Author Topic: Your Top 5 NBA teams (as of right now?)  (Read 506 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Your Top 5 NBA teams (as of right now?)
« on: February 04, 2005, 11:13:01 AM »
So its almost mid-season...sooooo time to start an NBA thread  ;D

MY top 5 NBA teams

1. Spurs - The elite stop and start with them
2. Heat - They're top in the east so i gotta put em second
3. Sonics - My american hometown team  ;D
4. Dallas - you can't spell Dirk without MVP (ok, this might not be funny..but shush)
5. Suns -  Without Nash, they are shit..with nash..they're incredible!

my biggest surprise this season...Timberwolves...so i guess it's time to trade Spree...

my mvp for the half of the season

Nash..you guys see the difference HE MAKES? i mean, jsut watch suns play without him..its two different teams!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Your Top 5 NBA teams (as of right now?)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 01:22:04 PM »
Suns - when the starting 5 isnt injured, there is no stoppin them.. but they arent very deep so if Nash is out, it's over. remember when they had a huge win streak, nash out, 6 loss straight, nash back 2 wins again.. bomb.. fuck mavs for having nash, dirk, finley, walker, jamison and not making noise..

Dallas - gotta show love.. but Im also quite disappointed with them, they always have such great players and still don't get on top.. I assume nelson  is horrible.. and avery is even worse.. fuck.

Heat - Shaq got better since the start of the season.. and Wade.. well we all know he's great.

Sonics - Deepness makes them what they are.

SPURS - BEST.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 01:36:36 PM »
Vancouver Grizzlies  :D.......................................... :'(

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
Vancouver Grizzlies  :D.......................................... :'(

HAHAHHAA!!! GONE BITCH!  :D
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ecrazy

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 02:30:09 PM »
1. Clippers (need i explain)
2. Suns (WOW! didnt see this coming last season)
3. Heat (Shaqs gonna take them to the finals vs. clippers)
4. Bulls (They came from shit last to 7th in the east, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE 1st HALF OF THE SEASON! complete 180 on everyone
5. Boston Celtics (Very underrated team, A Contender in the east)

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 02:38:37 PM »
I think the finals will look like this

Western conference:
Spurs vs Suns

Eastern Conference:
Heat vs Pistons

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 02:58:51 PM »
Los Angeles Laker's...
Los Angeles Clipper's...

on the real they can lose every game in a fucken row...
I'll still go for my home teamz.

but please belive u might got us down right now,
but the season ain't over yet & you know we coming back...
if not this season.... 8)

we always do.
can your hometown team say that?
(Prob not...)

Hatesrats 2oo0V
(Fuck bandwagon jumper's...)

ecrazy

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 03:11:03 PM »

Los Angeles Clipper's...

(Fuck bandwagon jumper's...)

Seriously, I dont want to hear shit about people being down with the clippers since forever when they make it to the finals, Props Hatesrats For Being A Clipper Fan

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 07:34:31 PM »
Los Angeles Lakers - My hometown team...My only team since day 1...This team has hella potential, from Lamar Odom, to Chris Mihm, to Caron Butler, to Chucky Atkins...If the Lakers can sign a coach that can bring out each players potential and bring the players together, they can become a very good team by the end of the season...Not only do they have the best player in the league and many role players with potential, but they have veterans with leadership skills as well, such as Vlade Divac and Brian Grant...Phil Jackson, I think, would bring out greatness in Lamar Odom...Right now we're struggling without Kobe and with our coach gone, but we've seen glimpses of what the Lakers COULD be...All I can say is one word; potential...

Los Angeles Clippers - Another hometown team, they gotta be my #2...I love this young team and they could easily make the playoffs this year...Elton Brand is a hella underrated player...Corey Magette, another undiscovered star...Marko Jaric reminds me of a taller Steve Nash, and he just brings everything together...As we've seen, when Marko is out, the Clippers lose...Lakers could use a point guard like Marko...Then you got Chris Kaman, who is improving every day and could easily be a star by next year...Bobby Simmons came out of nowhere and became important for this team…Chris Wilcox, another player who's shown what he can do, but needs to learn consistency. Mike Dunleavy hasn't even played him the last few games, but at the beginning of the season, he lit shit up for the Clippers...He needs to get back into a rhythm...Mikki Moore is another one who’s finally showing he can play…I also believe they should have kept Darrick Martin for veteran leadership...And again, injuries are keeping this team down…Kerry Kittles is an excellent player that they’re missing and Shaun Livingston teased the fuck out of everyone in the beginning of the season…Other than that, look for the Clippers to be playoff contenders...

