. It's midnight here, so i won't get into it deeply, but to say it in the most basic way possible, you provoke ("class dismissed"...cocky muhfucka) and state your personal views in the most apodictic way possible. Assuming that this won't result in hate and reactions of equally aggressive contrariness would be quite stupid of you, so for you to come up with those seemingly calm replies to it trying to tame everybody and at the same time telling them how you won't even argue on that level is really quite fucking hypocritical...so, bottom line, unless you get rid of your fundamentalism, cockiness and narrow-mindedness, stop posting. From all I can tell you won't get rid of your fundamentalism, cockiness and narrow-mindedness ever. So stop posting
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 03:07:32 PM by Kill »

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2004, 03:21:50 PM »
I won't reply to any of the comments on this thread because they all strayed too far away from the subject of hip-hop.  And all these false accusations about me blaming everything on the white man and saying that African's invented everything are too far out of reach for me to even reply.

A) In your first post you point out that white arists such as Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock (where are they now?) stole elements of  "African American Culture meaning Hip-Hop. There is absolute no argument from me or if im not mistaken from anyone in this thread. My argument is that no matter what culture you are from you can make claims that your culture has influenced another.  Did Anthrax all of a sudden start makin claims to the world that Public Enemy owes them a debt of gratitude for being on the same track with them (Bring The Noise) or vice versa? I could go on and on how rock has been introduced into hip-hop aswell as the other way around. That point is irrelavent.

B) The biased nature of Rolling Stone...Again, yes it is biased but my point should be clear to you..Rolling STone was created for people who wanted to read about all things rock...just as you say you come here to catch up on hip-hop news. You dont turn on Country Music Television expecting to learn about the next Gangstarr album do you? Thiat argument too is irrelavent.

c) You claim that the bajo was imported here during slavery. You know what? You might be right I have no clue. But may i ask what that has to do with hip-hop?. You then claim that white music would not have been the same without it.  thas where the  condescending attitude OverSeer mentioned comes into play. Baseless accusations such as these is what i think got you "aggresive responses" to this thread. Irrelavent and pointless.

So refuse to respond to mine or others  posts if you want but if anyone has strayed from the realm of talking about hip-hop read your first post again and than tell me who strayed.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2004, 11:29:40 PM »
i stopped reading this post when dude said "limp bizkit and kid rock have had RESORT BACK to doing hip hop in order to stay relavent"

::scratches head::

i'm sorry buddy but kid rock has progessively become more and MORE and MOOOOOOORE country and southern rock with each album he has put out

Fred Durst has said on Ultimateguitar.com that he is through with rapping and limp bizkit's last two hits have been attempts to be The Who with their cover of behind blue eyes

wtf

i hate it when people say "white people try to be black  " or "black people are superior musicians"  the fact of the matter is white people are just as skilled as blacks when it comes to music

fucking take rock and roll

the og of that genre is chuck berry .....great guitarist , then along comes all these copy cats like clapton, townsend, page, and iommi who can blast that fool out of the water
then comes hendrix ....revolutionized the guitar and smoked every one........oh but wait then along came Eddie Van Halen who re-revolutionized the guitar and opened the flood gates for people like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, kirk hammett, George Lynch , and many other guitar virtuosos who could kick hendrix's ass ......

i'm not taking away from any black artist but it pisses me of when people say one race is superior in music......it's just ridiculous how ignorant people are to music. go to itally and there are string players who are just the SHIT, go to spain and they're so awesome with brass and strings, go to south america and they're fucking genious with wood winds, go to fucking anywhere in the world and you got kick ass musicians . take a trip to Nashville some day and then come back and tell me if white people suck at music...

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2004, 11:34:56 PM »
Fuck Whitey!!!!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2004, 12:24:10 AM »
I only have one thing to say in this topic: It's just music, enjoy it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2004, 06:39:42 AM »

Damn, Alicia keyes is starting to Whore it up a little bit, heh?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »

Damn, Alicia keyes is starting to Whore it up a little bit, heh?

that's an older picture. When she first came out, they were trying to figure out her image. Now I think they are just settled on her being a classy singer. I of course love Alicia anyway she is. And she's half white... so hopefully on day I'll really get to fuck whitey... at least half a whitey... lol  :D

Trauma-san

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2004, 06:30:38 PM »
Urh... no.  no, you won't.