Author Topic: Whats your favorite Reaggea or DanceHall artist?  (Read 243 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Whats your favorite Reaggea or DanceHall artist?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2005, 12:02:55 PM »
i like reggae and the old ska stuff that was pretty similar to reggae too. but to me reggae is kinda like background music or just shit to chill to, so i don't really focus on it and hence don't have too many particular favorites. of course bob marley is a legend, and all those artists like Cliff, Dekker, Max Romeo, Steel Pulse, etc. are great, but it'salmost always sound that just plays and provides a nice atmosphere, but nothing i pay attention to or that makes me go whoa. dancehall is something i never got into, the older i get the more it seems to actually get on my nerves...the sean paul (:scarface:) hype didn't have a good effect either....

Jakubs

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2005, 08:10:25 PM »
Reggae wise it's definitely Bob Marley, I doubt you'll find me many that will disagree. As for dancehall, not really sure what is classified as such but I like Kevin Lyttle and his selft titled debut was nice. I can listen to the whole album front to back. I think they refer to his style as soca, from the south Caribbean. If I'm wrong, my fault, but if not then he's my pick.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

alaskanbrad

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 07:26:27 PM »
T.O.K.