Author Topic: need sum help with AIM  (Read 78 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
need sum help with AIM
« on: December 06, 2004, 01:33:32 AM »
hey. to all the computer freaks in here, i need soem help with my AIM. whenever i try to log on to AIM or Yahoo instant messenger or any other program like that from my college library, it doesn't do it, but it connects perfectly from my dorm with the same laptop. What is the reason for this, and is there any way to avoid this? This is pissing me off because i need some help from a friend on AIM, but the shit isn't connecting. OK, thanks for any help you guys can come up with.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

ecrazy

Re: need sum help with AIM
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 01:37:02 AM »
I dont think anyone should help him since we're all "Computer Freaks"!!

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 02:20:39 PM »
I dont think anyone should help him since we're all "Computer Freaks"!!

naw, but not in a derogatory sense. COmputer Freak = someone who loves computers and knows them, like a hip-hop freak is someone who loves hip hop

tommyilromano

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 04:59:06 PM »
hey. to all the computer freaks in here, i need soem help with my AIM. whenever i try to log on to AIM or Yahoo instant messenger or any other program like that from my college library, it doesn't do it, but it connects perfectly from my dorm with the same laptop. What is the reason for this, and is there any way to avoid this? This is pissing me off because i need some help from a friend on AIM, but the shit isn't connecting. OK, thanks for any help you guys can come up with.

It probably has a firewall or proxy server running. You are gonna have to figure out what it is so you can put the proxy server settings in aim. They may block that shit to but i know at work we have a proxy server and i had to reconfigure all my shit for it.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 09:33:41 PM »
FUUUUUUCK. Thanks for makin it clear though

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 05:40:27 PM »
You gotta change the port number...Try 344 or 334 or something.