Author Topic: DJ Quick interview.....  (Read 420 times)

Hittman2001

Re: DJ Quick interview.....
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 05:15:33 PM »
Damn so Dre really produced Addictive...crazy to hear this after all this time thinkin it was Quik  :-X

that much about Dre stealing credits  8)

dre probably oversaw the whole track(which is what a producer is) and  quik probably just made the beat.  thats my guess especially since i think dre mixed it.

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2005, 05:18:31 PM »
well, ive seen quik in a interview once, where he said: he woke up that morning, was zapping trough his tv-channels and then saw this indian commercial with the sample of addictive in the background

and he knew he wanted to sample that and that its going to be  a hit

i remember that too. when i read the part about dre giving quik the credit i was like "whoa! what's with that other story?!"

I heard that too. Wasn't there a lawsuit regarding addictive? That may have something to do with it.

the lawsuit was about the sample being used without permission (and neither Dre nor Quik would have had the permission) and it's been some time since then so I don't see how this could have anything to do with it

one possibility is that Quik recorded the sample but Dre did the beat, so Quik just brought him the sample

not sayint that's how it was but it's the only possibiity that wouldn't make Quik a weird liar

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2005, 05:29:05 PM »
Damn so Dre really produced Addictive...crazy to hear this after all this time thinkin it was Quik  :-X

dre probably oversaw the whole track(which is what a producer is) and  quik probably just made the beat.  thats my guess especially since i think dre mixed it.

you didnt read carefully!
quik NEVER lets someone else mix down his music - he does it by his own or in some rare cases his engineers do it, which i wouldnt count dre to =)

my guess about this would be:
afthermath has more money, better lawyers than quik
thats why hes saying dre did it
hes trying to get his ass out the way because he cant afford that sort of trouble

i really think its going into this direction... makes sense to me

destine-2-shine

• 'G'
  • the realest niigga in here
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2005, 06:55:46 PM »
didnt we here pieces of that song in a joint AMG did about a year before. It used the same type of something. im not gonna get technical wit it. but quik had ALOT to do with that record

and is that song on all eyez on me he didnt get credit for CHECK OUT TIME. it always sounded like a quik beat to me.
fucc u and yo mothafuccin momma. and i still be the realest mothafucca in here.

Hittman2001

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2005, 10:29:52 PM »

quik NEVER lets someone else mix down his music - he does it by his own or in some rare cases his engineers do it, which i wouldnt count dre to =)

hes trying to get his ass out the way because he cant afford that sort of trouble

dre did mix it

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=4939

2. Addictive feat. Rakim
Produced by DJ Quik
Bass: Eric Coomes
Mixed by Dr.Dre

Contains a sample from "Do it" Written by Billy Nichols

The Watcher

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2005, 11:15:49 PM »
i'd go with quik made the beat, but dre 'produced' it
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2005, 04:52:49 AM »

dre did mix it

2. Addictive feat. Rakim
Produced by DJ Quik
Mixed by Dr.Dre

lol, and what does this here proove?
nothing!
cause quik even said in that interview that dre "produced" it - and whats can i read above? "produced by dj quik"

so you cant use the dubcc vaults as a reference for that special case
its probably just the same whats standing in the credits of thruth hurts album - where else should the info come from?...

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2005, 06:00:22 AM »

since Dre was the executive producer and Truth was the artist it was Aftermath anyway who was sued plus that shit's prolly been solved for a long time so that's probably not the case

Don Seer

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2005, 06:14:48 AM »

ok here's what i know...

the drums on that song were a __straight lift__ from "do it till ya satisfied"..

i saw in an interview that the indian vocals stuff quik recorded straight from the TV>. he hit record on the VCR and sampled that shit and hooked it up with the "do it..." drums afterwards.

Hittman2001

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2005, 03:36:18 PM »

dre did mix it

2. Addictive feat. Rakim
Produced by DJ Quik
Mixed by Dr.Dre

lol, and what does this here proove?
nothing!
cause quik even said in that interview that dre "produced" it - and whats can i read above? "produced by dj quik"

so you cant use the dubcc vaults as a reference for that special case
its probably just the same whats standing in the credits of thruth hurts album - where else should the info come from?...

all i was trying to say is that dre probably had more of an influence on the track than quik did.  The credits are the same as in the cd booklet.  You quoted quik as saying he doesnt let anyone else mix his music, dre did addictive along with most of the songs on the album.   since it was a debut album on the aftermath label, dre will defineltly have a big influence on alot of things, we saw game's album and how many songs he mixed.  but who knows the real reason quik said that, i'm not trying to pick a fight, just posting my opinion