Author Topic: Mercenaries...  (Read 229 times)

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
Mercenaries...
« on: January 09, 2005, 03:51:09 PM »
i know yall have seen the previews for it already.  it looks like it might be pretty cool.  everybody i know who has played the demo says that it rocks.  release date says tomorrow... yall think it's gonna be any good?
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: Mercenaries...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 05:03:51 PM »
im gonna get this for sure  8)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Thirteen

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 04:12:45 AM »
 :eh:

i've made two thread about this game in early december....i knew this was going to be a hot game WAAAAAY before the demo came out and Es El was the only one that posted some feedback...i thought the rest of you were going to sleep on this game...props VZA

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 05:52:29 PM »
yeah, i just happened to catch the commercial and it looked pretty good.  people on message boards seem to be lovin the demo.  i'm gonna see if they got it at the store tomorrow and i'll tell you how it is.  last game i bought was halo 2 so it's about time to upgrade.
<--my future wifey

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 08:11:22 PM »
oh don't worry, i'll be picking this and resident evil 4 up tomorrow.... halo 2's multiplayer is even very boring now

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 11:18:23 AM »
oh don't worry, i'll be picking this and resident evil 4 up tomorrow.... halo 2's multiplayer is even very boring now

what the...i thought Merc comes out on thursday???!! how you get it tomorrow?

at Best Buy Resident Evil4 comes witht he first resident evil...i really need to get a game cube

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 07:56:28 PM »
first impressions after completing the first level:
story seems pretty decent if you're into a war kind of scenario.  controls are good but could be a tad better.  i liked driving and running enemies over more than i did shooting them.  seems like the game has a lot to explore (keep in mind that this is only an impression).  overall it seems like a pretty solid game but not quite worth $50 to me.  maybe a rental or wait for the price to come down a bit.  like i said though, this is only my first impression after completing the first level... maybe things will pick up a bit later on.  stay tuned.

the game was supposed to release on thursday but gamestop and eb games are usually good about getting games before the release date.
<--my future wifey

Thirteen

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 08:00:07 AM »
I'm  Loving this game after playing about 5-6 hours. Graphics are great, music, sound effects and voice acting are all great...environments are lush and full of variety... tons of military vehicles and weapons...it's great to explore and just happen upon an old military complex to find hidden items, one time i even stumbled upon some kind of black market deal which left one of the 52 wanted terrorists dead, and the culprits trying to get away in a flatbed truck full of money

there's tons of side missions just like GTA. collect hidden weapons WMD's, destroy the statues erected by the evil dictator, return cars to the russian mafia chop shop, and collect hidden korean national treasures all to unlock more weapons and vehicles. plus there's races, time events, timed battle challenges, taxi missions....

playing each of the 4 factions against each other works pretty well.... i snuck onto a chinese fuel depot with a sniper rifle....looked around and noticed the chinese and north koreans were at a stand off on the boarder of a territory... one good sniper shot to a north korean enraged a battle between the two forces where soldiers and tanks took turns blowing the hell out of each other...all rendered beautifully with no slow down...about 5 tanks and about 2 dozen soldiers...it was great. little skirmishes break out all the time and it's cool to just see destruction happening when ever

the only thing missing is a good story, it would be nice to have each of the 52 to have a little story or cut scene involved before their capture... i mean the game is great as it is but it takes off about a full point just because there seems to be no reason why you're capturing these guys and blowing shit up except for the money....you don't find out why these guys are important until after you capture them, and even then it's just a small paragraph or two of reading

so far i'm loving this game and haven't really wanted to touch resident evil 4 yet...i don't like mixing games together and it looks like mercenaries will keep me occupied for a while

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 07:24:49 PM »
im getting this friday ;D