Author Topic: The Mars Volta  (Read 118 times)

davida.b.

The Mars Volta
« on: January 04, 2005, 06:19:43 PM »
I first heard these guys on "A Day In The Life" by the Handsome Boy Modeling School, and they were the highlight of the song, so I checked out snippets of their album De-Loused In The Comatorium, as well as watched some of their music videos, and I must say, these guys are the shit!!!!!!!!!

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Mars Volta
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 07:31:09 AM »
yeah, Mars Volta is dope, but i never REALLY got into them

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 11:29:19 AM »
if you like them check out At The Drive In and Sparta.....At The Drive In Was A Band That consisted of members of mars volta & sparta...then they split up to form the 2 bands....personally i dont like at the drive in....sparta is great though

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 02:33:08 PM »
Pretty dope group.. I dont listen to much of them though

davida.b.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 04:14:16 PM »
if you like them check out At The Drive In and Sparta.....At The Drive In Was A Band That consisted of members of mars volta & sparta...then they split up to form the 2 bands....personally i dont like at the drive in....sparta is great though

I've heard a few songs by At The Drive in, they were pretty cool. I've heard of Sparta, but I never heard any songs by them.

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 05:01:37 PM »

I've heard a few songs by At The Drive in, they were pretty cool. I've heard of Sparta, but I never heard any songs by them.

My favorite sparta song is actually the first track from their newest album "porcelain"...its called "The Guns Of Memorial Park"...check it out its a great song

Rick

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Kweli
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 07:06:54 PM »
I never really felt At The Drive-In but Sparta and The Mars Volta are the shit.

The thing I like most about TMV is that their albums are concept albums; De-Loused In The Comatorium is supposedly all about a friend of theirs who died. It tells the story of his "travels" as he approaches death. It's pretty fuckin nuts when you look into it, it's really interesting too.

Their new album is called Frances the Mute, it leaked on IRC a few weeks back and its just as good as De-Loused. Again it's a concept album but I don't have a clue what it's about. Anyways, it comes out some time in March, you guys should check it out.

ecrazy

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 10:11:20 PM »
I was into At The Drive in back in 9th grade...I just heard about sparta and Mars Volta, I like Mars Volta better, I just like Cedric on the Vocals, i personally think his voice is the shit....I still perfer At the drive in over both the new bands