Author Topic: The Regime Member Young Skrilla Interview!!!  (Read 324 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Regime Member Young Skrilla Interview!!!
« on: February 25, 2005, 08:21:18 PM »
EXCLUSIVE The Regime Member Young Skrilla Interview!!!       
Written by GeorgeC     
Saturday, 26 February 2005 
ClubsUnited.Org has OFFICIALLY launched its Underground/Mainstream Hip-Hop Section as an official part of Australia’s PREMIER Club Site… Our aim is to bring you Hip-Hop news & exclusive audio/interviews with MC’s from all across the world… First off I have an EXCLUSIVE interview & coming soon will have EXCLUSIVE audio from New Orleans MC Young Skrilla… Young Skrilla as part of the SUPER GROUP The Regime lead by Yukmouth has been schooled by Underground Legends BG, Soulja Slim [R.I.P], Yukmouth etc. & is heavily embedded in the current beef with G Unit member The Game…

In this interview he speaks on his mentor Soulja Slim who was brutally murdered in late November last year, how he became a member of Yukmouth’s The Regime, the groups “beef” with G Unit, upcoming releases & much more…

INTERVIEW!!!...

CoNtRaVeRzY: For the people who don’t know who you are... Can you please give us some background on yourself...

Young Skrilla: Well, For starters I used to be Soulja Skrilla, Now I’m Young Skrilla. I’m reppin' New Orleans, Louisiana. I’m 20 but I been rockin' on a professional level since 97'. I started off workin' with Juvenile and UTP Records, but that ain’t take off & then I rolled with BG aka B. Gizzle & I started poppin' a lil' more. Then myself & Soulja Slim ran into Yukmouth in Detroit & we chopped it up. [From then] Yukmouth made it official and I been rockin’ ever since then.

CoNtRaVeRzY: That’s an impressive resume of artist’s right there... Some underground king’s in my eyes with Yukmouth, BG, Juvenile & the late Soulja Slim have schooled you... How has Soulja Slim's passing affected you on a personal & musical level?

Young Skrilla: It hurt really bad at first & it still does but I had to hold him down by doing me. That’s all he ever asked of me, was to be a man & do me & be successful. Some of his peoples weren’t holding him down right at all so when I spoke up they hated on me. But I brushed them off because I knew what Soulja Slim meant to me & how he affected my life. That’s all that matters to me, ya know!

CoNtRaVeRzY: From other interview’s I've read he seems to be the first person to put you onto the game & has opened many doors for you within the industry... Now that you are signed to Smoke-A-Lot Records & part of Yukmouth's The Regime... Do you feel like you owe it to him to keep on the grind & do this music shit, not just for yourself but for him also?

Young Skrilla: Yeah I do. That's why I show him the respect I do. There is alotta things that I be wrong about but he gets me right when I’m outta line. But I owe myself also because when it comes down to it. It’s my mouthpiece that makes the moves. But yes I got hella love and an un-dying devotion to Yukmouth for what he's doing for me

CoNtRaVeRzY: Just to break it down for those who don’t know... Can you tell who is part of The Regime & what is the basis behind this MASSIVE alliance?

Young Skrilla: Yukmouth, Tech N9ne, Gonzoe, E-Black. Dorasel, Dru Down, Young Skrilla, Monstah Gunjah, Nyce, Marc Shyst, Messy Marv, Dizzle Don, Govnermatic, Ampachino, Chino-Nino, The Fleet, Don Stryke & Poppa L.Q. World domination is the basis

CoNtRaVeRzY: As Yukmouth’s name is being mentioned a lot lately around the internet with his publicised beef with The Game & G Unit going on... Can we ask what your take on this entire situation is & would you be able to drop some knowledge on how it has affected The Regime on a musical level?

Young Skrilla: Well, I feel It’s a lot of bad vibes & energy being wasted in this beefing shit, ya dig! I don’t like beefing at all. Through this all you have never heard me speak ill wishes on none of them. It ain’t affected The Regime none but it has taken away from the focus of creating an album that will come out sooner. But that's they thang and I’m riding for them, but I try to stay away from shit.

CoNtRaVeRzY: You feel that the entire thing is a waste of time but understand that Yuk Isn’t going to back down??... With that do you see Yuk & Gonzoe slowing down the onslaught at The Game or G Unit as a whole any time soon?

Young Skrilla: No I don’t. Them dudes is focused on destroying now. So Nah I don’t see that.

CoNtRaVeRzY: Just some final short questions regarding the whole topic of the "beef"... Where do you stand in this entire situation? Is there any pressure for you to get involved??... How far do you see Yukmouth taking this situation? & What are your feelings on they way that The Game came at Yukmouth & Gonzoe?

Young Skrilla: I ain’t ever [been] pressured. Yuk don’t want me in that shit & it that serious to involve me. I don’t do nothing I don’t want to and that’s something that ain’t on my mind AT ALL. The Game [is] just playing his cards. He going a little too far with challenging Jay-Z & stuff, but hey to each his own. Also, I can’t answer for him. You’d have to ask Yuk that question, ya know?

CoNtRaVeRzY: True... With that, you said the beef is slowing down the release of albums & so forth... I noticed afew days ago that The Regime's "All Out War Mixtape [Vol. 1]" which was supposed to be released February 15th has now been pushed back to March 1st... What are your feelings on the mixtape being pushed back & how it has been heavily bootlegged across the internet?

Young Skrilla: Well, I feel some dumb ass in the clique leaked that shit. Not on purpose but leaving it somewhere or some shit like that. It’s [been] pushed back because we’re adding shit to it to make the bootleggers mad. Ha, Ha!

