Author Topic: 50 Cent Talks About Irv Gotti's Arrest  (Read 329 times)

Mr. Humonculous

50 Cent Talks About Irv Gotti's Arrest
« on: January 27, 2005, 09:51:10 AM »
50 Cent Talks Frank About Irv Gotti's Arrest, The Tsunami Song Debacle & New Beef w/Jadakiss & Fat Joe

While prepping his sophomore release, watching his artist The Game do major numbers, and deading all competition, 50 Cent has a lot to talk about these days. And no doubt, SOHH.com was there, patiently waiting to hear every last word. Take a look as your favorite Hip-Hop site chops it up with 50 about The Inc. and the Feds, Jadakiss and Fat Joe, Hot 97's Morning Show, and his hometown NY.

Yesterday (Jan. 26), 50 Cent learned along with the rest of the world that Murder Inc. boss-man Irv Gotti turned himself in amidst federal racketeering, conspiracy, drug trafficking and money laundering charges. "What we have here is a bunch of idiots. Irv Gotti, Ja's manager, and Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff -notorious crack dealer from Queens all in jail," he says at first mockingly. "It's a sad story actually. It's a story about a guy that was blessed with the opportunity to make music and used music to make him appear to be the gangster he's not. [He was] associating himself with gangsters, got too involved with it. I guess he's a gangster now."

In fact, it seems that a lot of hip-hop personalities are getting in over their heads lately. New York City has been in an uproar ever since its flagship radio station Hot 97 came under fire last week for a skit that made fun of the tragic Asian tsunami. Always willing to shed some light, 50 says, "If Star and Buc Wild would have did that, it would have been okay, that's 'cause we listen to Star and Buc for that. I listen to them every morning. Miss Jones and them don't have the same energy. Some days they want to talk about something serious and then the next day you do something like this; people don't understand you. They think you're serious 'cause they don't know you to be like that."

Fiddy is himself no stranger to controversy over his behavior and knack for making fun of people. At last year's Summer Jam concert at Giants Stadium, he appeared to be a little annoyed at the New York crowd's lukewarm response. So much so that he taunted the audience "Oh ya'll not feeling me? I know ya'll feeling 50 Cent!" And then began taunting R. Kelly who was on the same bill. So what does 50 think about the fan criticism that's says he's gotten big-headed?

"You know what? At Summer Jam, I had just came back from touring overseas so I came from a place where the crowd really shows you when they're feeling you to New York. New York don't love their own people as much. They feel like when they see you that they're hot or their man is just as hot and they suppose to be doing what you're doing. They look at you from a critic's standpoint, not as a fan. And in a way, New York's love is not visible like in the South. In the South, you come on stage and ni99as started jumping around , acting wild and sh!t, taking off their shirts. In New York, a motherf#@$er will just look at you all day and nod and be like, 'Yeah, I'm feeling this cat,' and that's it.

One cat 50 ain't feeling is Ja Rule. And it doesn't help the matter that two NYC elite emcees hooked with Ja for the hit single "New York" in which Ja makes thinly veiled references to the G-Unit camp. "I think they should have known better," 50 says of Fat Joe and Jadakiss. " I think they should know the difference between rap beef and real beef. They from the same environment. They should know" he shared.

Earlier this month Fat Joe told andPOP.com "Although I'm Ja Rule's friend, Ja Rule has never told me, 'Yo, let's get 'em together.' I've never been involved with that so it's really weird that [50] would be coming at me, but I guess the guy feels he needs this type of hype whenever he comes out with his album or whatever and how more credible could you be then disrespecting Fat Joe?"

However 50 says otherwise. "In his head he's something special. What makes him count? Can we look at the Soundscan, please? I don't even think they're [Terror Squad] in the Top 20," 50 says as he grabs the report off the table. Then he points to where he put a mark next to Ja's album R.U.L.E. on the charts. "Look at this, Ja Rule's album did 538,355 in 10 weeks. Game's album [The Documentary] did 586,933 in 1 week!

On FunkMaster Flex's Hot 97 show, Kiss explained money was his motivation for the collabo. His Ruff Ryder fam Styles P. believe they were the underdogs in The House Jimmy Iovine Built. "We over here struggling, striving and happy to go one mil and get a mil in 'cause that's deep for us...He's selling 10 million records. If we in the same house with [him], who you think at the end of the day, if it gets out of control, they gonna lean toward? We ain't stupid. Automatically, he wins," P proclaimed.

50 agrees, "What he's saying is true. In business, who would you go with? The artist that sells 11 million or the artist that does 1 [million]? But I wouldn't even use that leverage, they can't even compete musically. I think it's an excuse not to compete."

After aiming his anger at Kiss and Crack on wax, 50 has yet to release the diss cut entitled "Piggy Bank." "I'm gonna released 'Piggy Bank' a week before my album. I'm not sure if its going to go on my album. It might just be something I leak to the streets cause I don't want anything considered 'beef' to overshadow what I did for this album."

On his second time around 50 stuck to his formula of witty lines, hot beats, catchy hooks, and a few appearances by his G-Unit family. "I got Eminem on a record, I got Olivia, I got G-Unit. Its all in-house. I almost did it by myself. Em was almost the only one on it with me til Banks and them started protesting . We did the remix also to Game's next single "Hate It Or Love It" with me, Banks, Buck, and Yayo."

sohh.com

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
Re: 50 Cent Talks About Irv Gotti's Arrest
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 10:16:59 AM »
dope interview
but i think his view of hot 97 is retarded
and it sounds like g-unit is gonna go the way of the dogg pound and their gonna sign to opposing labels and fight amongst each other

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 10:36:37 AM »
sounds like theirs no beef with game.. esp. since theres that remix.. and the rest of g-unit excluding spider on the track...

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 01:02:54 PM »
so love it or hate it is games next single, Yesss!

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 01:19:18 PM »
but i think his view of hot 97 is retarded

It just didn't make sense lol
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 01:56:08 PM »
yeah some of what 50 said in the article is on point, except for the part about hot 97
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 02:59:38 PM »
he's dumb and should keep his mouth shut before D-Block murder him...

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 03:37:39 PM »
oh shit..i must of missed something..Hate it Or Love is Game's next single?
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Caution2006

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 03:41:23 PM »
can't wait till hear that remix , it better be tighter than the original shit otherwise i will be dissapointed

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 03:51:08 PM »
can't wait till hear that remix , it better be tighter than the original shit otherwise i will be dissapointed

Bucks and Banks should easily kill that shit  8)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 04:36:28 PM »

Bucks and Banks should easily kill that shit  8)

i wanna hear yayo kill it. lookin forward to yayos album

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 10:06:06 PM »
he's dumb and should keep his mouth shut before D-Block murder him...
yup

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 01:41:06 AM »
so love it or hate it is games next single, Yesss!

hell yeah ...I love that song !

LMAO @ " yessss!" reminded me of nepoleon dynamyte!

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2005, 09:18:17 AM »
Nice read,good to see Piggybank is gonna get released regardless if its gonna be on the album or not.I love Hate It or Love It,good to see it being the next single.