Poll

Note: It's not about fav players or who's best, it's about who will be MVP!

Kevin Garnett
1 (2.1%)
Tim Duncan
3 (6.4%)
Dirk Nowitzki
3 (6.4%)
LeBron James
9 (19.1%)
Allen Iverson
2 (4.3%)
Steve Nash
15 (31.9%)
Dwayne Wade
0 (0%)
Shaquille O'Neal
8 (17%)
Amaré Stoudemire
0 (0%)
Tracy McGrady
1 (2.1%)
Pau Gasol
1 (2.1%)
Yao Ming
0 (0%)
Kobe Bryant
1 (2.1%)
Ray Allen
0 (0%)
Shaq
1 (2.1%)
I have no clue about basketball and think someone else is gonna be MVP!
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: So who's gonna be MVP this season? (NBA)  (Read 548 times)

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: So who's gonna be MVP this season? (NBA)
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2005, 01:16:18 AM »
i picked Duncan....surprise  :o lol

hisairness said it tho, he might not get it based on not being the "popular" player. He doesnt draw a lot of attention to himself. But this award is supposed to be based on who is the MOST VALUABLE player to their team. Its kinda funny how popularity can play into this, and against Duncan when he's probably the best "team player" out of all these guys. This guy is so unselfish its amazing, for a superstar. Bottom line, i think this is one of the closest MVP races ever. There are SO many players this year who are deserving. Normally u might have 3 or 4 players at the MOST. This year its at least 6.

acbaylove

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2005, 02:30:32 AM »
Nash no doubt. Without him, Suns are a good team. With Nash, Suns are probably the best team in the league.
Best coach: D'Antoni (i know him very well, since i'm Italian..). He's getting big wins, and he's playing Showtime.

wcsoldier

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2005, 04:26:59 AM »
I'm gonna pick Nash but remember Kidd did the same thing with the Nets in 2001-2002 and wasn't MVP ???

ShadyGuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2005, 08:14:08 AM »
shaq or duncan

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2005, 09:03:09 AM »
Nash no doubt. Without him, Suns are a good team. With Nash, Suns are probably the best team in the league.
Best coach: D'Antoni (i know him very well, since i'm Italian..). He's getting big wins, and he's playing Showtime.

theyre 1-2 against the Spurs...

i have a hard time taking Pheonix seriously. During the regular season, yes. But once playoff time comes...this style isnt gonna stand up. Over the years, how many teams that play this style of ball have looked amazing during the season (tons). How many have actually won a championship...or even really came close, none. The Showtime Lakers in the 80's used to run alot...but they could also play half court, which pheonix cant. Not to mention, they play absolutely no defense. They remind me of the Mavericks over the last few years. Dont be surprised to see them really stumble in the playoffs.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2005, 10:13:41 AM »
steve nash is the eminem of basketball...

over-rated bcoz he is white
NO MORE WAR

acbaylove

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2005, 10:56:56 AM »

i have a hard time taking Pheonix seriously. During the regular season, yes. But once playoff time comes...this style isnt gonna stand up. Over the years, how many teams that play this style of ball have looked amazing during the season (tons). How many have actually won a championship...or even really came close, none. The Showtime Lakers in the 80's used to run alot...but they could also play half court, which pheonix cant. Not to mention, they play absolutely no defense. They remind me of the Mavericks over the last few years. Dont be surprised to see them really stumble in the playoffs.

Man i was talking about the Regular Season. The MVP is a trophy you give to the best player of the Regular Season. And imo he's Steve Nash. And the Suns are the best team, considering how much they improved from last year, and the fact they score more than everybody else in the league. I didnt say they'll win the NBA. I think Detroit, Miami and Spurs are still better for the Play Offs. But i think it's right to give them props for this season.

wcsoldier

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2005, 11:34:42 AM »

Most stupid thing I've ever heard. You don't know shit about basketball. Just watch Gymnastic ;D

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2005, 02:54:26 PM »

Man i was talking about the Regular Season. The MVP is a trophy you give to the best player of the Regular Season. And imo he's Steve Nash. And the Suns are the best team, considering how much they improved from last year, and the fact they score more than everybody else in the league. I didnt say they'll win the NBA. I think Detroit, Miami and Spurs are still better for the Play Offs. But i think it's right to give them props for this season.

i know, my point was...in the regular season the spurs hold the edge still. AND, they both won one close game....and the Spurs destroyed them in the first. Improving the most from last year doesnt make u the best. Also, i didnt mention anything about Nash when it comes to the playoffs, i was talking about the Suns.

bui21

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2005, 11:12:43 AM »
id say LB James

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2005, 05:42:16 AM »
Alot of y'all chose Nash simply bcoz ESPN & TNT analyst saying he should win it....... ::)
Amare Stoudamire is more of a factor to Phoenix than Nash , take away Amare and you'll see their game gets lowered, he's such a big scorer for them right now and has been consistent all season.
  LeBron James should be tha winner without a doubt coz everyone can see tha without him tha Cavs is bullshit, anytime he gets substituted their game gets lame. he tha heart and sould of tha tha Cavaliers...........hate LeBron all you want but you have to give credit where credit is due......

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2005, 02:19:27 PM »
Tim Duncan

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2005, 02:26:40 PM »

Most stupid thing I've ever heard. You don't know shit about basketball. Just watch Gymnastic ;D

no, i'm pretty sure i'm right  ::)
NO MORE WAR

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2005, 06:02:30 PM »
it's between Shaquille O'Neal and Shaq. LMAO look at the choices ^
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

kellyboy

• 'G'
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2005, 08:20:51 PM »
Nash and James for me yo, both of em cats are good ball players and are rackin' up the numbers  ;D