Author Topic: Compton or Brooklyn?  (Read 773 times)

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Compton or Brooklyn?
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2005, 11:55:56 AM »
I'm not going to post album titles, I don't have that much time.

Too Short....Nuff said. 14 albums, never sold out, he's been rapping since 86, never went hollywood.
2pac....Repped the bay...nuff said.
Del the Funkee Homosapien...one of the most original and innovative lyricists in the game
E40...Innovator
Paris ...The black panther
Spice 1...been puttin it down for years
Digital Underground...The first rap group to use live instruments
Ant Banks...the best producer not named Dr. Dre or DJ Quik. He helped shape the whole west coast sound. You can't forget about peeps like Mike Mosley, Sam Bostic, Bosko and all the other producers that invented the mob sound.

To say that Queens has had more influence on hip hop than the bay is blatant disrespect of everything the bay has accomplished. How man rappers patterned their style after Too Short? How many rappers have copied Bay Area slang? 2pac the GOAT repped the bay. The whole bay blueprint has been used by everybody, including LA, Chicago, the South, and NY.

I haven't even gotten to peeps like the Luniz or Souls of Mischief, Richie Rich, Rappin 4 Tay, Saafir, etc etc etc

Sorry you're wrong and you have no reason to call anyone biased on here.
^the truth
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2005, 12:09:29 PM »
oh yeah I forgot... cpt>brooklyn
brooklyn may have more influential rappers, but the few that compton has is equal to that
and as far as breakin barriers, sellin records, and musically speaking I believe compton had that on lock.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2005, 12:12:27 PM »
and as far as breakin barriers, sellin records, and musically speaking I believe compton had that on lock.

I'd be willing to bet anything that artists from Brooklyn have sold more records than artists from Compton.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2005, 12:25:25 PM »
Both cities had a major role in this rap game,u cant deny that both Compton & Brooklyn had its artists & do have to this day.Both cities made a major impact on hip hop but Compton was just the first to do it.As in sales,Brooklyn has definately sold more,cause the only popular mc's from Compton are N.W.A.(including their solo's),Ice-T,Game & thats about it.All the others from Compton have talent but just never sold alot.But it goes the other way too,cause lots of mc's from Brooklyn havent sold shit.Personally I never look at shit like "where are these rappers all from"???Thats just plain stupid.

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2005, 04:53:52 PM »
Brooklyn takes it, but i think if it was California VS New york, its california no doubt

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2005, 07:02:24 PM »
hey knuckles u put 50 cent in your list, what do u rate grodt?