Author Topic: People forget that "The Chronic" was actually a very political album  (Read 511 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: People forget that "The Chronic" was actually a very political album
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 12:30:24 AM »
the were some political things on the album but thats it

The Predator

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 12:35:30 AM »
 >:(
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:46:18 AM by The Predator »

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 06:31:33 AM »
Don't forget, "The Chronic" was actually very political.  Dre sets the tone for the album in "Let Me Ride", stating- "No Medallions, No Dreadlocks, No Blackfists/.... it's just that gansta shit!", which to me is saying that the streets were fed up with being conscious, and that it was time to start busting guns. 
At the time of it's release, racial tension and violence were boiling over on the West Coast, the Rodney King trial, police brutality, and the LA riots were hot topics at that time, as evident in Dre's track "The Day The Niggaz Took Over", the theme to this song is the LA riots!  In that song there is a line, "Break the white man off somethin lovely/ I don't love them so them can't love me".  Lyrics like this were prevelent throughout the Chronic album, and could even be considered as lyrics with the potential of inciting a riot, this is no small thing, a riot is civil war. 
You also have tracks like "Lil Ghetto Boy" that are all about problems facing the black community, blacks being imprisoned- "I spent 4 years in the county with nothin but convicts surround me", poverty "Make all them ends you can make/cause when you broke you brake", the track is about African nationalism and unity "If I have to die today, for this African to have a future/I'm a dead mutherfucker", and black empowerment, "We expose ways for the youth to survive/ Some think it's wrong but we tend to think it's right". 

Yeah, I'll bet you used to sit in your room and have daydreams about all the niccas killing your family, you sick fuck.  What's it like to be part of a movement that doesn't concern or respect you?  What a fucking fool.  You ought to join a fuckin' feminism movement, then you'd fully hate *EVERYTHING you are... of course to do that, you'd have to have some respect for women, which we all know your feelings on that, pre-arranged marriage and women in Burkas. 

another pussy drought huh?....tough times...let it all out

What's wrong, man, you still pissed i won't talk to you online?  Get off my (Well, and Brad Pitt's) nuts, please. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 08:56:47 AM »
"If I have to die today, for this African to have a future/I'm a dead mutherfucker"
i like that line..

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2005, 11:20:38 AM »
It wasnt nearly as political as Fear of A Black Planet, Death Certificate, or 2Pacalypse Now.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2005, 03:03:59 PM »
You really pay way too much attention to me, you shouldn't invest so much of your time thinking about my life.  This wasn't even the subject of the thread.  The thread wasn't a discussion on my racial views, the thread was a discussion about whether or not "The Chronic" was a political album, and I simply wanted to make the case that I thought the album was political.  Then you went crazy and displayed your fixation of me for the whole board to see.   

Yeah, I'll bet you used to sit in your room and have daydreams about all the niccas killing your family, you sick fuck. 

My family is half black.  My wife is black, and all my in laws are black.  I'm really close with my in laws, and I knew them even before I knew my wife, and we all love eachother.  So when you talk about "niccas" killing my family.. half of my family is black.

What's it like to be part of a movement that doesn't concern or respect you?  What a fucking fool. 

If black people ran this country there probably wouldn't be any war against Muslim countries, but I'm not a part of any "black" movement.  What you said makes no sense.  I am a Muslim, I identify with Muslims, Muslims are from all races, from Africa, to Indonesia, to the Caucus mountains of Chechnya, Russia.  And as soon as you enter into Islam, it erases all racial divisions, and you become brothers and sisters in faith.

You ought to join a fuckin' feminism movement, then you'd fully hate *EVERYTHING you are... of course to do that, you'd have to have some respect for women, which we all know your feelings on that, pre-arranged marriage and women in Burkas. 

Do you even know what an "arranged" marriage consists of in Islam?  You really have no idea about how Muslims traditionally get married.  I went over and visited my wife and ate dinner with her family for several evenings, we discussed future plans, we talked for a long time to eachother, and I proposed marriage.  She could agree or disagree, she agreed, and we went ahead and got married shortly after that.  She could have married whoever she wanted to.  We were never alone together until after we got married, so it was easy to stay far away from sin.  Tell me what is bad or oppressive about this?  And the way my wife and mother in law dress, is not forced on them.  They are both American, grew up in America, converted to Islam, and chose to dress that way.  Nobody ever forced them to do anything.  You really have no idea what you are saying.  You just make yourself look ignorant.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2005, 03:12:49 PM »
^^ whoa hold up, u got married?

SGV

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005, 03:14:40 PM »
Funny. Immortal Technique was telling me the same thing that Gangsta Rap back in the days was really Political.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2005, 04:22:58 PM »
You really pay way too much attention to me, you shouldn't invest so much of your time thinking about my life.  This wasn't even the subject of the thread.  The thread wasn't a discussion on my racial views, the thread was a discussion about whether or not "The Chronic" was a political album, and I simply wanted to make the case that I thought the album was political.  Then you went crazy and displayed your fixation of me for the whole board to see.   

Yeah, I'll bet you used to sit in your room and have daydreams about all the niccas killing your family, you sick fuck. 

My family is half black.  My wife is black, and all my in laws are black.  I'm really close with my in laws, and I knew them even before I knew my wife, and we all love eachother.  So when you talk about "niccas" killing my family.. half of my family is black.

He's prolly talking about your blood family.
Also, the fact remains that you hate something you are and support movements that aim at fucking up people like you and your mother.
Makes me sick. See a psychiatrist.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Thirteen

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2005, 04:26:10 PM »
man i made fun of infinite saying that he only reads opinions of others and they become his opinions...i'd just like to say i'm wrong

he also comes up with the dumbest fucking opinions all by himself.... a few political verses on a cd does not a political album make

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2005, 08:39:56 PM »
i just wanna smoke blunts

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2005, 08:58:35 PM »
If black people ran this country there probably wouldn't be any war against Muslim countries, but I'm not a part of any "black" movement.  What you said makes no sense.  I am a Muslim, I identify with Muslims, Muslims are from all races, from Africa, to Indonesia, to the Caucus mountains of Chechnya, Russia.  And as soon as you enter into Islam, it erases all racial divisions, and you become brothers and sisters in faith.

fuck that if black opeople ran the country they wouldnt know what to do. half the gang members are all fucking black and brown shit i know mexicans run the fucking system but from the inside that the "shite mane" put them there. lets not talk about the who would have or should have shit white man is controling the shit. cuz the motherfucking devil was white