Author Topic: Producer Needlz Talks About 50 Cent's "Piggybank"  (Read 278 times)

Mr. Humonculous

Producer Needlz Talks About 50 Cent's "Piggybank"
« on: January 25, 2005, 09:17:59 AM »
Though much of the hip-hop community has heard of 50 Cent's rumored dis record "Piggybank," not many have actually heard the mysterious track, not even the song's producer Needlz, who prefers to stay neutral amidst the controversy.

"I've heard about the song, but I mean, outside of that, I heard he's coming at Ja [Rule] and Fat Joe [but] as far as the record, I don't have any problems with anybody," Needlz told AllHipHop.com, laughing and admitting that he hasn't listened to "Piggybank" yet.

While Needlz chooses to remain diplomatic, 50 has decided on lyrical warfare, with verses reportedly aimed at Shyne, Jadakiss, Nas, and Kelis among others.

The Associated Press recently identified lyrics directed toward Bronx rapper Fat Joe: "You thought "Lean Back' was big in the club/My (album) did 11 mil, your (album) was a dud."

Maintaining his innocence in the matter, however, Needlz says the concept behind "Piggybank" is all 50's.

"I have nothing to do with the [lyrics], but I submitted the beat. 50 wrote what he wrote to it," said Needlz, who is also responsible for the new BET "Rap City" theme. "He felt however he felt, it's freedom of speech."

50's free speech has compelled Hot 97 DJ Funkmaster Flex to not play "Piggybank" on his radio show, claiming it might incite fury.

The single is reminiscent of one of 50's earlier songs, "How to Rob," which also called out prominent hip-hop figures, including Jay-Z and DMX.

Needlz says he plans to continue producing G-Unit tracks despite his impartiality in the situation.

In addition to "Piggybank," the Michigan native produced Young Buck's "Bang, Bang," "Let Me In" and another song titled "Gotta Love My Style" off 50's upcoming Valentine's Day Massacre album.

Needlz is also behind the Game's track "Special" featuring Nate Dogg, which appears on Game's debut album, The Documentary.

From interning at Bad Boy Entertainment as part of NYU's Music Business graduate curriculum, Needlz hooked up with his future manager and has since produced for artists like David Banner, Ludacris, Jermaine Dupri, and Fabolous.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Producer Needlz Talks About 50 Cent's "Piggybank"
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 11:19:46 AM »
How can the producer of the song not heard it? That doesn't make sense. Maybe there's something in the production process I don't understand but if so someone enlighten me.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 11:30:41 AM »
How can the producer of the song not heard it? That doesn't make sense. Maybe there's something in the production process I don't understand but if so someone enlighten me.

maybe he just sold the beat finished

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 12:05:20 PM »
Most producers in the rap game rarely mix their own shit down with an artist's vocals. For example, in this case Needlz makes a set of beats, as they are. It's like the rough version of it, with just drums, bass and the main melody. Then, Needlz would sell them to 50 Cent or G-Unit and they have the beat from there. After recording the vocals, the Needlz produced song is then mixed by either an engineer or someone like Dr. Dre or Eminem, seeing as how they mix a gang of shit on these albums, even if they didn't produce it. Dre produced only 5 songs off The Documentary, and he mixed like 7 more tracks. By mixing, not just putting together the beat and the vocals, but like adding some music to it, like a bassline or a few strings here and there to make it sound hot.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 01:36:42 PM »
Most producers in the rap game rarely mix their own shit down with an artist's vocals. For example, in this case Needlz makes a set of beats, as they are. It's like the rough version of it, with just drums, bass and the main melody. Then, Needlz would sell them to 50 Cent or G-Unit and they have the beat from there. After recording the vocals, the Needlz produced song is then mixed by either an engineer or someone like Dr. Dre or Eminem, seeing as how they mix a gang of shit on these albums, even if they didn't produce it. Dre produced only 5 songs off The Documentary, and he mixed like 7 more tracks. By mixing, not just putting together the beat and the vocals, but like adding some music to it, like a bassline or a few strings here and there to make it sound hot.

props for the info
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 02:19:11 PM »
No doubt man, anytime.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 02:24:50 PM »
Maybe the song doesn't even exist  :D.. that would rule so hard.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 03:01:32 PM »
I dont like how this song got a huge ass buzz but we dont even know if it exist
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 06:32:09 PM »
I dont like how this song got a huge ass buzz but we dont even know if it exist

yeah that doesnt make sense maybe it doesnt exist cuz i would have been seen it on the mixtapes i buy daily

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 05:35:13 AM »
this song has so huge hype and no1 havent even heard it yet,, damn good marketing from interscope/aftermath.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 08:07:41 AM »
Im sure this song is dissapointing.

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 12:15:03 AM »
How can 50 even waste his time dissing these people:
Shyne's in jail
Fat joe has no support. And dickrides pun.
Jadakiss is not even worth mentioning in a song
Ja Rule is officially the biggest joke to rap

Nas...now nas can murder this fool...u saw him on ether..i would be the happiest dude if he made an ether 2

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2005, 07:25:38 AM »
I hope nas dont ignore  the battle

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2005, 07:37:41 AM »