Author Topic: Safe + Sound - 10 year anniverssary appreciation thread...  (Read 277 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Re: Safe + Sound - 10 year anniverssary appreciation thread...
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2005, 10:38:22 PM »
Very dope album, but not my fav album from him.

The production is sick and Quik is on point, but there's a few too many songs about pussy on this one.....other than that, its a hot album. However, "Way Too Fonky" and "Rhytm-al-ism" are probably my fav Quik albums.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Woodrow

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2005, 10:49:49 PM »
They don't make em like the used to... Well, Quik still does IMO.

Hard to belive it's been 10 years...

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2005, 11:35:03 PM »
1st quik album i heard, my fav, dope ass album, 1 of my favs

I can't tell for sure if it's my fav Quik album, cause that usually depends on my mood, but it's definitely on my top5 of all times. I got introduced to Quik thru it, and that brings the memories!

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2005, 02:28:44 AM »
Very dope album, but not my fav album from him.

The production is sick and Quik is on point, but there's a few too many songs about pussy on this one.....other than that, its a hot album. However, "Way Too Fonky" and "Rhytm-al-ism" are probably my fav Quik albums.

MarshColin

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2005, 11:17:32 AM »
This album easily belongs next to Chronic and Doggystyle.  In my opinion the production was even greater.  Quik hasn't been making shit like this for awhile, hes on some other shit now.  Its still tight but I wish he would go back to the Safe and Sound days.  So many good songs to choose from on this album I cant pick a favorite.  The ones I bump the most are:

Get At Me (That song with cameo sample gets me sooo pumped up, and the scratches are ridiculous; 2, 2 2 2 2 quik)
Let U Have It (That beat was fucking hard, and the original longer version is dope as fuck too)
Tanqueray (Makes me wanna get wasted everytime i hear this track)
Dollaz & Sense (No explanation needed)

koolnutz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2005, 05:29:46 PM »
safe & sound is a dope album, One of quiks best and a west coast classic. But imho, i would say "quik is the name" is better. I agree safe & sound belongs next to the chronic, and doggystyle, i would also say that "quik is the name" belongs next to str8 outta compton or any other clasic album from that era.......man i rememer when that song "tonite" came out, that shit was the bomb!! at the time, very few (if any) other artist had that laid back gangster sound. After that song "tonite" came out, i dont remember hearing shit like that again until dre and snoop came out with "nothin but a g thang" on the chronic album....."way 2 fonky" is a clasic album too!!

Peace

SikksTrey

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2005, 06:26:13 AM »
This is still, after 10 years, my favourite album.. A true masterpiece.
"When I fart you fall apart, a nigga got GAZ!" - Hi-C