CoNtRaVeRzY: *laughs*... I’ve heard 2 or 3 of the tracks so far & what I have heard has been straight fire... Have y'all gone back in the studio to record more tracks? & What changes are being made to the mixtape?

Young Skrilla: More songs & shit. I finished mine also while I was in California for a couple of weeks. I did my photo shoot for Murder Dog and my interview with them and The Source. So I'll be the first to set it off on the solo tip. But The Regime will not be stopped.

CoNtRaVeRzY: The Regime has a a MASSIVE line-up & there are people from all over the US... I remember reading in another interview that you had a crush on Nyce... How has that come along? You had any success?

Young Skrilla: Naw. She passed on me. But you cant stop trying you know?

CoNtRaVeRzY: Yeh, If you give up you'll never be getting any... Alright, we'll move on now... What projects are we to expect from yourself & The Regime in the near future?

Young Skrilla: Well, I got my online mixtape I’m launching on www.youngskrilla.com . I also got the site launching in a couple of days. I got my mixtape hitting stores this spring & then my album this summer. I got the Murder Dog Magazine interview, The Source magazine & XXL Magazine coming this Late Spring too. I got a lot on my plate. The Regime doing all the same shit I’m doing too. We taking over.

CoNtRaVeRzY: That’s good to hear... On the subject of the album, what shall we expect production & feature wise?

Young Skrilla: I got my in house producers Funkenstyne on the tracks along K.I.D.D. K.I.D.D. is BG's producer from Detroit & my managers cousin, so its all family. I got Lil' Jon on the way & a couple of appearances from Squad-Up, The Regime, BG, Choppa, Magnolia Boyz, S.A.M.M. Tommy Clipp etc.

CoNtRaVeRzY: Keeping this project REAL underground right there, apart from Lil Jon... Are there any artists or producers you would particularly like to reach out to & work with?

Young Skrilla: I ain’t going underground at all. I got more but I don’t wanna let it out the bag just yet. I got more peeps & I reached out to everyone & I got them.

CoNtRaVeRzY: Alright... Being from New Orleans & knowing you are working with both artists from your hometown & also people from the West such as Yukmouth & Gonzoe... What influences have you grown up with musically & are now surrounded by now to create the MC style that you now possess?

Young Skrilla: I don’t really do nothing but the New Orleans stuff I been doing. I ain’t changed, I just grew up! I gotta crib in Detroit now, so I pick alotta stuff up from there also. But I ain’t in California enough to be influenced.

CoNtRaVeRzY: What does Young Skrilla the man hope to achieve from life both musically & personally?

Young Skrilla: I just want the people to be able to say "he cared enough to give us his all". That’s all I want. I want respect & I give it, therefore I demand it back. Musically, I don’t care about platinum & all that. As long as I got shows & I'm in the public eye then I’m fine. I kinda like having no privacy. It makes me feel relevant, ya know! But I wanna be able to walk the streets & get the respect.

CoNtRaVeRzY: You seem to have a good head on your shoulders & have ALOT of people who are veterans within Hip-Hop backing you up... To finish this interview off, I'd like to play a word association game with you & just before that, is there anything you would like to get off your chest, drop some promotion or even some shout outs... Go ahead, this is your chance...

Young Skrilla: www.youngskrilla.com is where you can find me at. Check out www.smokealotrecords.com too. All my info will be there for you. Stop hating if you wasn't riding for Soulja Slim & Tommy Clipp keep your head up! Go to college, I know I did. Look what it did for me!

CoNtRaVeRzY: Alright, how this works is I’m gonna say a name, so forth & you tell me the first thing that comes into your head... First off, Soulja Slim...

Young Skrilla: Real Nigga, the originator of the Soulja shit in New Orleans. When you think of the Magnolia or New Orleans you thinking about Slim.

CoNtRaVeRzY: G Unit...

Young Skrilla: Umm… 50 Cent... No... They don’t play them on the radio...*laughz*

CoNtRaVeRzY: Crooked I...

Young Skrilla: Don’t know him.

CoNtRaVeRzY: Interesting, he was on that joint with E40 & Yukmouth off the "United Ghetto'z Of America [Vol. 2]" compilation called "Kalifornia G'z"... Alright, next... Terror Squad/Big Pun...

Young Skrilla: Big Pun in my eyes was the best with the word play next to 2pac, hands down the sickest to ever touch a mic. Terror Squad is hot.

CoNtRaVeRzY: Good to see other people recognising what Big Pun brought to Hip-Hop... Cuban Link…

Young Skrilla: He got black balled & came back. A true feat that no other man has accomplished.

CoNtRaVeRzY: & last but not least... Young Skrilla...

Young Skrilla: Waiting to explode. Handsome pimp with deadly lyrics & well-thought rhymes. Ahead of his time.

CoNtRaVeRzY: *laughs*... Alright, Thanks for allowing us this interview, you dropped some knowledge on us & everyone be on the look out for "Young Skrilla - Supahero" coming soon from the Smoke-A-Lot/Rap-A-Lot Records imprint & good luck with everything...

Young Skrilla: Thanks & check my site man. I cant stress it enough *laughs*. One Love

Interview Conducted By: CoNtRaVeRzY 
http://www.clubsunited.org/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=50

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: The Regime Member Young Skrilla Interview!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 12:38:38 PM »
Good stuff, can't wait for him to drop a solo. I like his outlook on everything, he is all about putting it down for Souljah Slim and the people.
I got a bird's eye view