Author Topic: Does any body still....  (Read 215 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Does any body still....
« on: March 06, 2005, 07:54:30 PM »
does any body still listen to casette tapes? Ive been collecting for years I got hundreds of them...i was too cheap to buy CD's in the 90's and now I got shit loads of tapes and my girl wants me to get rid of them due to limited storage space...I got a lot of rare and hard to find shit too....do tapes have any resale value? anybody interested in any ? Im not necessarilly trying to sell shit in this thread Im just trying to get some suggestions on what these tapes are worth and if there worth keeping etc....

ecrazy

Re: Does any body still....
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 08:14:58 PM »
My sister, oh my god, she has the biggest extensive collection of Tapes ive ever seen. during the whole transfer from tapes to CD's, all her friends and people at her old job gave her tapes, she has no doubles of tapes, all of them unique, she has even gone to record stores and asked them if they wanted to give her tapes she was going to throw out....they are almost im guessing in the 10,000 mark or something like that, thats not including all her vinyl and other CD's. she has a room in her house dedicated to her collection,...i think there are collectors of tapes, depends which ones you have. usually Dj's are big vintage music collectors and they want tapes, so ask some dj pools if they want some tapes, or try ebay...but it really depends what tapes u got

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 08:32:34 PM »
all rap and R/B mostly west coast shit....Id really hate to just throw this shit away but there pretty much obsolite...being that its hip hop Id think people would want it but i dunno 

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 09:09:26 PM »
yeah man, don't toss them.  Try to unload them on ebay or somewhere else.  Even if you only get pennies, try to sell them... better than just tossing them.  Good luck.  Sometimes the work put in to sell the shit ain't worth the money you get.  Peace  8)

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 09:12:15 PM »
My sister, oh my god, she has the biggest extensive collection of Tapes ive ever seen. during the whole transfer from tapes to CD's, all her friends and people at her old job gave her tapes, she has no doubles of tapes, all of them unique, she has even gone to record stores and asked them if they wanted to give her tapes she was going to throw out....they are almost im guessing in the 10,000 mark or something like that, thats not including all her vinyl and other CD's. she has a room in her house dedicated to her collection,...i think there are collectors of tapes, depends which ones you have. usually Dj's are big vintage music collectors and they want tapes, so ask some dj pools if they want some tapes, or try ebay...but it really depends what tapes u got
like oh my god becky :loser:

ecrazy

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 09:21:21 PM »
like oh my god becky :loser:

LMMFAO!!!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 10:32:51 PM »
I got all my parents casettes. Alot of it is Death Row shit too.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Matrix Heart

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 10:41:14 PM »
Owner of one cassette:

Fugees - The Score  :)

mauzip

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 01:17:45 AM »
i bet you can make a lot of money for some of the cassettes you have

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 01:20:38 PM »
ive got colioo it takes a thief unopened ive had in scince bout 1994-1995. stilll havent opened it

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 07:36:47 PM »
My first cassette was Vanilla-Ice To The Extreme

-KIDRENEGADE-

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 12:50:21 PM »
Im gonna get a list together...I know I got some shit that yall will be like  :o

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 03:36:34 PM »
i've seen some pretty rare tapes on ebay that haven't gone for shit. no one really buys tapes anymore. maybe you should keep them around for a while, when they're really rare and collectors will surface.