Author Topic: Pac is the top selling hiphop artist of all time...  (Read 691 times)

israelihiphop

Re: Pac is the top selling hiphop artist of all time...
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2004, 02:53:57 AM »
^that's a matter of taste.. Technically, Em owns Pac. His lyrics are more complex and his beats are better.

I think em's beats are repetitive and boring, but liek you said it's all a matter of taste so i ain't gonan hate, but i will break it down as i see it:

lyrically - eminem
flow/delivery - 2pac
subject matter - 2pac
charisma - 2pac
voice - 2pac

really lyrics is the only category i'd give to eminem, and when i mean lyrically i'm jsut saying technically em is a better lyricisty but to me 2pacs lyrics are much better because they have meaning and they are deep lyrics that i can relate to, so theres my view on this.

Em's flow shits all over Pac's...I'm a fan of both tho, Pac is the GOAT mos defintitely but Eminem's flow is just bananas, I think he's concentrated too much on that and his lyrics have gone to hell, Pac had the better voice and charisma and since Em's lyrics are garbage now I would lyrically give the edge to Pac since I never heard Pac come wack lyrically on any song...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2004, 05:14:27 AM »
^that's a matter of taste.. Technically, Em owns Pac. His lyrics are more complex and his beats are better.

I think em's beats are repetitive and boring, but liek you said it's all a matter of taste so i ain't gonan hate, but i will break it down as i see it:

Im not talking about Em's own beats. I mean, even if they suck, they are still better then Pac's own beats since Pac didnt have any own beats lol. What I was saying is the beats Em uses for his Songs are usually better than Pacs. Johnny J might be cool and all but hey DrDre is a pure legend.

When it comes to delivery and charisma, Pac can't be touched by any Rapper whatsoever, obviously. Subject matter is a matter of pure taste, however Encore obviously sucked when it comes to the topics, but in general Em can write about deeper themes too.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Traumatized

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2004, 05:47:03 AM »

Im not talking about Em's own beats. I mean, even if they suck, they are still better then Pac's own beats since Pac didnt have any own beats lol.

Pac produced sometracks on The 7 Day Theory, Made Niggaz and Runnin' On E too. His beats were so fuckin' tight. EVERY of 'Pac's beats shits on a Eminem production.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2004, 05:57:08 AM »
hmm not including encore.... when encore is gonna count he will make it to 1st...

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2004, 07:40:55 AM »
lol@ comparing eminem to 2pac... 2pac shits all over eminem..

2pac "hail mary" >>> eminem's career

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2004, 09:46:55 AM »
2pac produced alot of the "7 Day Theory" and "Thug Life: Volume 1" albums and his producing skills kills ems anyday.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2004, 10:15:21 AM »
lol@ comparing eminem to 2pac... 2pac shits all over eminem..

2pac "hail mary" >>> eminem's career

true story. Pac wipes the floor with Em in every category possible. Em himself will admit this....he aint even worthy of being mentioned in the same SENTENCE as Pac.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2004, 10:50:52 AM »
Eminem's sales peak ended. He sold a lot of MMLP and Eminem Show, but Encore is not making the noice as before, and honestly, I think Eminem has so much respect for 'Pac he'd help 'Pac stay the highest selling artist of rap. Proof, producing Loyal to the Game for free.

Now, for 2Pac vs. Eminem, 2Pac right after getting out of jail and joining Death Row was by far the greatest year any rapper ever had. He released a widely regarded classic (I personally give it 4.5) and released an undoubted classic (Makaveli). Also he made 2 movies and recorded coutless unreleased songs and was in the highest profile beef in the history of rap music. Even if neither person was shot, both would be remembered for their beef. Eminem, or any other rapper has ever had a year like 2Pac '96. And before that, he only had one classic album (Me Against the World), two very good albums, some songs that will live in hip-hop eternity, (Dear Mama, Keep Your Head Up, So Many Tears, Pour Out A Little Liquor, Pain) and died as he was just entering the peek of his career. To say Eminem is better than 'Pac is laughable.

Flow - 2Pac
Lyricals - Eminem
Content - 2Pac
Charisma - 2pac
Ability to Make Classic Songs - 2Pac

You can say whatever about 'Pac dying boosting his sales, if Eminem wasn't white he wouldn't even sell half of what he did. If you don't believe me, ask him. Bottomline, 2Pac is the highest selling artist ever, when they had the BET countdown of the top 50, they talked about everyone, but in the end 2Pac was number 1 and they ended by simply saying, in the end lyrics beat is the main factor, number 1 2Pac. R.I.P. to the GOAT. His record will be broken someday, but nothing will ever take away his the greatest rapper of all time.

SGV

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2004, 11:30:23 AM »
LOL @ Lyrics are more complex.

Busdriver's lyrics are more complex than Eminem. So you're saying: Busdriver >> Eminem >> Tupac? Aight then!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2004, 03:08:06 AM »
eminem is a better rhyming lyracist but pac is the best poetic lyracist

and here is the numbers by PEOPLE BOUGHT

2pacolypse-1.5 million people bought this album
S4mniggaz-2 million poeple bought this album
thug life- 2 million people bought this album
me against the world-5 million bought this album
aeom-6 million people bought this album
greatest hits-4. 5 million bought this album
makaveli-4.5 million bought this album
r u still down-1.5 million bought this album
still i rise- 1million bought this album
until the end of time-1. 5 million
better dayz-1.5 million
new one forgot the name-gold

2pac has sold roughly 31 -32 million albums

eminem

sslp-4.5 million
mmlp-9 million
devils' night-2 million
em show-7.5 million
d12 world-gold
encore-3million

emeinem has sold roughly 26-27 million

lol i don't know how a couple of you can say eminem will never catch 2pac, the world would have to end for this to happen , even if em died he'd still catch pac 32 minus 27 is only one or two albums away

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09