New York Knicks - My east coast team...I just think this team could use a little help, but they have many players that can put up big numbers and lead the team...Stephon Marbury, one of the best point guards in the league...Allan Houston, could be a great addition, but his injuries keep him down...Penny Hardaway, former star, still could be one, but lacks confidence...Vin Baker, can anyone say WTF? Vinny used to put up 20 points and 10 rebounds a game, now he's lucky if he plays a minute. Someone wake this fool up...Trevor Ariza, wow, what a great pick the Knicks made with this one...Drafted late in the second round, he has definitely proven himself worthy...Jamal Crawford, finally playing like he's hungry...Nazr Mohammed, this guy came outta no where, and started putting up major numbers...Tim and Kurt Thomas are excellent role players..Too bad Lenny Wilkens left, because he gave them a lift, and Herb Williams just sucks…Hopefully they can sign a good coach and make a few trades to become a championship contender, which is an easy thing to accomplish in the east…

Boston Celtics - My second personal favorite out the east…Another team with great players that could use help, just like the Knicks…Paul Pierce could easily be one of the top guards in the league…He just can’t seem to lead his team out of barely making the playoffs…Ricky Davis, I think, should be a starter…He has the talent to be the number one option on this team, but he falls short at 2nd …Gary Payton is  playing well while becoming old, but they have potential for a great future with former Laker-for-a-day, Marcus Banks…Marcus hasn’t been staying consistent, but he’s shown what he can do, he just needs some confidence and more experience…Mark Blount surprised everyone last year, and is keeping it up this year…Tom Gugliota is another Vin Baker…Walter McCarty is done, but they don’t need him anymore because they have an improved Raef Lafrentz…Their rookie, Al Jefferson, is injured now, but is going to be a very good player in the future…Boston are playoff contenders in their whack ass divison, but their future has potential to be much brighter than that…

Charlotte Bobcats - I didn’t really look at them until they acquired Kareem Rush…Projected to be one of the worst teams in NBA history, they definitely beat the odds by not even being the worst team in their division…It looks as if the combo of Kareem Rush and rookie of the year Emeka Okafor could actually provide a good future for this ball club…Players like Gerald Wallace, Jason Hart, and Primoz Brezec are finally having their talent used…And with Kareem Rush’s star potential, there’s no telling how much this team can improve…Steve Smith was a great choice for veteran leadership and Brevin Knight is a strong point guard…More players with a possible future include Keith Bogans, Melvin Ely, Jason Kapono, and Jamal Sampson…Along with Kareem Rush, Emeka Okafor is another player who can and will easily evolve into a star…I think whoever put together this team did the best job they possibly could, because expansion teams don’t get much to start with…

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2005, 08:03:40 PM »
the hawks

just kidding

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005, 11:06:12 PM »
MY top teams right? so no arguments please...

1. LA Lakers - my hometeam, need i say more? Hurry up Kobe, recover already

2. Cleveland - i'm really diggin the way LeBron is playin, basically carrying the whole team on his own

3. The Wolves - Always been a fan of KG. I like the energy this team has

4. Clippers - Still an LA team, although my fav. players left. too bad they're struggling

5. Dallas - Dirk is a likeable guy, and hte whole team in general is tight and play nice basketball

6. Detroit - Got nothing but respect for these cats
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2005, 12:26:56 AM »
is this thread about whose your favorite team or what teams you think are the best

if it's my favorite team

1. Lakers-been my fav since showtime...even though the blowtime (LOL) they're still my favorite team ,caron butler rules!

2. Miami Heat- how could they not be my second favorite team, they got Pat Riley as president (former laker coach), They got shaq in the middle and eddie jones(two former laker all stars) not to mention the future of the leaque in wade

other than these two teams everyone else can burn in hell
i ain't gonna front the clippers are cool and all and if they win it all (LMAO) i'll root for them but i ain't down with them and you can quote me on that.

and if this post is about who is the best team

1. spurs-aright who else is there out there better than them,uuuuh no one. the lakers are no longer a threat, the timberwolves were a one season wonder, the mavs ARE NOT FOR REAL, and the sun already lost big to them and will lose in the playoffs due to inexperience. spurs are my least favorite team but they're the team to beat like the god damn mother fucking bitch ass patriots

2. Suns- they're tearing it up plain and simple, they got an all star or a potential all star at virtually every starting possition

3. THe heat- they're constantly improvingand getting better how are they NOT going to be in the finals

4. The Sonics-people are overlooking them but it would't suprise me at all if they got the western finals

5. Bulls-on fire, if they can keep up the momentum they're in the same possition as the sonics

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2005, 10:25:45 AM »
i ment to say who you think are the top 5 in the NBA right now  :P...

but i'll post my fav teams are

1. Cavs - King James in the building! They were my second fav team when James came into the league. Now they're my favorite. Watching this kid play is crazy, cuase you get to see shit that reminds you of a basketball player that was great...they wearingt he same numbers too  8)
2. Timberwolves - My favorite team in the west, been a fan since Vancouver lost its NBA franchise. Garnett is just a fuckin monter every year competing for the MVP title, as usual. Now, if Garnett could some how get traded to a team with James...the NBA is THEIRS! Just get some -ok- role players...team will be unstoppable. About the WOlves team right now, i just can't figure it out lol
3) Sonics - Im a bandwagon fan ;D for this team...as of right now...im a fan...but when they start losing..im going back to my "Sonics Suck" attitude ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2005, 10:30:31 AM »
sixers... 2 philly championships in 1 year.. i can feel it

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »
Right now.....in no order

Bulls
Clippers
Heat
Suns
Knicks