Has Nba Declined After Mike left

Yes
10 (71.4%)
no
3 (21.4%)
Neutral
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Has Nba Declined After Mike left  (Read 169 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Has Nba Declined After Mike left
« on: February 09, 2005, 07:42:51 AM »
i think possibly, its on this special on espn, but i think most of those guy liked it , cause it was "whiter" when mike was playing, and now its more "black" and younger, but it has a lot to do with shit like kobes case, artests fight, etc.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Has Nba Declined After Mike left
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 10:44:27 AM »
i saw that. I agree. I dont think its about mike though, but around that period of the nba. I dont think the game is played the same way anymore.

madsamoan

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 02:33:37 PM »
The game is not the same anymore. All you see now is a new young generation of less talented, tattooed,afros and braids, saggy shorts wearing cry babies. I wish the game now had names like Magic,Bird,Dominique,Jordan,Ewing, and Olujawon.

lbc213

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 02:44:35 PM »
U know what, back in the day u would go to practise to work on your shooting skills, these days they go to the gym just to practise between the legs 360 windmill dunks. Thats how I see it  ;D.

Kal EL

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 12:15:39 PM »
Hell yea it has declined, DRASTICALLY. And no there is no answer to Jordon's Legacy. I am tired of the SPort's Media trying to Hype some young punk up that hasn't even really done aything yet...ALL OF THEM.

Glendale

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 09:44:34 PM »
yyeh its declined. the times of bird, magic, and especially jordan made basketball fun to watch. its just lame now a days, maybe lebron can make it better when his team actually goes deeper. the shaq kobe game was the only exciting game all year. when guys like jordan played, almost every game was tight. watching him play with a fever was tight, nothing excites me nemore intodays nba
"Got niggas head's dividin faster than nerds at a calculus convention/see i school niggas, then i afterschool niggas like detention." -  Ras Kass   

"You got Soldiers, but you still Gotta respect ours, We got more 'Four Fives and Nines' than A deck of cards" - L. Banks

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 04:54:46 AM »
U know what, back in the day u would go to practise to work on your shooting skills, these days they go to the gym just to practise between the legs 360 windmill dunks. Thats how I see it  ;D.
Exactly most of young players have no outside shoot. Olympics Games were a good example

acbaylove

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 05:23:47 AM »
The problem is not in the NBA in general. It's in the Americans. Young players can only dunk. They cant defend, they cant shoot, they dont know what it means to play as a team, they aint leaders. When my National team (Italy) arrived 2nd and USA 3rd in the Olympics.. then damn, they got a big problem for fucking real!! They should back to the gym to pratice more. And they should to 4 years in UNI. With good coaches.

bui21

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 03:29:26 PM »
the nba gmae will never be the same without mike or magic

bui21

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 03:30:12 PM »
the nba gmae will never be the same without mike or magic...and oh yea you cant forget aobut the WORM(RODMAN)

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 05:23:16 PM »
The problem is not in the NBA in general. It's in the Americans. Young players can only dunk. They cant defend, they cant shoot, they dont know what it means to play as a team, they aint leaders. When my National team (Italy) arrived 2nd and USA 3rd in the Olympics.. then damn, they got a big problem for fucking real!! They should back to the gym to pratice more. And they should to 4 years in UNI. With good coaches.

Exactly.  All that they want to do is dunk and make highlights and the big bucks.  Take a look at Tim Duncan.  I love Duncan and I think he's the best player in the NBA.  But, you hear all the time that he isn't flashy enough or doesn't do enough spectacular stuff.  Fuck, I'd take somebody with the fundamental skills of a Tim Duncan over anybody that can hang in the air and do a 360 windmill dunk.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 09:08:32 AM »

the olympics were embarassing. But i dont think its an example of the US players not being able to shoot outside. Just an example of the selection committee for the olympic team not being able to select shooters. they picked all the biggest stars, and thats it. Theres a lot of good shooters in the league, they just didnt get picked up. I dont think the league was "better" when Jordan was around, just different. There isnt that ONE guy now, like there was when he was around. He was SO marketable and the entire world knew him. Players were a little more politically correct then they are now. Alot of players arent afraid now to say any and everything they want, and that probably turns some people off. It is a younger game. Its like Pippen said, "it went from Jazz to Hip-Hop". You also have to remember theres been some changes to the rules since he's been gone like the crack down on no handchecking. With rules like that, that are geared toward scoring, driving, and dunking of course the game is gonna change with it.

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 03:18:05 PM »
I dont believe its declined because we got Shaq Diesel, he makes the game so much fun and exciting, and look at the young players who are doing the same: Wade, Lebron, Amare, Iverson, T Mac, KG, and the list could go on