Author Topic: Hip Hop has become boring, dont you think?  (Read 365 times)

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
Re: Hip Hop has become boring, dont you think?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 01:15:07 PM »
Ok seriousily...i pretty much listen to old hip-hop shit...most of the cd's i buy are hiphop..but they're some old cds...

Same here. There's still so many dope cds from back in the day that I still gots to check and enjoy...

SGV

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005, 01:19:30 PM »
I picked up The Team and Dirty Rats albums. Those are dope. Once we ALL get out of the old rapper phase, Hip Hop will become enjoyable again.

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2005, 03:21:55 PM »
I remember even back 3 or 4 years ago, I would love to listen to a Lil C Style album, now he's released one last year and I havent even downloaded, bought or listened to a single track off it. I don't even know if I can be bothered to download that new Daz album. I didnt bother getting any of the Snoop Dogg Chuuuch mixtapes, 213 album bores the life out of me. I think there is so much material around now, its just one thing after another, mixtapes etc. Westcoast rap has become sloppy imo.

well all those you mentioned are very similar, you might just need some more variety.. some hardcore, some deep, some whatever.. the 213 album doesn't do shit for me neither, let alone the chuuuch mixtapes..

RJD2 - F.H.H. [Fuck HipHop (fits your current state of mind too. ), rjd2 is the producer, the mc is Jakki Da Motamouth, he's dope as fuck]
Doomsday Productions - 4 Minute Murda
Fu-Schnickens - Sneakin' Up On Ya
Gravediggaz - Today's Mathematics
Royal Fam - ACID

^^ some random really dope tracks from the top of my head, very different too, download em maybe it'll help you to get over the phase (which it doubless is, I don't think it's possible to be too old for hiphop, there's too much variety in it)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 03:35:06 PM »
I quickly get bored with most of the new shit that comes out nowadays for sure.  I'll listen to the CD once or twice, but then I pop that CD from 1995 or 1996 back in the deck and continue bumping that.  IMO the quality of the music now is WAY down.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 03:38:39 PM »
Maybe your problem is just that you don't like the 2005 hiphop sound as much as you liked it back in 1995 or whenever. I feel you on that one. It seems like classics aren't made anymore, but there's enough "good" albums out there right now. Maybe you're just getting too old, but I don't think so ;D

i co-sign with that...

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2005, 04:36:08 PM »
i've always been into redman and erick sermon material but just in the past week got into the Def Squad album El Nino, that shit is so tight, the beats and rhymes are dope as hell...it's albums like that, that still keeps me interested...you should check the new canibus mixtape with nottz that shit is pretty tight as well, gives me high hopes for the nottz and canibus collabo album soon to be released, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 04:50:21 PM »
Yes, its getting very boring. Hopefully things will change.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 06:18:54 PM »
Hip Hop has become boring, dont you think?
no

topshotta

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2005, 02:38:10 AM »
Yeah Que, you got any suggestions on what other cds to pick up that are worth checkin out?

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2005, 11:19:57 AM »
do you know how many times this gets asked?

just dont turn into a fan of that nerd rap bullshit, that seems to be getting bigger on these boards.

i figure one of these new age backpacking websites got shut down, so they all ran here...

I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2005, 01:16:56 PM »
I think you should get into some different kind, if all you're listening to is the mainstream, then yeah, that gets boring fast, gangstas bitches and gats on every song?

Get into underground ;D

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2005, 01:58:45 AM »
i agree, it got very boring. and no i didnt listen to mainstream shit when i liked rap. get into the hardcore rock

kick ass album

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2005, 07:27:38 AM »
Yeah, Hiphop is very boring to me. In fact, I haven't seen any impact on hiphop since Eminem's Slim Shady LP. That whole era, Mobb Deep, Rage against the Machine, Biggie, Pac, and others made you think... what's next? Lately, one song  from a hiphop artist comes out give you a little buzz but nothing with longevity. I'm back to listening to Metal and Classic rock. Zeppelin, a life once lost, Meshuggah, with occassional flare up for old hiphop.