Author Topic: The Dillinger Escape Plan  (Read 171 times)

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
The Dillinger Escape Plan
« on: March 02, 2005, 03:24:41 PM »
Probably my current favorite band.

Do any of you here like them? They inspired me to form a band myself - which I did a couple of weeks ago. And I'm seeing them at a hardcore (mostly punk and punk influenced metal) festival in a couple of weeks. It should be great.

So yeah, do you like them? If not, I'd recommend you to check them out. A good place to start would be Irony Is A Dead Scence [EP]. Mike Patton (Fantomas/Faith No More/Mr Bungle) did the vocals on that record. It's their most melodic work, so I guess it's easier to get into.

Anyway, discuss The Dillinger Escape Plan.

Shark

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: The Dillinger Escape Plan
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 03:59:37 PM »
I bought one of there ep's like 4 years ago....lol i listened to that shit the other day and i can't beleve i was into that b4 :-[

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 04:48:39 PM »
I bought one of there ep's like 4 years ago....lol i listened to that shit the other day and i can't beleve i was into that b4 :-[

If the topic title said "Korn", then yeah, I guess I could understand your statement. But come on. The Dillinger Escape Plan are one of the fucking most talented bands of our time. The jazz drumming, the guitar shredding, even their vocalists kicks ass. They're without any doubt hardcore's best band. Yeah, their singer screams his lungs out, it doesn't have much melody and it's extreme. Very extreme. Who cares. That's what makes it so awesome. They're probably the most inventive and creative metal band of our time. Along, maybe, the death metal band Meshuggah.

You should get back into that music. It's not for everyone, it does aquire taste. Much lile most prog-metal.

To anyone who's interested. Check out the song 'The Mullet Burden' with your volume all the way up.

Scribe

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 06:19:25 AM »
Heard quite a bit by them, find them a bit hit and miss, although I do enjoy their unpredictable bursts of chaos during tracks, theiR pretty sweat overall.
"Without The Elements It's All Irrelevent" Jurassic 5

"This world better acknowledge me I'm over ambitious
Do almost anything to rob a genie for his wishes." 57th Dynasty

"We didn't give a toss about money, fame or stardom
Just about the culture, the music, slang and jargon." Blak Twang

"Freedom Is A Road Seldom Travelled By The Multitude" Public Enemy

"If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Of My Face" Zach De La Rocha

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 08:23:15 AM »
Daz  Dillinger?

davida.b.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 09:07:47 PM »

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 07:56:59 AM »
Daz  Dillinger?

Good one. Thanks for sharing your great sense of humor with the rest of the board.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 08:07:56 AM by The New Pollution »